More AZ footage pics

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Tito
Mass Poster

Re: More AZ footage pics

Post by Tito »

i got a question what are the statute of limitations on all these legalities involving this footage?
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

I don't really know. I'm not a lawyer.

I do know that copyright for music is something like "The life of the artist +70 years" or something like that. I would think that other copyright laws would be about the same.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

ah shit i forgot that ozzy"s music is copywritten and also his image likeness etc..so i see why the brothers cant do shit with the footage....i think the copyright shit lasts 30 years unless its updated..forgive me if im wrong on that..got a brain fart there...so the footage stays with them and we can only hope for some other things...bless the brothers for thier work and leave em alone!!!!!!!!back to topic!!!!!!!!
slingblade
Mass Poster

Post by slingblade »

just wondering about copyrites theres thousands of pics on line with no copy marks or other things of the sort no to mention the fan pics people put on line every day it should be up to the websites to figure out what to allow on there sites i asked a question about a pic dvd mail in the first response was a law suit threat wow wee thats deep considering the amount of pictures one can get on line from any site no one is making anything from all the videos n pictures i read its the photographers responsibility to mark there work i see alot of pics that are the same as the ones i got on line 8yrs or longer that i posted some are even better the site says you can upload from photobucket n otheres so its crazy every website on line that allows picture cd video uploads should post some sort of legal notice not to mention the people who own copyrite materials should post regulations of uploaded content beforehand i was just trying to help out this site with pics ive collected not to mention this was the first and last site ill ever upload onto again after reading the laws to many if ands and buts the bottom line is the almighty dollar i guess no more post for this guy its to much
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

slingblade wrote: i read its the photographers responsibility to mark there work
When someone illegally scans your photos (obtained before there ever WAS a world wide web, in most cases) and uploads them online - how exactly do you propose the "photographer" marks it?

The "purchaser/collector" has no license to replicate and distribute the physical photo in any other manner. Whether it's a physical photo or a photo file.

It's no different from music/movie file-sharing. It's illegal.
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

The genie is totally out of the bottle and there is no returning on file sharing, music sharing, picture uploading, etc. That's the world we live in now with WWW and such. I choose to purchase my favorite artists' music because I'm a fan and want them to continue to make music.

I know they wont ever release it, and it's a shame. Personally, I think it's a travesty due to the fact that we're talking about a precious comodity and a young man whose legacy deserves to live on. Since it's silent footage, it's no different than the thousands of photos already available online. I can see both sides of the debate, but the brothers are truly dinosaurs when it comes to the reality of 'bootlegs' these days. They are holding out for a major payday for something that will never come. Kids these days tape shows and put them up on youtube and other sites constantly. THAT is how the real world works now, and all it does is fuel band's live-show popularity. Look up any popular band these days and you will be able to find hours of concert / rare footage online. Shit, bands themselves release it!

I was just at the Ozzy show in St. Louis last Friday and saw 3 different people recording it. I guarantee you will be able to find snippets online in the coming weeks. If not from that show, there will be from others. And they aren't waiting for some get-rich paycheck.

That being said, it is still a fun debate.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Been waiting since I was 13 for Randy footage. I'm 42 now. I guess I wait longer, cough!
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

The internet really did change things a bit. Remember when people, like myself, would record songs onto a cassette tape from a vinyl record to share with friends. That was how you got your friends into the band and they would then buy the album. Wow, no one really attacked anyone back then for it. Companies made money by selling the equipment to do so. Now they give you the equipment to burn songs, amoung other things, but for personal use. They don't want people sharing. True that may be stealing, but no matter what, people WILL BUY the CD if they love the band and will go to the shows.

Bootlegs have been around for a long time. There are great Zep bootlegs and Page took some of them from fans and worked on them to make them better then released it. We can go on about these topics and we'll be out of breath again ... at least with Randy.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

NAPSTER CHANGED EVERTHING!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

People are into what you sell them. We are about to be sold to China. Where it's coming from and why are up to the politicians. We are about to get a rude awakening.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

hansolo wrote:People are into what you sell them. We are about to be sold to China. Where it's coming from and why are up to the politicians. We are about to get a rude awakening.
read citibanks report on plutonomy...basically how the gap between the rich and poor is spreading further apart and social unrest may lie ahead.Its really quite a stunning,frank and detached assesment of class warfare.This report was meant only for its uber wealthy clients and was leaked i believe.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I don't understand it all but, I do know in some classical music copyright can also be passed along to people in the family. So there are quite a few composers from over 100 years ago who you still have to get permission to perform/record their music

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Videon07

Post by Videon07 »

This whole thing is really upsetting. I would love more than anything to be able to watch randy as he goes through the setlist so I can study his playing more and from the sound of it if one of the brothers focused on randy the whole show that's exactly what I could do.
clashradio
Cool Member

Post by clashradio »

I have a buddy who is a big Elvis fan. He is always telling me of new boots coming out, audio and video. Some boot company just released a box set called The Final Curtain. 6 cd's and 6 dvd's of unreleased stuff, all from 1977. All from first generation sources, super 8 reels, soundboards, and audiance recordings, all master sources. They even got their hands on the 1977 CBS special from a tv station, not a home vhs recording. Elvis Enterprises won't release much from 77 due to him being bloated etc. They even know about this box set (which is so high quality, it looks offical). How come Elvis fans get constanly treated with new boots every month of extreme high quality...not us Ozzy/Randy fans.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

clashradio wrote:I have a buddy who is a big Elvis fan. He is always telling me of new boots coming out, audio and video. Some boot company just released a box set called The Final Curtain. 6 cd's and 6 dvd's of unreleased stuff, all from 1977. All from first generation sources, super 8 reels, soundboards, and audiance recordings, all master sources. They even got their hands on the 1977 CBS special from a tv station, not a home vhs recording. Elvis Enterprises won't release much from 77 due to him being bloated etc. They even know about this box set (which is so high quality, it looks offical). How come Elvis fans get constanly treated with new boots every month of extreme high quality...not us Ozzy/Randy fans.

In fairness there would be MUCH more stuff in an Elvis archive than an OZZY archive.
Look at how popular & rich the guy was plus he was an established artist for 20 years. Randy, Respectfully, was a pimple on an ass compared with that...