Tonight Extended???

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

DMRX
Mass Poster

Tonight Extended???

Post by DMRX »

I was Listening to Tonight on Youtube & saw this comment from some guy,he seems like he May Have actually heard it since he seems determined to find it,Ive ony heard Max & Bob Talk of it going on but never heard of a boot??

popgoiuuod
9 months ago 3 IM bored today and trying to find the actual original recording of this song. As sure as the sun will set tonight? there is a 20 m inute version of this solo.. So even the original version was shorted but for obvious reasons. The bootleg I heard years ago was about 10+ minutes long.. Randy just kept playing and playing and they let the tape run... Im shocked its never made it on youtube, but im determined to find it : 0
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Re: Tonight Extended???

Post by NoQuattro »

I read that on there. I'd like to think it's true, but I just dismissed it as another youtuber talking out of his ass. These reissues had better have the rest of that fadeout on them. Randy's best work, I think.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

could u imagine a 20 min. version?
dinomite
Cool Member

Post by dinomite »

That would be amazing, Even if it doesn't turn up on the new release, I hope you (or someone in the community) finds a full version. 20 Mins would be the best!! Go down as probably the greatest solo of all time, lol!!
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

I'm real skeptical about that particular claim, though It'd be neat...hadn't Max Norman made a comment once about Randy soloing on for an extra 2-5 minutes on Tonight?
I'm sure if it was an astounding 20 minutes, someone like Bob Daisley would have mentioned that somewhere by now.
As Randy moves further into the public eye, and as these events age closer to three decades,( :shock: !!), one has to keep in mind that some folks are going to start to weave some pretty outlandish stuff:
"Randy took lessons from me"
"I own Randy's third Jackson"
"I shot the Palladium footage"
"I saw a picture of Randy sitting on the wing of the Beechcraft on the morning of 3/19"
"Max Norman and I got baked the other night and he played me four hours of unfaded solos from Blizzard and Diary."
"I was Randy Rhoads' roadie's roadie..."
In a way, I'm looking forward to a time when all of the books, films, footage, unreleased audio, remastered, deluxe, extended, legacy editions come to pass, that way, the freaks will fuck off elsewhere and the community can go back to some semblence of normalcy...or a reasonable facsimile thereof :lol:

T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
scooterh67

Post by scooterh67 »

I agree 100 % Tom!! I couldn't of said it any better myself, especially the last part you said. Now that made me laugh!! :lol:

Scott 8)
ammalato

Post by ammalato »

He could very well be talking about those "tape loops" that Max cut for Randy as he was working out his solos. Perhaps, Randy let the loop run a while while he worked it out. Just a thought.
Life's a stage and we're all in the cast.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

whoopiecat wrote:I'm real skeptical about that particular claim, though It'd be neat...hadn't Max Norman made a comment once about Randy soloing on for an extra 2-5 minutes on Tonight?
I'm sure if it was an astounding 20 minutes, someone like Bob Daisley would have mentioned that somewhere by now.
As Randy moves further into the public eye, and as these events age closer to three decades,( :shock: !!), one has to keep in mind that some folks are going to start to weave some pretty outlandish stuff:
"Randy took lessons from me"
"I own Randy's third Jackson"
"I shot the Palladium footage"
"I saw a picture of Randy sitting on the wing of the Beechcraft on the morning of 3/19"
"Max Norman and I got baked the other night and he played me four hours of unfaded solos from Blizzard and Diary."
"I was Randy Rhoads' roadie's roadie..."
In a way, I'm looking forward to a time when all of the books, films, footage, unreleased audio, remastered, deluxe, extended, legacy editions come to pass, that way, the freaks will fuck off elsewhere and the community can go back to some semblence of normalcy...or a reasonable facsimile thereof :lol: T.
Then when we've had our answers to everything and seen and heard everything from Randy. Will it not be stale time and nothing happening ever again, with nothing to wait for and no leads to chase up. In the event of that ever happening won't it be boring because nothing will be out there to look for. Imagine it ? NO Thanks i'd prefer for it to slowly leak out and it keeps us wanting more.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

yep i agree with that!
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

I'm of the opinion that Randy is becoming less relevant as each year ticks past :cry: There are fewer "old" fans like me who were there when Randy was alive and sadly the younger fans are left dreaming of the fairy tale lost footage and outtakes. I'm a HUGE RR fan but face it even back in 82 when he was lost they chucked Brad in the guitar slot and the tour never missed a beat even after Rudy left :roll: I appreciate all Randy left us and anything else that surfaces would be great but as classic as the BOO and diary albums are they are now in the mainstream"classic rock" and few care who played on it as long as Oz sang- I even heard crazy train on the weather channel!After 30 years I have realized RR was a 25 year old kid whose life was cut short who was able to rewrite the book on rock guitar-not to shabby. But as far as being a God to the mainstream public never happened.The 1959RR Marshall never even sold out and there were 150 made,yet the EVH Frankensrats were sold before they were available :| How many people here bought a relic pinstripe other than Scott Ian :lol: I guess I'm finding the boards a bit to much gossip and hearsay for the past couple of years-like the Wareagle theater concert the tonight 20 min fadeout isn't real IMO-was side 1 of diary even 20mins long??
Anyhow feeling bitchy today felt like unloading :wink:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Some people are obsessive over Randy Rhoads to the status of being too fanatical. I can take it or leave it. It wouldn't really bother me if i never seen any more Live footage or new unpublished pictures. Because at the moment we have enough audio tapes and still photographs, interviews, magazine articles etc. How many people have read every article ever printed about RR ?. I haven't seen every photograph ever taking of the man. But it's cool when something new turns up, i can understand us 'older' fans who had the opportunity to see Ozzy in concert some of our older farts / fans even seen Quiet Riot. So i can see the Live footage being an important issue as it will be like seeing the man Live.
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

JAY wrote:I'm of the opinion that Randy is becoming less relevant as each year ticks past :cry: There are fewer "old" fans like me who were there when Randy was alive and sadly the younger fans are left dreaming of the fairy tale lost footage and outtakes. I'm a HUGE RR fan but face it even back in 82 when he was lost they chucked Brad in the guitar slot and the tour never missed a beat even after Rudy left :roll: I appreciate all Randy left us and anything else that surfaces would be great but as classic as the BOO and diary albums are they are now in the mainstream"classic rock" and few care who played on it as long as Oz sang- I even heard crazy train on the weather channel!After 30 years I have realized RR was a 25 year old kid whose life was cut short who was able to rewrite the book on rock guitar-not to shabby. But as far as being a God to the mainstream public never happened.The 1959RR Marshall never even sold out and there were 150 made,yet the EVH Frankensrats were sold before they were available :| How many people here bought a relic pinstripe other than Scott Ian :lol: I guess I'm finding the boards a bit to much gossip and hearsay for the past couple of years-like the Wareagle theater concert the tonight 20 min fadeout isn't real IMO-was side 1 of diary even 20mins long??
Anyhow feeling bitchy today felt like unloading :wink:
Agree with a fair bit there, Jay! For Randy's rep to have been taken care of a couple of things prob needed to happen: the live album and video (I still believe it exists :lol: ) needed to come out by the end of 1983 at the latest. Randy was still fresh in the minds of many back then, and it was before Yngwie, Satriani etc. But due to all the political stuff that was never going to happen. It really shocks me that the fans and Randy's close friends have to keep reminding people how great he was. If the people who had the clout to release those things could've done so when the other big name rock guitarists were Van Halen, Moore and Schenker it would have had 50 times the impact on the general public that the Deluxe set will. Don't get me wrong, like GI, I'm still looking forward to hearing every outtake etc 8) Years ago I asked Bob about the 'Tonight' solo - 3 extra minutes be more likely than 20 :lol: but our guy could fit a lot of music into 3 minutes! 8)
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Randy is a Huge Hero "Underground" he was a Household Name -83-87 *(He had about a half Dozen Posters on the HUGE "FUNKY" Brand in 1985 & was at Every Mall /Music shop in America let alone the rest of the world),but his Real Fans are The Best INHO,& They are very passionate!!Its not about how mainstream or many eople he influences or gives a new look on life/guitar Music ect.ect. Its the Ones that he does is in A Whole different way & they are very passionate about him.
This New Release Should send Alot of Attention his way & if its Done Properly on the Buisiness end,They will release a PROMO VIDEO for it & Play it like Mad on VH1 Classic!!It would be on the Metal video shows,the classic rock shows,the 80s shows..It Has the Potentiol for Greatness.

Kelly G Hinted to the extended Versions & The Osbournes "Listening to the Fans??
Ive Got my Fingers Crossed
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

sik_kreations wrote:could u imagine a 20 min. version?
No
jckmdcn

Post by jckmdcn »

I don't think there's even 10 minutes of Randy's playing that we haven't heard, but a full fade on TONIGHT would be nice. Who would've
thought we would've gotten the full fade on Crowley, but we did. (also some hope for YCKRNR fade too)

I think that when the video comes out and this box set, the vast majority of stuff that is out there, will finally be, out there. I'll always have
hope of something more, but it has been almost 30 years now, that's a long time. I'll be happy with this.