Randy Quiz Answers

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:7. Bernie Torme, Irish *looks around nervously...*

Elle "never mind looking around nervously"you have changed your answer from your PM so i'll have to take your first answer so your score is still 4 OK.No cheating :oops:
:D Damn, I knew you'd notice.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Quiz

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

1.Where did Randy and Ozzy/Blizzard rehearse for the first UK Tour 1980?[/quote
The rehearsals for the first UK tour 1980 where at Shepperton film Studios UK England Sepember 1980..
2.How did Randy begin playing the guitar.
(quote Randy) Basically my whole family is musical and so i was surrounded by music all the time when i was growing up.There were always alot of instruments around the house and i just happened to pick up the guitar.
3What was his first guitar.
(quote Randy) My very first guitar was a cheap classical acoustic,but i also had an old,old Gibson acoustic called an Army -Navy special,from World War 1 or something!..He was given the cheap classical for his first folk lesson aged 6 then the Army-Navy special and when he was 8 he aquired the semi-acoustic Harmony Rocket with F holes.
4.Randy's effects/pedalboard,Ozzy use to have a nick name for this and What did he call it ?
'The Chip Pan' Ozzy gave this name to the setup because it created so much hiss and noise that it sounded like French Fries/Chips sizzling in a pan.
5.What was Randy's first appearence on record/vinyl !!..not a criminal record !.
I had to look into this as Randy had said that his first appearence was on the first Quiet Riot LP when he was 17.But everyone who read the Guitar World March 2006 would of seen the EP they done on the Magic Wand label Just How You Want It / West Coast Tryouts etc.
6.What was Randy's favourite solo on record.
Mr Crowley
7.Who replaced Randy in 1982 and what nationality is this man.
Bernie Torme (ex Gillan-Ian Gillan band) / Irish
8.In what year did Randy receive player of the year award
1981 he was also voted guitar player of the year in the music magazine Sounds poll.
9.What grade and make of plectrum/pick did Randy use..
Medium Fender
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hey Guitaridol

who is closest up to now?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Trigger, You come last because you are shit scared to be laughed at when you get the questions wrong i hope you are laughing :lol: :lol: .But i'd appreciate any questions that you can think of as it is quite hard to compile a set of questions with a couple of word answers IE Fender Medium, Mr Crowley.
But without checking the results Cableguy is the winner with 7 out of 9 because a few of his answers where very close. I would of loved to of had a go but i cannot..But it would be cool to give the job to someone else in the future.The next quiz is for a very COOL prize indeed this is the Mick Wall book Ozzy Osbourne Diary of a Madman which is a very good read and it has some great pics of Blizzard and Randy.. So i'll be thinking hard about the next 10 questions and remember the next time all the answers should be PM to me cos Elle and co like to cheat :P .Remember that i have the final word on who wins and it doesnt mean that this is rigged OK this is a bit of fun so no slagging matches please.So look forward to the next quiz and good luck to all of you... 8)
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Trigger, You come last because you are shit scared to be laughed at when you get the questions wrong i hope you are laughing :lol: :lol: .But i'd appreciate any questions that you can think of as it is quite hard to compile a set of questions with a couple of word answers IE Fender Medium, Mr Crowley.
But without checking the results Cableguy is the winner with 7 out of 9 because a few of his answers where very close. I would of loved to of had a go but i cannot..But it would be cool to give the job to someone else in the future.The next quiz is for a very COOL prize indeed this is the Mick Wall book Ozzy Osbourne Diary of a Madman which is a very good read and it has some great pics of Blizzard and Randy.. So i'll be thinking hard about the next 10 questions and remember the next time all the answers should be PM to me cos Elle and co like to cheat :P .Remember that i have the final word on who wins and it doesnt mean that this is rigged OK this is a bit of fun so no slagging matches please.So look forward to the next quiz and good luck to all of you... 8)
Sounds great, sorry about that :lol: you knew I was joking though!

(psss, my name is Ell, i'm a boy...)
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Ell I gather thats short for Elliot ??
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Ell I gather thats short for Elliot ??
Yeah, sorry, I thought you were calling me Eleanor :oops: :lol:

Anyway, when does the next quiz start?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Ell To tell you the truth i did think you were a girl and your tag was Elle as in SHE in French. I just over looked it Honest!!! :wink:
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Ell To tell you the truth i did think you were a girl and your tag was Elle as in SHE in French. I just over looked it Honest!!! :wink:
No problem :lol: