Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

DMRX
Mass Poster

More Teasers!!!!!!! Blasco on Randy!!!!

Post by DMRX »

Tito
Mass Poster

Re: More Teasers!!!!!!! Blasco on Randy!!!!

Post by Tito »

i noticed some of the other outtakes have been removed by the poster?wtf???thanks david!!!
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

again, another clip with the most obvious commentary. the halford clip was the same. i really don't need anymore "rock stars" saying obvious things like:

"randy was a virtuoso"

"ozzy had a great band"

"blizzard of ozz. wow. what a band name."

"ozzy can pick out great guitar talent."

I would really prefer interviews about the folks who were actually RELATED to this time period of Ozzy's career. Like, the touring manager, the opening bands (maybe Def Leppard or something), and if there IS commentary by Def Leppard, I really don't want to hear..."Randy was such a nice guy, and a great guitar player." Again, duh!?! Ask them some provacative questions like "what was it like to watch Randy play every night? Do you ever remember a certain moment, song, solo, whatever, where he just blew you away??" Then, the member of Def Leppard could say something like "oh yeah, the solo for Goodbye to Romance during (insert particular show) was really amazing because it was an outdoor show, and it started to rain, and Randy had this overpowering sustain and tone that evening."

I mean, let's get PERSONAL with these interviews. Any person in the world can say "Randy was a great guitarist."
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

AndrewT1976 wrote:again, another clip with the most obvious commentary. the halford clip was the same. i really don't need anymore "rock stars" saying obvious things like:

"randy was a virtuoso"

"ozzy had a great band"

I would really prefer interviews about the folks who were actually RELATED to this time period of Ozzy's career. Like, the touring manager, the opening bands (maybe Def Leppard or something), and if there IS commentary by Def Leppard, I really don't want to hear..."Randy was such a nice guy, and a great guitar player." Again, duh!?! Ask them some provacative questions like "what was it like to watch Randy play every night? Do you ever remember a certain moment, song, solo, whatever, where he just blew you away??" Then, the member of Def Leppard could say something like "oh yeah, the solo for Goodbye to Romance during (insert particular show) was really amazing because it was an outdoor show, and it started to rain, and Randy had this overpowering sustain and tone that evening."

I mean, let's get PERSONAL with these interviews. Any person in the world can say "Randy was a great guitarist."

+1 on that!
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

orion_damage wrote:
AndrewT1976 wrote:again, another clip with the most obvious commentary. the halford clip was the same. i really don't need anymore "rock stars" saying obvious things like:

"randy was a virtuoso"

"ozzy had a great band"

+1 on that!
make that +2. to be honest.. these clips are making me less excited for the doc lol Everything AndrewT1976 said is true and i think really speaks for everyone.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

yep +3 for me too!!!!!
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

+4
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

+5. Maybe some of that will be on the DVD? We can hope right? Maybe one day the PM Documentary will come out...
RhoadsToOzz

Post by RhoadsToOzz »

omg - this is NOT looking good. I wouldn't watch Blasko talk about RR even if I was flipping thru the TV stations and there he was, I still wouldn't watch it even still. Change the channel pls. Not looking forward to the box set, but very much looking forward to the new RR footage, the few minutes of unedtied magic that we might get.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

AndrewT1976 wrote:and if there IS commentary by Def Leppard, I really don't want to hear..."Randy was such a nice guy, and a great guitar player." Again, duh!?! Ask them some provacative questions like "what was it like to watch Randy play every night? Do you ever remember a certain moment, song, solo, whatever, where he just blew you away??" Then, the member of Def Leppard could say something like "oh yeah, the solo for Goodbye to Romance during (insert particular show) was really amazing because it was an outdoor show, and it started to rain, and Randy had this overpowering sustain and tone that evening."

I doubt def leppard really sat at the side of the stage and watch ozzy/randy much and certainly not enough to pinpoint things like you suggest......they would have been to busy getting drunk and all the "other" things that went on back stage. Remember they were only young themselves
estang74

Post by estang74 »

ya know what a cool teaser would be....... RANDY FOOTAGE!!!!!

It's amazing how much they are dropping the ball with these teaser videos. Imagine if they had one short 1:30 of a song off of the live dvd. The hits that thing would get on youtube and the buzz that it would generate for the box set would be huge.
www.reverbnation.com/estang74
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

The first thing he said was so far from the truth - Ozzy wasn't riding the Heavy metal God status and could NOT get any guitar player he wanted! He was fired from Sabbath and everyone knew the shape he was in. That's one reason he was going with unknowns. The fact that he pulled it off was amazing but who is this guy? Blasco? What is he supposed to be Cher or Prince? Who the F is Blasco? I hope this DVD ain't a let down. New live Randy shows on video, great. If it has cuts or shows Ozzy's or Blasco's reaction BS to the video - I will copy the extras and sell that f'er on ebay the day I get it. Damn that pissed me off!

P.S. - Maybe that's why they aren't selling them in stores. So you can't return them!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

This is a total reminisence to the dakota 'interview' docu. Who the fuck wants to listen to an hour long interview of people praising the obvious about Randy and how good the Blizzard albums are. Shit they may aswell of interviewed me... at least i could let the people know what it was like at a live gig 30 years ago. I just hope this dvd has more to offer then 15 people talking bolloxs. If the footage isn't any better then the few lousy clips we've seen its going to be an expensive collectors piece.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

estang74 wrote:ya know what a cool teaser would be....... RANDY FOOTAGE!!!!!

It's amazing how much they are dropping the ball with these teaser videos. Imagine if they had one short 1:30 of a song off of the live dvd. The hits that thing would get on youtube and the buzz that it would generate for the box set would be huge.
Well if going by what they did show us to tease us in the live footage a couple of shots of Randy in the dark and another shot zoomed in quickly. Fuck if thats the best clips to tease us with it ain't making me go hard. I think i'm going off the boil with this dvd.
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

After seeing it ( https://youtubeproxy.org/default.aspx?p ... n5MrG77Sec for the people who cant view the normal link) I can only agree with the things others are saying here. I'd prefer hearing GUITARIDOL or anyone else who has witnessed a show talking instead of some musicians that weren't there but just say how amazing he was...