What do you want on the 30th Annivesary??

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

DMRX
Mass Poster

What do you want on the 30th Annivesary??

Post by DMRX »

Okay,since there has been no news as for possible Track listing,bonus tracks or Video info.
So.....What do you want to hear/Think will be on there (being realistic,being we Know exsists)

By Knowing what DOES exsist heres a few I would Love to see.

1-That eary Deom of Goodbye to Romance that Bob spoke of recording as a demo for the Record company....That has to exsist & has to be VERY INTERESTING to hear!!!!

2-Obviously the Fade outs on YCKR&R,Tonight & Little Dolls....the masters exsist so they should be on the reels.

3-The 1980 UK show used for the Live E.P. aka Mr.Crowley single You said it all ,that was an early show & I assume that they played You Looking at Me,witch would be awsome to hear a Quality live take of!!

4-Mabey some Instrumentals/soloed out tracks to make a song Unplugged,like Kevin did w/Afterglow of your Love.I really want to hear the Tubular bells & Tymphani drums on their own on Revelaton.Or Ozzy just scatting Ideas for vocal melodies like on the Sabbath Deluxe editions from last year.(Each album had a 2nd Disc of awsome outtakes/alt.takes ect..ect...
I really hope there is a 2nd disc for each album & a show from each Tour or both Lineups

I Cant wait So in the meantime I figured we could discuss what we think may turn up on theese Gifts from the Heavans that are coming our way.

Your Thoughts...wishes?????
wareagle
Mass Poster

Re: What do you want on the 30th Annivesary??

Post by wareagle »

i want to see a full concert video that focuses on randy. thats about it. everything takes back seat to that.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

wareagle wrote:i want to see a full concert video that focuses on randy. thats about it. everything takes back seat to that.
I can't imagine the focus would be on Randy, but I understand what you mean.

Personally I'd like to hear outtakes similar to Dee on Tribute... mistakes and all. And maybe some of those original takes of the Crowley solo that Ozzy hated.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Personally I'd like to hear outtakes similar to Dee on Tribute... mistakes and all. And maybe some of those original takes of the Crowley solo that Ozzy hated.
It's funny you should mention that Ozzy hated one of Randy's solos, but they were OK with leaving his scratch track on there for ... what was it, Little Dolls? I know they were in a hurry, but if he felt strongly about one whole solo, why wouldn't he feel strongly about a scratch track being left? :lol:
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Fades, noodling & chatter. Super 8 of Shepperton sessions. UK BOO video. Most are mental over Randy on the castle stage. Though it'd be cool, it'd also rank second under any video footage of the band that wrote the material, performing it as well. Nothing against Rudy & Tommy, but the original Blizzard Band was a fierce animal.
The Osbournes greatest folly ever would be dissolving the nucleus of Daisley, Kerslake and Rhoads.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Right,Bob played w/a Pick & Rudy didnt,My bands bassist just quit and we had studio time booked & me having to play the Bass parts was Way different than I expected,since I play bass too.
But Id really love to see a Video of Both Lineups
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Aside from playing with a pick versus fingerstyle, Bob is an artist, while Rudy is a performer...someone who needs to be given art to perform.
The original lineup was a group of friends that made two excellent albums together. The second lineup we've already seen through After Hours, ET footage and even the Diary/Speak MTV vid w/ Brad.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

obviously the top of list would be new footage that acutally focuses a little more on randy.

id like to maybe hear or see new songs that didnt make an album cut. (if thats possible since there were only 8-9 songs on each album, i always wondered y it was a low amount for an album)

a 1 on 1 interview were randy talks about his guitars, and maybe some of his gear and setup.
Honey

Post by Honey »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
wareagle wrote:i want to see a full concert video that focuses on randy. thats about it. everything takes back seat to that.
I can't imagine the focus would be on Randy, but I understand what you mean.

I have Dee out-takes downloaded from LimeWire. You can hear Randy talking, goof-ups on frets, etc..
If You Want To Make God Laugh, Tell Him Your Plans

Honey
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Those Out-takes of Dee are from the Tribute album circa 1987
I was in the studio last night w/a Very close frien/Well established Producer who was actually born on 3-18-1982,& boy did he trash the rerecordings about How not only is Trulijo is Sloppy but OUT OF TUNE!!! When they were recording their tuner wasnt calibrated right,so even though its a bit Flat it is not Exactly E flat
Honey

Post by Honey »

I haven't listened to the Tribute Album in so long (TY Technology) I outta get back to my roots, I reckon.
If You Want To Make God Laugh, Tell Him Your Plans

Honey
David

Post by David »

There's a lot I look forward to
But if anything I would like to hear a demo/alt. take for all the songs in the Blizzard of Ozz album. And possibly DOAM. I think it would be nice to hear an eariler version of those songs. Similar to the Suicide Solution rehearsal audio that has been floating around.
The most I want is a DOAM concert footage with all cameras on Randy during the solos :)
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Yeah,I agree,as a kid seeing the pics of that MONSTEROUS stage was Lifechanging,I mean That was & still is IMHO one of if not THE Boolest stage set for a Rock Group.
Kiss was awsome & as a kid I was Obsessed w/it to the point of what tour it was just by the staging! I am 30 now & my 1st concet I ever saw was the Kiss Hot in the Shade tour when I was 10 & they had this 80 foot wide stage w/a 40foot tall sphynx that they came out of the mouth of & on the Revenge tour they had a Huge Statue of Liberty statue that 1/2 way through the show the face crumbled off leaving a Chrome skull that just lookked AWSOME!!!
I saw Manson a few times in the 90s (even once at the Cleveland Music hall where Tribute was recorded!! which alot of Rock bands dont play that venue much since the mid 80s)
And I hadnt seen it but Pink Floyd had a cool thing w/the Wall tour where the wall was built throughout the show untill the band was gone & all you could see was a 50foot wall by the end.Metallicas Justice stage w/the Justice statue,Shit even Ozzys Bark Stage was Awsome.
But Bottom line....Diary was the Coolest looking stage by Far & I'd love to see a Video of that.
but the Palladium,Capitol theater or even the Music Hall would be Great Too because the sound is better & more intimate in smaller venues,either way I will be Happy to see ANY & I Mean ANY Pro-Shot Randy footage w/Ozzy,Ive dreamt of it since I was 6!!!
Even if its one cam,that Soundcheck footage it FUCKIN UNBELIEVABLE Quality!!!
I just hope they let it Roll w/o all the editing to get around Ozzys lacking Vox.
Like in Dont blame me where they just edited an Afterhours Montage of just Randys Solos
but hey,thats something we dont have so I'll be HAPPY with ANYTHING
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

In order of things I want most:

1- New footage. Anything will do, although a Diary show would be tops. But again anything will do, even the complete "Two On The Town" or "Rock Report" videos.

2- Extended outros to "Tonight" & "You Can't Kill Rock & Roll". I read an interview w/ producer Max Norman and he stated that the band played on for several minutes after the fade during "Tonight", and that's one of his most emotional solos ever. Would love to hear more....

3- Any of the material that Bob refers to as "The Holy Grail". Let's see/hear it.

4- I know this will definitely happen but I must say I am VERY looking forward to remastered versions of the two albums with Bob & Lee.

5- Probably just a dream, but it would be beyond amazing if the Peter Margolis(sp?) documentary came out in conjunction with this.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

right I have a feeling something like that is amiss,he would get a cut of the Footage & a hand/credit or Osbournes coopeation to do the doc