Halloween '79

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RRfish
Madman

Re: Halloween '79

Post by RRfish »

I guess that's the answer you can get from a want to be.................so sad in my opinion :( :fish:
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

RRfish wrote::wink: Of course Frank, since you visit Burbank so often you would know that Granada is still well and alive. Not gone at all, since my last visit was a week ago with friends. But again, I am in Burbank and the valley often, old digs as it may be. Still have the best Margaritas in the valley. I'm betting halorising has been there too. But apparently not you lately.............Old haunts bring up very good memories.............. :wink: :fish:
Okay,so its been closed since Oct 2010 ...as per the Roman calendar etc.
Ill have what your drinking.

http://articles.burbankleader.com/2010- ... aurant-bar

Granada closes after 39 years
Staff, patrons mourn passing of civic institution
October 06, 2010|By Bill Kisliuk, bill.kisliuk@latimes.com

Alfredo's Granada, a Burbank restaurant, bar and civic institution for nearly 40 years, closed down Saturday night, to the sorrow and surprise of longtime patrons.

Owner Alex Bernal said a host of legal, business and family problems forced the Victory Boulevard restaurant to serve its last meal. He said the business will file for bankruptcy shortly, with the building to be sold to the highest bidder.

"It's sad," Bernal said Sunday. "I worked here for 24 years. My father built this from scratch."

Alfredo Bernal launched the Mexican restaurant in 1971, in the location of the former Sargents Restaurant. Though Bernal died in 2003, other family members have kept the Mexican cuisine, busy bar and weekly specials going.

On Saturday afternoon, regulars who had heard rumors that the Granada was closing hurried down for a final meal. After the doors locked at 5 p.m., they used their cell phones to guide friends to the back door or waited by the front entrance to unlock the door when friends appeared.
Advertisement
Quantcast
Ads by Google

Sandy Lucas walked out with a souvenir menu and decades of memories, such as the time 31 years ago that she went into labor while enjoying a drink and a cigarette at Alfredo's.

Inside, her son Chris Lucas, 31, shared a meal with family and friends.

"It's pretty sad," he said. "I've been coming here my whole life. I was here before I was born."

Bill Jones, a regular for 35 years, was one of several who said Alfredo's Granada was like the bar in the TV show "Cheers." The regulars knew each other, appreciated the service and the food – "best margaritas in the world" said Steve Cothran as he sat at the bar Saturday afternoon – and kept coming back.

The event that led to the closure was well known to Jones and others.

"Ever since Alfredo died, everybody is fighting for control," he said.

Alex Bernal said the restaurant recently settled a suit by a former employee alleging labor law violations, and that another one is looming. He claimed the restaurant had done nothing wrong, but the suits proved costly. He also said family members disagreed over the future of the restaurant, and the recession has slowed business. He said 30 employees will be looking for new jobs.

Fredy Torres worked at the restaurant for 14 years, starting in 1977, and was on hand Saturday night for the last farewell.

"I haven't worked here for 19 years, and still I see the same people here," he said. "It's like family. It's very sad."
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
chasmcneal

Post by chasmcneal »

I have little doubt that rrfish will provide a reasonable explanation for this misunderstanding.

<snarky face>
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

The olden days look fun, nowadays if its fancy dress people just turn up as alkies or rodents, that they already are. Cheer for the info aswell.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

RRfish wrote::wink: Of course Frank, since you visit Burbank so often you would know that Granada is still well and alive. Not gone at all, since my last visit was a week ago with friends. But again, I am in Burbank and the valley often, old digs as it may be. Still have the best Margaritas in the valley. I'm betting halorising has been there too. But apparently not you lately.............Old haunts bring up very good memories.............. :wink: :fish:
frank wrote:i stand by my previous post. this conversation is over. freak.
oh don't you just love the internet.....even in the face of blinding evidence (i.e franks link) some people still feel the need to pick a fight :roll:

http://articles.burbankleader.com/2010- ... aurant-bar

http://losangeles.menupages.com/restaur ... s-granada/

RR fish how about you go to granada's tomorrow, order a big plate of food and take a photo of you eating it then post it here..... :wink:

and for the record I live on the other side of the world, never met anyone even remotely connected to randy and honestly could give a flying .... if I never do :fish:
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

RRfish wrote:No game, as you had put so many times before, "Randy had blue eyes, and Naturally blonde hair". Not a chance Frank, Randy had brown eyes and auburn brown hair naturally
Sorry Fish but how can you say that??? :shock: You must be joking right?
If not then I fully understand Frank's reaction in this.......
Attachments
TAB_Diary-113.jpg
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well it's obvious he has an axe to grind with Frank.... Argueing over what restaurant Randy use to go to. Then the Frank your say is BS, Randy's got blue eyes.. :roll: Come on RRfish why don't you get your handbag out and finish him off.
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

Ha.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

RRfish wrote:Not a chance Frank, Randy had brown eyes

Hey Fish, if you actually live in So. Cal., you'd know that the sun bleaches light brown hair to a nice blond, naturally. As for Randy's eyes, this picture says 'blue eyes' to me.

Frank is, and has been closer to Randy's family than anyone else who has ever posted here... you should simply take your game elsewhere. I for one say you are not welcome if that's how you want to behave here.

zennman
Cool Member

Post by zennman »

Wow, this thread seemed to melt down quite nicely. No wonder close friends of RR's don't show their face on these forums that often, and when they do, they get attacked. Totally uncalled for IMHO....
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Embarrassed

Sorry Frank
Live Life Stronger Than Death
RhoadsToOzz

Post by RhoadsToOzz »

whoa.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Is it going to be handbags at dawn or special handshakes?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

poseur's prefer handbags, lol.

seriously, thanks for the kind words, guys.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Sorry, Frank...those comments were uncalled for and low-budget as far as I'm concerned.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!