Blizzard DVD trailer

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

slobberface

Blizzard DVD trailer

Post by slobberface »

Check it out!...a few shots of the new footage in this! also in the beginning is what sounds to be part of the unreleased solo maybe?.. Anyone know if there is a "long version" of this trailer?
http://www.contactmusic.com/videos.nsf/ ... rt-version
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Re: Blizzard DVD trailer

Post by orion_damage »

Holy crap! Its like seeing video for the many pictures we've seen through the years, that's gonna be mine!
matt21

Post by matt21 »

Wait, I only thought there was pro-shot Blizzard footage, but seeing pro-shot Diary footage in there as well is awesome 8)
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

matt21 wrote:Wait, I only thought there was pro-shot Blizzard footage, but seeing pro-shot Diary footage in there as well is awesome 8)

It was never said to be "pro-shot" blizzard footage. Just unreleased "bootleg" footage. The Blizzard footage here is obviously amateur but looks to be about a good B- recording.
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

i also noticed that while they show a half-second snippet of Randy on the Diary stage (sorta like the ET footage, maybe thats what this is..), the close up Ozzy shots on the Diary stage are from the Irvine Meadows Brad Gillis show. That was really obvious.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

:cry: Why won't the clip play for me AAAaaaaaarrrrrgghhh!!!!
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Bastard..... the uploader has not made this available to the UK... Shit talk about being teased...... AAAAAaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!
Efrum

Post by Efrum »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Bastard..... the uploader has not made this available to the UK... Shit talk about being teased...... AAAAAaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!
Hey Idol! Try this one.
http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/pla ... ff&newfp=1
Efrum

Post by Efrum »

If anyone has both Palladium shows on audio, you can compare the begiining of Crowley to this video and find out if it's the first or second show. That will determine if we get a spotlight solo or not.
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

Efrum wrote:If anyone has both Palladium shows on audio, you can compare the begiining of Crowley to this video and find out if it's the first or second show. That will determine if we get a spotlight solo or not.

the live portion of the DVD is only slightly more than 30 minutes. So there's no way of knowing if a solo will be on there or not. It may but it may very well not be.
Solos

Post by Solos »

Well, I was one of the doubters and there was the proof... I'm speechless. I can't wait to get my hands on that video! The Diary footage is from a different perspective than what we've seen in the past as well.

Not to sound like a fruitcake but my eyes welled up a bit when they flashed clips of Randy onstage. Not because of sadness, but because of joy...

I'm curious what that first bit of audio is from? If it is a solo outake from Blizzard or Diary it is definitely something new and different from what made the final record.
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

Solos wrote:Well, I was one of the doubters and there was the proof... I'm speechless. I can't wait to get my hands on that video! The Diary footage is from a different perspective than what we've seen in the past as well.

Not to sound like a fruitcake but my eyes welled up a bit when they flashed clips of Randy onstage. Not because of sadness, but because of joy...

I'm curious what that first bit of audio is from? If it is a solo outake from Blizzard or Diary it is definitely something new and different from what made the final record.

yeah, it was cool seeing another quick snippet of Randy playing on the Diary stage....but its probably going to be all we're getting. The reason i say that is because if you look at the CLOSE footage where Ozzy is shown (at the 1:00-1:01 mark of the video), thats footage from the '82 show w/Brad Gillis at Irvine Meadows.
The ET footage segment looked better than this....would be great someday if it was unearthed that they filmed more than just that couple second snippet.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Efrum wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Hey Idol! Try this one.
http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/pla ... ff&newfp=1
Thanks for trying to help Efrum but this one is doing the same. :cry:
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

At first glance, the footage:

1. Ozzy in Blue Fringe Shirt (BOO Tour) Probably Palladium
2. Ozzy in WHite Fringe Shirt (BOOTour) Probably Palladium
*Could be that BOTH Palladium shows were filmed!
3. Diary footage. 0:53-0:55, this looks like it is NOT ET footage since randy appears to be in different stage gear and looks like there is an audience clapping along.
4. Diary footage probably from the same gig since Randy is in same stage gear as 3.

Better study of this will reveal more, I'm sure.

"No more RR footage exists", Right......

Today is a good day for Randall William Rhoads.