Mass Poster

Re: So About the Deluxe editions??

Post by Tito »

your welcome my brother!!!!
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

I believe you're right, Tito. It does sound like multiples. Some folks are thinking they may have filmed both shows that the band played that day. There's also speculation the other may be After Hours finally getting an official release.
Steve Machat, who was friends with Don Arden and acted as tour manager for the BOO Band during their first Canadian tour stated in his book he helped Don sell a live videotaped show of the band to an online company called 'Musicmaker' for 100K back in 1999.
It was unclear as to the date/venue/lineup of the group.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

damn thats one hell of a payday kid!!!!!!!!!i was wondering if the osbournes took over peters film cuz she says another "film of randy".I HATE STIRRING THE POT BUT IM GOIN NUTS WONDERING WHAT THEYRE TALKING ABOUT LOL!!!!!!!I JUST CANT WAIT TO SEE AND HEAR THIS STUFF!!!!!!!!! i know im gonna be mia for the duration of the audio and films!!!!!
David

Post by David »

Ehh I found this a bit weird as I scrolled on wiki:

"Just recently announced was the 2010 Sony Music Entertainment re-releases of Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman, featuring Randy Rhoads, with the original bass and drum tracks restored! These will be 2 disc Deluxe 30th Anniversary Editions with demos, rarities and previously unreleased live material. A limited Super Deluxe Edition will be released in the U.S. and the U.K. only and features a newly designed DVD sized Digipak case with the 2 CD's, a 65 minute DVD featuring never-before-seen live concert footage & interviews with Ozzy and the band, 3 Fender guitar picks, stickers, a faux invitation to the resurrection of Alistair Crowley and an 18cm by 12cm glossy 58-page booklet. Release dates have yet to be announced."

I have no idea whether this is true or not since well wiki can be tampered with, but hey its only lead we got since we're dying for more info :P
I just find it weird that it clams to have a "Limited Super Deluxe Edition." I don't know maybe its just me
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

wow i know the bad rap wiki has but i have found them to be pretty informative and correct with MOST of the stuff ive read...either way thanks alot david!!!
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Well, if the Wiki piece is true, there is still decent room for a good amount of new audio. Compact discs can hold 80 minutes of audio. Blizzard clocks in at 39.4 minutes, (the original 9 track album) and Diary at 43.3 minutes.
It is curious as to where the Wiki info came from, as you figure someone in the community would have come across and posted that info, long before it got to Wiki.
I was hoping for two disc editions, but beggars can't be choosers.

It does say two disc....helps if I can read :oops:
Last edited by whoopiecat on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
David

Post by David »

Hey I'm just delivering the news :P

Yeah that was the first thing that bothered me. You think someone within the RR circles would of said something about this.
Either way sounds like its going to be great.
But give me a DOAM concert footage and I can die a happy man :P
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

...and thank you for the share, David. Whatever we get is more than we have, so I'm good. There was another interview posted here around the same time of a recent Q&A with Ozzy. Though he doesn't speak on the remasters at all, he mentioned that the doc was a 'weird situation'.
That would lead me to think not only was Ozzy not interviewed or involved in the film, but also it doesn't sound like they bought Peter out, as some believe.
My theory? Don and Sharon have always been good about coming up with a product when Sabbath released something, (ie: Speak of the Devil for Live Evil).
Perhaps if/when they were initially approached by Dakota, they felt they had enough to release their own Randy doc. I know it sounds weird, but look at the domino effect....they find out about the doc, begin to look into their vault, or start throwing money at footage hoarders, consider the possibility re-doing Blizz and Diary, as the anniversaries are coming up and they see this as a package they can throw a sizeable price tag on, as the buzz attatched to Randy's name in the past three years has evolved into a free way to market this beast.
Someone within the Osbourne camp could have approached Sharon and asked her if she was aware how popular Randy has remained and how starved his fans are for anything rare and/or new?
The Osbournes make their doc more appealing by adding a shit ton of bells and whistles.
So far, we've only heard from folks who had a falling out with those involved with the film. Which results in speculation in the dark.
Until someone like Kelle comes along and announces the film has been shelved indefinitely, I am going to assume and believe that it is still a go.
I will always wonder as to why After Hours has never been given a proper, official release. :?

T.
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Whoopiecat, have any Ozzy insiders confirmed that there'll be amateur live video as well? Like everyone, I can't wait for the pro footage but there'd be some interesting unseen amateur stuff that they could access, like side-of-stage maybe.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Nothing that I have heard. Where Sharon allowed use of personal home footage of Randy to be used in her tv bio, (Happy B-Day), I would think she would use more either in the doc, or one of the shows.
It was an alleged 'Ozzy Insider' who leaked the August/Guitar World info, which turned out to be pretty unspectacular.
If this truly is to happen, I'm pretty confident that the press Sharon will give this should turn a couplefew heads :wink:
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Wow,Id really hope its more than 65 mins!!Aferhours & ET (uncut) would clock in at that!??????????
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i can do without the afterhours to be honest..i had it as a boot back in 93/94..bad quality and i have seen it in much better shape on youtube plus all the other footage i wasnt able to see on my boot is readily available on youtube.thanks in part to dave who did such an awesome job with all the vids he put together for us!!!!thank you dave!!!
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Relax, man....this isn't exactly an official word. This info isn't listed under the references part of the Wiki page.
Eventually, the details are going to surface. If the date is firm, then word will have to be soon, as four months isn't a lot of time when you consider multiple sources of audio and video that need remastering, the packaging, advertising and legal logistics that have to be dealt with.
Tick tock, Sharon....

T.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

I don't know, Tito...I'd like the whole AH show, as clear as possible...minus the Ozzy pit-stain interview, of course! :lol:
It's kind of loose and impromptu and Rhoads just kicks ass! It's always been the best footage most of us ever had. I'd like to see it presented the best way possible and would rather it, instead of guitar picks, stickers and such...
T.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

definately what im talkin about...i would love to see randy in texas at the end when he rips into the a chord and starts tearin it up without it cutting to ozzy's interview!!!but whatever comes out i'll be a happy motherfucker and finally be at peace that randy is getting the notoriety he deserves!