RR PDV 2.jpg
Randy & Le chien.jpg
Randy QR days.jpg
Ozzy El Paso 1982.jpg
Jazznroll
Madman

Re: A few pics, not all new but what the Hell

Post by Jazznroll »

Cheers for sharin, the last one is new to me, got any more like that?
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

That last one I remeber as the back cover to a book, or the last page, or something.
Ahh...the betrayal of what was once my memory... :lol:
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

That last one in el Paso is very sad for me, that is the last boot show that we have of Randy and was about a month before he died.
In that picture Tommy is coming down the steps so I guess it was the end of the show before they took a bow which I suppose follows the point at which the tape was turned off. :(

very sad indeed.

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

whoopiecat wrote:That last one I remeber as the back cover to a book, or the last page, or something.
Ahh...the betrayal of what was once my memory... :lol:
Yeah you are right Whoopie that pic is in the opening page of the Ozzy HM photo book by Shinko music publishing. It's a great book to look out for and its full of great photos of Randy on stage and off.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Thanks GI 8) I have that book...well, sort of. Can you believe when I was a kid, I actually bought two and cut them up to add those pages to the scrapbook I have? After all these years, I think a couple of pages were lost over the years, as I started it in '82 and was finished with the bulk of it by '85.
Do you remember if Shinko did one on just Heavy Metal of the day in general?
I seem to remember one that had Ozzy, Priest, Maiden, UFO, Scorps. I remember most of these acts each had a volume of their own. I think AC/DC wound up with two.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

I Know those Books!!!& in fact did the same thing,actually my older brother started it,but cut up those books for the Scrapbook.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

whoopiecat wrote:Thanks GI 8) I have that book...well, sort of. Can you believe when I was a kid, I actually bought two and cut them up to add those pages to the scrapbook I have? After all these years, I think a couple of pages were lost over the years, as I started it in '82 and was finished with the bulk of it by '85.
Do you remember if Shinko did one on just Heavy Metal of the day in general?
I seem to remember one that had Ozzy, Priest, Maiden, UFO, Scorps. I remember most of these acts each had a volume of their own. I think AC/DC wound up with two.
Your memory has been giving a big jolt its all coming back to you now Eh! :wink: You are on the right lines. I have the collection of HM photo books they did individual books on Led Zep, Deep Purple, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Ozzy and possibly Status Quo ?. Then they had a few books with various bands, one was titled 'HM Photo book - Heavy Metal in Japan'. This had loads of bands in it Rainbow Saxon Rush Kiss Y&T MSG Priest UFO Twisted Sister Aerosmith VH Def Leppard Gillan Thin Lizzy AC/DC Motley Crue Blackfoot + more. Then a very similar one entitled Metal Age this had other bands like WASP Iron Maiden ZZ Top Accept Lita Ford Journey Nightranger Motorhead + others. Then the last one which i think is very rare is the HM/USA book this had alot of Metal bands like Manowar Amored Saint BlacknBlue Queensryche WASP Quiet Riot + more. A great collection and i never get bored looking through them it brings back loads of memories of the 80's metal scene and days of going to see the same bands back at the time Oh! Happy Days :lol: :lol:
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Wow! Thanks for the info kind Sir! :D We have a local record chain here called Newbury Comics. Obviously times have changed, but back in the 80's, they had lots of vinyl, mags & books from Europe and Japan. I've still got a baggie full of Rhoads pins (badges) that I got from there that wound up all over my denim jacket :lol:
Lastly, were these common photographers that contributed to the series, (Halfin, Zlozower, etc.), or were they from Japan?
Thank you again,
Tom
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

whoopiecat wrote: Lastly, were these common photographers that contributed to the series, (Halfin, Zlozower, etc.), or were they from Japan?
Thank you again,
Tom
The books varied slightly but the main nucleus of known Rock photographers like Halfin, Sobel, Ellis, Preston,Cox,Costello, Zlozower etc. The Japanese photographers did make up a big percentage of the photos in the compilation books.
David

Post by David »

Nice pics, at least half of them are new to me :P
By any chance, Does anyone have a colored version of this?

I been looking a colored version but no luck
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

same here i've tried looking but no goose! i'd love to see it in color,but the dark black and white gives it one mysterious feel!!
David

Post by David »

Yeah, can't believe its hard to find a color version of that pic!
I agree with that, but I think the coloring will make it awe inspiring :)
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

yeah it will and we can get a better look at that board of his too!!!!!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I'm sure that was taking on black & White film. It has only appeared in the RR Guitar World collectors edition from 2006. Then it showed up in the Guitar Legends special collectors edition 2008. I'm sure its from the Ross Halfin Palladium NY 1981 set.
Attachments
Ozzy Palladium NY 1981.jpg
(9.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet