Slick Black Caddilac Footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Slick Black Caddilac Footage

Post by TheMrAxeman »

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you could tell me where i could find a copy of this video I saw in the DefinitiveRandy Rhoads Videography at TK
“Slick Black Cadillac” played for Sacramento TV station-

(Band plays in room full of mirrors at Visions rehersal hall in Burbank)]

I know there are clips of it in the picking up the pieces video
Last edited by TheMrAxeman on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

Im looking for it also Please help!
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

They show that in the VH1 Before they were RockStars Quiet Riot.I believe they only showed clips of "Slick BlacK" during the News segment.If there is footage of the whole song that would be Awsome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOrQsrJBCAw

Okay here it is,sorry its out of sync I'll try & fix it.

I thought that it was on the Video Archive page but I couldnt find it there or on Youtube,so I am working on Uploading it I'll post a link when I do.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Okay,Heres Just the Clip of Slick Black..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gXK-WJICUw
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

I know for a fact that more of it was recorded and someone has it because if you look in the picking up the pieces video there is more of it. And also i was wondering who has all of Kevin DuBrow's videos because if they release and have all the full videos from the little clips we get of them in picking up the pieces that would be awesome.
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Sadly, this may be part of the footage that VH1 allegedly 'lost' that Kevin had loaned to them, for whatever reason.
He was pretty pissed off about it, whi good reason, of course!
I'm uncertain if it was ever found and returned to him before he passed.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
ptate
Cool Member

Post by ptate »

Just out of interest, does anyone know whether the shitty, clear flexi single that appeared on the front of Kerrang in 83(?), with Quiet Riot's Slick Black Cadillac (live) on it (plus a crappy intro. type thing stating Carlos Cavazo was guitarist), was audio of the line-up that included Randy or Carlos?

I'm guessing it was Carlos playing, due to the date and him being included in the line-up.

http://991.com/newGallery/Quiet-Riot-Sl ... 331274.jpg

Just interested to know for certain as I still have it somewhere...... :shock:
ammalato

Post by ammalato »

I feel like I read a post from K Garni once saying that whatever videos Kevin had of QR, Kelly had copies too...now whether or not this ALSO applies to the Rudy Sarzo era...remains to be seen....
Life's a stage and we're all in the cast.
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

ammalato wrote:I feel like I read a post from K Garni once saying that whatever videos Kevin had of QR, Kelly had copies too...now whether or not this ALSO applies to the Rudy Sarzo era...remains to be seen....
I seem to recall the same thing, that they each had copies so that if something happened to one of them there would still be preserved video.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

If Kelly has that rehersal footage, please Kelly share with us at UR..
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Okay guys,heres my 2 cents.As far as I know,the Footage Kevin had was what has been available for 25+years,Their 1st few shows,the lunchbreak,Chili cook off ect.ect..ect..
Only his were the MASTERs or 1st Generation copies.As you can see on my Videos Ive made combining clips of that footage,I got most of it when I was like 15 through the mail before he Internet or at least before AOL.And mine look like 10th gen. copies.Those & a few Pro-shot live gigs which have been available & most have surfaced on YouTube.
Now the story is Kevin loaned them to VH! for use in the QR Behind the Music & was supposed to get them returned but when it came down to it & there was no word back,he contacted VH! & was informed that they were "Missing/Lost" Now all I know of was the stuff I had mentioned & I think that Kelly G had copies of those,but I am not sure of the quality,meaning They were a direct copy from wherever transfered them for Kevin,or just a Copy Kevin made of his copy for Kelly,I guess thats a Good Question for Mr.Garni.
Although that Slick Black footage that was from L.A. news didnt show up till then on VH1 Before they were Rockstars ,o who know what else he may have had.
I am just curios how those "Private Home Movies" surfaced on the Bootleg market back in the Early 80s when Randy & QR were in Huge Demand??