Pete Margolis Documentary

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mpavlic

Pete Margolis Documentary

Post by mpavlic »

This is my first time posting here, but I've been reading this and the .tk site for years. I actually used to trade bootlegs on CASETTE ( LOL) with Darin and Perry YEARS ago. I'm sure they don't remember but anyway.

My question is this. I read this blog about 3 times a week, but I missed something about the Peter doc. I've picked up some hints that it might not come out, etc. Does anyone know IF it is still coming up, what the issue(s) are as far as why it might not come out (if the rumor is true). I'm sorry if this has been asked but I ffigured I'd ask everything in one big question. Thanks!
The Flying Dutchman

Re: Pete Margolis Documentary

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

mpavlic wrote:Does anyone know IF it is still coming up, what the issue(s) are as far as why it might not come out (if the rumor is true).
My feeling is that it won't be released..... (I hope I'm wrong)
But only those who are involved can tell.

Welcome aboard! :wink:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

The past two years, Peter gave the Metal Den a fairly large update concerning the doc, around the middle of March.
I guess we'll have to wait and see if a third update comes to pass.
I suppose if Peter wants to make the state of the film the fans' business, then he will. He has largely been silent since the events that transpired over the summer.
We have heard through Kelly's site that the family is unhappy, the Osbourne's aren't involved and we know Kelly Garni is on the outs with Dakota.
There is a doc page on Facebook, and Peter did comment a short while ago that the film will come out in 2010, but no date. Don't know if Sundance is still in the plans. It also seems clear from further comment that Bob Daisley will not be participating. Someone asked about the O's involvement, his reply was 'You'll have to ask them."
Nikki and Mick from Motley declined, as did Jake, Slash & EVH, who turned them down three times.
Sort of puzzling, as you would have thought all of Randy's peers would have wanted to speak about the man...unless they've all been tapped for the Ozzy doc.
Not that Jake would want to do them any favors :twisted:
At this point, we have to wait to find out how long the wait will be! :lol:
Clear as mud? :wink:
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Thanks for the update Whoopiecat. There was a posting a while back that the Osbournes had bought out Peter Margolis and now have control over doco, along with a photo of Ozzy and PM together. Is that just rumor, or do you think there's something to it?
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

I heard that too, Gus. I've seen the photo as well. I don't know how to feel about the Osbournes having control over the doc. :?
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

You'd be wrong Matt! I certainly remember you 8)
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

If Osbournes do have control then I'm mixed feelings.

Cool thing is that they have the power to bring the doco to us as soon as they like.
But, they also have the clout to edit some of the 'warts & all' interviews down to brief bits, or not even include them. We've heard PM did some great ones, so I hope not too much ends up on the cutting room floor.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Who To Ask

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Peter had posted in January that 35 minutes of the documentary was completed. If it is not to be released this year he doesn't give that indication. If the Osbournes do get control over the project then it will become more of an Ozzy spectacle than a documentary meant for Randy. That would really be unfortunate for Randy fans...
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
mpavlic

Post by mpavlic »

Hey Darin, good to hear from ya. It's been a long time man! I've been around for years but never posted. I think I sort of grew jaded waiting for so long like the rest of us for something new to come out. I spent years transfering all my cassette bootlegs on to CD's and now all of the boots are on this site lol! Don't get me wrong, I think it's great, but it kind of makes me chuckle. When I was starting out I had to buy bootlegs from Mitch VanBeekum (if anyone remembers him, before he swore of Ozzy) just to get something I could trade for OTHER Randy bootlegs. Spending (like I'm sure lots of people did) $50 on ebay for a 100th generation After Hours copy on ebay on gasp...VHS! I'm glad you guys are keeping it alive..you and Perry (I remember he gave me a zakk video of him in a hotel in australia that I had to pay $30 to transfer formats) who's now building guitars for people. By the way Perry, sick stuff man. Randy fans have always been the best. I remember one fan (can't remember the name :( who agreed to let me send him 20-30 blank cassette tapes, and he copied EVERY bootleg he had for free, all I had to do was pay for shipping.

Enough reminiscing. I'm glad that everyone is keeping Randy's name alive. I'll be sure to start posting more.

Hey Whoopie cat, you said "He has largely been silent since the events that transpired over the summer" I guess that's what im trying to find out...what WERE the "events' that transpired? Thanks all!
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

The trailer leak, the video Kelly & Romeo made shortly thereafter detailing the supposed day long film shoot of Randy's bedroom window at Dee's house & the possibility of filming the horse stable that is near Flying Baron Estates. A nasty parting of ways between Kelly & the folks at Dakota.
Some extreme things posted about family members and folks involved with the doc, I didn't see all, but what I did see was harsh.
It got a bit tense, to say the least. :(
I think that rounds it all up.
I do remember Peter saying he was legally bound to finish the movie. Not entirely certain what happens after the fact...whose property it becomes... :?
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Peter margolis luvs teh cock
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I think that all said and done the docu is still going ahead. A friend of mine was approached a few weeks ago in regard to his photographs being used for a RR film. I mentioned who was making this film and if Dakota had anything to do with this film. His answer was YES thats the name of the company. So if the docu was going under and being mothballed why would they still be looking for material to use ?.
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I think that all said and done the docu is still going ahead. A friend of mine was approached a few weeks ago in regard to his photographs being used for a RR film. I mentioned who was making this film and if Dakota had anything to do with this film. His answer was YES thats the name of the company. So if the docu was going under and being mothballed why would they still be looking for material to use ?.

I hope very much so that it is going forward.. Who knows if the Osbournes are involved.. There is just so much damn secrecy when it comes to anything Randy Rhoads.. It still boggles my mind.. We have no idea when or if this documentary is coming out.. We have no idea when the footage Ozzy saw is coming out or where the show is from, or how long it is.. I can look on the internet and find out that Transformers 3 comes out July 1st 2011, were allowed to know that, but when it comes to RR its all a huge veil of secrecy?? Just doesnt make sense to me..

Matt
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Remedylane wrote:There is just so much damn secrecy when it comes to anything Randy Rhoads.. It still boggles my mind..
+1....
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

I've heard some mention here and there about Peter's sexual preference.
Not lookin' for a fight, but what does that really have to do with anything?
I could give a fuck if he wore a dress like Ed Wood while making the film, just as long as he gets it done, and does a damn good job.
I have friends who are gay, therefore I don't look at the world with judgemental vision. I don't give a shit what you're deal is, as long as you are a good person, that's what matters.
In reality there is only one shot to make a film about Randy Rhoads, I am hoping Peter is making good use of that one chance he has been given.
I'd like to think he is....