Not GOOD News on the rereleased Blizzard & Diary

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Not GOOD News on the rereleased Blizzard & Diary

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

This guy over at the black-sabbath.com forum has commented with inside info. ..."DELAYED INDEFINITELY DUE TO ONGOING LEGAL PROBLEMS"... SHIT.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthr ... 921&page=2
halo8th
Cool Member

Re: Not GOOD News on the rereleased Blizzard & Diary

Post by halo8th »

this really is getting laughable. We'll probably never see those.........really.
And the video footage? Forget about it. Never see the light of day.
RRhoadsTribute

Post by RRhoadsTribute »

I have given up, we have all we ever will of Randy. We will never have any more studio songs, and especially footage. Never.
Phineas J

Post by Phineas J »

Really?

I sure hope this info is wrong, but my gut tells me this might be balls on!

The only thing I can think of is W T F!!!!

Nearly 30 years and counting of this nonsense. I feared this would happen when anytime the Rhoads family was interviewed they knew nothing. Bob & Lee, know nothing. I'll bet the lawyers are involved now and that pretty much means the party is over. I would be real surprised to see Sharon re-cut the Diary and Blizzard pie to "make things right" when that means splitting the pie evenly.

Randy's fans get the stinky end again.

That Randy footage aint comin out unless it is attached to the Diary and Blizzard reissues. Trust me, Sharon knows that will be the only reason for fans to buy them again. Plus, all of the diehards have them in multiple copies already in original form too.

Maybe we should adopt the motto "If it were raining pu$$ies, we get hit with a d1ck!"

Man this sucks.................again.
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

Shame on ALL parties involved in this piss-poor handling of Randy's legacy. SHAME!!!
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

Well, my mental wounds are definitely not healing and they are most decidedly driving me insane.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Please, please join our petition to Sharon Osbourne group on facebook. It is run by Cyptic night (Shaun), me and Trigger (Ian)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3 ... 453&ref=ts
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

im starting to see a pattern.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

sik_kreations wrote:im starting to see a pattern.
We have started to grow tired of those closest to Randy and the poor way they handle his legacy! I think all the comlaining I have heard about the fan base is nothing compared to the shabby way his body of work has been handled.

We have had nothing solid since Kevin released the RR years and prior to that we had tribute!!! big deal, I haven't forgot they made signature amps ands a few guitars...............SO WHAT! big ticket items that most fans can't afford and a statue, again SO WHAT!
Randy was an incredible musician who was ahead of his time we want to hear or see materail of him playing not some tacky shit!
For all those of you who handle the legacy? GROW UP!!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Should we really be so surprised? The doc was going strong, then nothing. The box set was going strong, then nothing.

Sometimes I really hate being a fan of Randy Rhoads (I hate to say it, but it's true)

Other musicians (EVH comes to mind) have loads of bootlegs and video out there, and people are always releasing new things from them. Then us, Randy Rhoads fans, get the short end because "No footage exists" and the bootlegs are mostly crap-quality, and everyone who knew him hates everyone else who knew him, so no one can get along and put out something quality for the sake of fans remembering their FRIEND.

Is it really so hard to give people what's due, and put on a fake smile and "be friends" for a little bit so they can release something of quality?

The "tribute" items that have been released are nice and all (Amp, guitars, etc) but it's not the same as hearing/seeing something new from the man himself. Also, like Ian, I don't see how making such items like Randy's guitar so overpriced would really help people to remember him. The quote from (Kathy?) the NAMM show about making a copy of Randy's Concorde so the fans can have a chance to play like Randy (Or something to that affect) made me laugh. Not many Randy Rhoads fans could afford that. They'd be better off making a "New" version of it (As when Randy first got it) and selling it for MUCH cheaper than 12k.

Anyways, I'm trailing off again, my point was that we are always getting shafted. This person who was considered an angel by his friends, is surrounded by so much hate and greed that it just makes me sick.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I honestly think this has been stopped because of Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake. I think they have done something to stop the Osbourne's going ahead with this. I wouldn't blame them as this has been an ongoing issue for years. Then they decide to rerelease them ?. You have got to remember that those 2 musicians have been fucked over big time. We cannot just get all pissed off because us Randy fans are not getting our cake. This has to be done so all parties are happy including the Rhoads, Osbournes, Bob & Lee. I was very suspicious when i questioned Bob about this and he didn't reply back. It'll be interesting to see if he does, as he ain't never let me down yet.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I agree Shaun when I said those who control Randy's legacy I meant all those who pull the strings! I also realise that this is the perfect way to get a full and final resolution for Lee & Bob, however those who control the legacy knew full well what would happen and handled in badly. They lead us on and don't bare any thought for the consequences or what this means to us strong and loyal fans.
More music is what we want not tacky shit!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:We cannot just get all pissed off because us Randy fans are not getting our cake. This has to be done so all parties are happy including the Rhoads, Osbournes, Bob & Lee.
+1
I think in the end that's better for everyone, but after 20 years or more it's pretty frustrating to us fans for sure...... :x We must be all 'angels' here to have that much patience! :P

*and yep for the last couple months it was already too quiet regarding the footage as well.... (I don't think Bob & Lee could stop that right? So maybe there is more going on besides Bob and Lee.....)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

For fook sake!, 30 years and they still fartin about this is 'ridiculful'.
30 more year no doubt...my arse.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Jazznroll wrote:For fook sake!, 30 years and they still fartin about this is 'ridiculful'.
30 more year no doubt...my arse.
Ridiculful? :?:

And I am aware that Bob and Lee want what's due to them. I'm in no way mad at Bob or Lee about it this. I understand them. I'm just saying, it's been over 30 years, and they can't shake hands and agree to do something (Not necessarily for themselves) for someone whom they've all had NOTHING but kind words for.

Ozzy and Sharon really need to just quit this. They know they did wrong, Ozzy admitted it (Though, he put blame on Sharon)

He also admitted to not liking the bastardized copies, so if everyone but Sharon wants the originals back, why the hell can't they just work things out? :roll:
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.