From Ozzys mouth

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

DMRX
Mass Poster

From Ozzys mouth

Post by DMRX »

Ozzy snaps into conversation overdrive when asked about Rhoads, speaking with passion and obvious pain from the 1982 accident (which also injured Ozzy, who was sleeping in the tour bus at the time — the private plane clipped the bus before crashing into a house).

“I think about him a lot,” he said. “The day before yesterday, some guy gave me some amazing footage of us playing at our first show in New York City, at the Palladium. I have no idea where this footage came from, and it was amazing seeing Randy like that. We still talk to his family and that was a great period of my life. I wish he was here today, and he was so perfect for me at that point in my life. He was the first guy to sit down and work things out with me, to suggest things like, ‘Maybe change this song to this key so you can sing it in your range.’ That never happened in Black Sabbath. A great man.”
http://www.hbindependent.com/articles/2 ... 282010.txt
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

hmmm
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

Uh-oh :roll:
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

anyone feeling ill?? :?
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

no, KG said the video is of very good quality from what he is hearing. I doubt this is it. If it is who knows, it could be a different source at the palladium.
Solos

Post by Solos »

I hate to be negative about this, but like I've posted before, the footage the Osbournes are hyping is nothing new to the Rhoads community... The Chicago stuff, the Palladium footage, After Hours, etc...

Don't get your hopes up for a full pro shot concert... It doesn't exsit so it ain't gonna happen. All these rumors that have surfaced over the years have all proven to be BS. If a full proshot concert existed, you would've seen it by now.
Solos

Post by Solos »

Shockwave wrote:no, KG said the video is of very good quality from what he is hearing. I doubt this is it. If it is who knows, it could be a different source at the palladium.
Obviously Kelly is in tight with the Rhoads family, but they wouldn't have any footage... it would come from a separate entity, and that entity would deal with the Osbournes first. Kelly may be better informed than most of us, but he's getting the same thing we are... Rumors from a third party.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Solos wrote:
Shockwave wrote:no, KG said the video is of very good quality from what he is hearing. I doubt this is it. If it is who knows, it could be a different source at the palladium.
Obviously Kelly is in tight with the Rhoads family, but they wouldn't have any footage... it would come from a separate entity, and that entity would deal with the Osbournes first. Kelly may be better informed than most of us, but he's getting the same thing we are... Rumors from a third party.
you seem to have issues, be on your way now
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Well, we have heard from Dave Tangye that a concert was pro-shot, so hopefully it reaches us.
Didn't someone post here last year that a Palladium show was filmed from the front row with a hand-held by a Sabbath fanatic?
Solos

Post by Solos »

Shockwave wrote:
Solos wrote:
Why do I have issues? Because I'm stating my opinion? I didn't know that non confrontational, non offensive, and well thought out opinions were frowned on here.

I guess I should just live in the same fantasy land you are... As they say, ignorance is bliss...
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Solos wrote:
Shockwave wrote:
Solos wrote: Obviously Kelly is in tight with the Rhoads family, but they wouldn't have any footage... it would come from a separate entity, and that entity would deal with the Osbournes first. Kelly may be better informed than most of us, but he's getting the same thing we are... Rumors from a third party.
Why do I have issues? Because I'm stating my opinion? I didn't know that non confrontational, non offensive, and well thought out opinions were frowned on here.

I guess I should just live in the same fantasy land you are... As they say, ignorance is bliss...
Im sorry, you are obviously in tight with the Rhoads family, Ozzy & sharon, Ozzy & Sharons kids, Kelly Garni and all former members of Quiot Riot, also the fact that you are obviously involved with the documentary and Peter Margolis leads me to an apology. I am sorry we are getting no new nothing out of the doc as far as footage goes. I am glad you have brought this to my attention, i can carry on with my days and now occupy myself with other things. I'm just glad someone associated with the project has finally spoken out and given us an answer..

Thanks man!
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

If this turns out to be the grainy Palladium footage we already have, I'm pulling a 4 day whiskey bender.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i think i'll stop drinking if it like you say noquattro lol!!!!!
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.