What show is this from?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

AceVader
Cool Member

What show is this from?

Post by AceVader »

Title says it's from Glasgow, but that show wasnt taped, was it? I'm not an obsessive collector so if it was I certainly could have missed it. But I know I have never heard this stuff before, and it sure does sound like Randy to me. I'm sure someone here will know right away what this is. Thanks guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF4XxZLv ... re=related
David

Re: What show is this from?

Post by David »

That show is from 10-17-80, Newcastle, England
Yeah those shows are often mixed up but no worries it's always good to hear a live recording of Randy ;)
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It's the first time i've noticed that lengthy intro, that gig was in my home town Newcastle upon Tyne. Local band Raven supported them and they got the crowd going fucking mental. At one point in the gig the PA fell into the crowd as the place was jumping and people tried climbing up the PA to get onto the stage. John and Mark Gallagher trashed the monitors in true Keith Moon fashion the lot got kicked into the maddening crowd. Ozzy's crew weren't very happy as they had to go and rescue the monitors and fix the PA. The comments on the clip say It sounds like they are playing in a basement. Thats because the gig was underground in a ballroom. Sadly the venue is gone now to the bulldozers back in 1999. But it was the longest running Rock club in Europe. I seen many bands there and it was a disgrace that they knock it down. They played 2 gigs in Newcastle for the Blizzard tour. I couldn't get to this gig because of the age restrictions you had to be over 18 and i was only 15 at the time. But luckily i seen them on the earlier date at the City Hall. My brother went to the Mayfair show and he managed to get me a RR guitar pick which he got from Randy. I don't have it now as i sold it on ebay. I remember at the time the amount of people telling me the item was bullshit and Randy didn't use Fender Medium picks. But it sold to some guy in America for a good price. I just wish i hadn't sold it now :cry:
Attachments
000_0012.jpg
Livewire8195

Post by Livewire8195 »

This is really cool. I've actually never heard this before.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

That was new to me too! I loved the improvisation at the beginning!!! Great stuff!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
matt21

Post by matt21 »

I don't believe I've heard this one either. Very cool version
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Yeah,thats what I mean the "Original" band was a whole different monster!!They wrote & Recorded the album a few days before Lee joined,so now by the time they got to touring & Playing Out (to Sell-Out Shows to boot!) They were very Fresh,yet Tight.They had that "Magic Chemistry",Considering it was Ozzys Solo Debuet,& the fact that it was SOLD OUT in advance,I Think that it is Probable that theyd record/film the show for Prosperity,right???I Hope we get at least One Song on Video in this Box Set.We Know that there are Over 10 Live recordings on theese editions,Hopefully a good Board mx of YLAMLAY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rovwj8l6MA&NR=1
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Local band Raven supported them and they got the crowd going fucking mental.
I saw Raven in Seattle on their All For One tour... amazing live act! Anthrax opened for them supporting their Fistful of Metal record.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah Paul they are still a class act and good friends of me and my brother. I remember when they toured for that same tour with Metallica the 'Kill Em All for One' tour. I went to see them last year and i was very surprised they still have that raw energy Athletic Rock with swords in the air .... :wink:
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I love that solo. They should have done that song more.