I hink it was mentioned,but pretty Interesting

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

DMRX
Mass Poster

I hink it was mentioned,but pretty Interesting

Post by DMRX »

Just recently announced was the 2010 Sony Music Entertainment re-releases of Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman, featuring Randy Rhoads, with the original bass and drum tracks restored. These will be 2 disc Deluxe 30th Anniversary Editions with demos, rarities and previously unreleased live material. A limited Super Deluxe Edition of Blizzard of Ozz will be released in the U.K. only and features a newly designed DVD sized Digipak case with the 2 CD's, a 65 minute DVD featuring never-before-seen live concert footage & interviews with Ozzy and the band, 3 Fender guitar picks, stickers, a faux invitation to the resurrection of Alistair Crowley and an 18cm by 12cm glossy 58-page booklet. Release dates have yet to be announced.

http://www.answers.com/topic/blizzard-of-ozz

So Forget Japan untill we know what it is for sure,according to this We Gotta Get the UK Edition!!!
Last edited by DMRX on Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Ehink it was mentioned,but pretty Interesting

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

So us Brits will be getting this first good news. For release in the UK ONLY... Just out of interest does anyone know the official running time of the NY Palladium super 8 footage ?. If that disc runs for 65 mins including the demos & interviews. I should imagine it will have the ET footage and a new interview. I'm going with the ET footage as it is the best in quality available. It's going to be a short run Live show i just hope i'm wrong and it isn't this super 8 footage.
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

DMRX wrote:a 65 minute DVD featuring never-before-seen live concert footage & interviews with Ozzy and the band
Live material + interviews in 65 minutes? That would mean no whole live show, wouldn't it?
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Just out of interest does anyone know the official running time of the NY Palladium super 8 footage ?.
About 13 minutes. No way it's that footage they gonna release.

So 65 minutes..., I think they concerts they did in '81 took about 60 minutes or less. It coud be one '81 show + some interviews. How accurate is the information we got? Maybe it's a typo and it is 75 minutes? Who knows...
And maybe there will be another release later on with more stuff?

Earier they were taking about two shows and another film about Randy....
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I am getting so bloody confused about all the different info I am feeling a bit like Ozzy with his remote control LOL
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Why do people not listen to the facts, you've got someone saying ASK OZZY ABOUT THE LIVE SHOW WITH RANDY. Ozzy gets asked and says Oh! it comes from a super 8. Then it's pure speculation that it's not going to be the crap NY Palladium show. Did Zakk Wylde not say it was from the Palladium ?. Why are we all believing this is going to be an immaculate pro shot film. The only person who has mentioned pro shot was Dave Tangye when he was asked if ANY shows had been filmed. If this show was as good as what people are hyping up. I think it would of been put out in a separate package. But when $haron said about cleaning the films up and putting them together it is showing signs of being a super 8. Pat they have giving the time duration and your squeezing in another 10 minutes WHY. In the hope that it's going to be 10 minutes more of an interview you don't want to see ?. Come on guys get real if the writing is on the wall why do you have to go looking under unturned stones ?.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The Flying Dutchman wrote: How accurate is the information we got?
This is from the interview....
My question for you is about the footage you found of the Randy Rhoads early in your career. Do you have any details about how much will be included in the box set of the Blizzard Diary or where it might have been filmed?

Ozzy Osbourne: I don’t know anything about what you’re saying. My wife’s is doing all that. I have heard and seen a little bit of it. If I’m correct, it’s taken from like a Super Eight Studio.
The Flying Dutchman

Well Shaun,
Maybe Ozzy is right and it is super8. But is super8 considered pro-shot?
Did the Palladium have super8 in-house cams?
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Well Shaun,
Maybe Ozzy is right and it is super8. But is super8 considered pro-shot?
Did the Palladium have super8 in-house cams?
Im certainly no expert, but just digging a little bit I wouldnt think anyone would consider Super 8 pro-shot.

"Launched in 1965, Super 8 film comes in plastic light-proof cartridges containing coaxial supply and take-up spools loaded with 50 feet of film. This was enough film for 2.5 minutes at the U.S. motion picture professional standard of 24 frames per second, and for 3 minutes and 20 seconds of continuous filming at 18 frames per second (upgraded from Standard 8 mm's 16 frame/s) for amateur use, for a total of approximately 3,600 frames per film cartridge."

However, Im not sure what he meant by Super 8 studio. I've looked but I cant find anything on that. Was the studio a special kind of camera? Did he mean it was in the studio filmed with a super 8? Or was he just spouting off nonsense? Ive only been able to come up with results for Super 8, not super 8 studio.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

So if the film can only be used for a max of 2.30 - 3.20 minutes that would make sense of what $haron was saying about putting the films together and cleaning them up. If like Pat said the Palladium film was 13 mins long that would be 5-6 cans of film. As far as the 'super 8 studio' could that not be the place the film has originaly came from a collectors vault ?.
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:So if the film can only be used for a max of 2.30 - 3.20 minutes that would make sense of what $haron was saying about putting the films together and cleaning them up. If like Pat said the Palladium film was 13 mins long that would be 5-6 cans of film. As far as the 'super 8 studio' could that not be the place the film has originaly came from a collectors vault ?.

Sounds about right, but of course we can only speculate. What gets me though is that he said the footage blew him away. I would think if he saw the Palladium footage he would not be impressed by it at all and wouldnt want it put out. I mean, he has always said that Randy would think Tribute was junk, and the Palladium footage isnt anywhere near that quality. But of course Zakk said he thought it was from the Palladium, and I trust what Zakk says about it more than Ozzy, Zakk is a Randy fanatic like the rest of us here.
The Flying Dutchman

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:As far as the 'super 8 studio' could that not be the place the film has originaly came from a collectors vault ?.
Sure it can.
Like you said already, a 'super 8 studio' can be just a name for a studio or implying that it's studio for working on super8 footage only.

$haron said they had two shows in the archives they were working on. And if it will be footage + interviews: in total 65 minutes then I'm a bit worried what to expect? I'm not much worried about the quality of the footage. I'm a little worried how we will get it presented? I rather see one complete show instead of parts of footage from two shows with interviews mixed in, like a doc or something.
Like AV says, it's all speculating....
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Exactly, Ace...thanks for the point about Zakk. I'm pretty darn sure Zakk has seen the youtube Palladium stuff like the rest of us. While at theis point, it is part of the small amount of Ozzy-era footage we have of Randy, it's nothing to do backflips over.
As I said before, If the footage Zakk saw is new to him, it's new to the rest of the fans.
It isn't easy being on this side of the fence and needing to have the patience of a sensei.

T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
The Flying Dutchman

So we can be sure it's NOT "After Hours".......? (it's not 'super8' right?)

:|
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:So we can be sure it's NOT "After Hours".......? (it's not 'super8' right?)

:|
Well, if we take Ozzy's word for it then it is Super 8. But remember who we are talking about here. And he even said "if I am correct". So I take it with a grain of salt. I dont think it's After Hours, even Ozzy couldnt goof that up. I do think it's Palladium footage, but I am basing that more on what Zakk said. Like GuitarIdol pointed out, it all lines up if it's Palladium stuff. I just cant see how that would blow Ozzy away, so I am hoping it's really good quality Palladium stuff that we really havent seen yet.

I wonder, is anyone here able to ask Zakk? He seems fairly accessible, moreso than Ozzy at least.