Masters of Heavy Metal 1984 Randy Rhoads 20 page article

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Masters of Heavy Metal 1984 Randy Rhoads 20 page article

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

This is a great article from Jas Obrecht's book Masters of Heavy Metal from 1984 these articles came from the pages of Guitar Player magazines. Enjoy :wink:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

To be continued....
FiddlePickr

Post by FiddlePickr »

I still have this book. It's a bit worn and some of the pages are threatening to fall out due to constantly being turned to. I actually used to take the book to my friend who cut my hair and show him that bottom photo with the black Jackson so he could see how Randy's hair was cut and cut mine the same. Having dark wavy hair never gave the same effect as straight blond hair, but it still looked cool. (It actually looked kind of EVH) Thanks for posting!
mxr82

Post by mxr82 »

Speaking of Evh, I saw a photograph the other day that my friends dad had taken at a ozzy concert in 81' I think, well it was a picture of Eddie and Randy together, they looked like they were best buds!
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

mxr82 wrote:Speaking of Evh, I saw a photograph the other day that my friends dad had taken at a ozzy concert in 81' I think, well it was a picture of Eddie and Randy together, they looked like they were best buds!
Get ahold of that thing and post it up! I don't think I've ever seen a picture of those two together.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Cheers Shaun for this That certainly clears something up for me too; that Randy took Classical guitar lessons in his teens and as we all know came back to it as a serious pursuit later.

Fascinating, cheers again Shaun

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
The One
Cool Member

Post by The One »

mxr82 wrote:Speaking of Evh, I saw a photograph the other day that my friends dad had taken at a ozzy concert in 81' I think, well it was a picture of Eddie and Randy together, they looked like they were best buds!
I never knew a picture of the two of them together existed. I always found the likeliness of that happening about as likely as a photo of Randy posing with Sasquatch.

Dude, if you could get a hold of that pic, that would be a huge revelation... :D
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/4Stacks.jpg[/img]
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

How would that be so unlikely ? Quiet Riot played on the same bill and circuit as VH
mxr82

Post by mxr82 »

It was groundbreaking!!!!!!!!!!! But I just wanna say we always place this huge rival between eddie and randy and we think they were arch enemies. I've always thought that ed and randy were friends even though they never said they were. They both taught each other new tricks and played together in the same clubs and shared the same blood, sweat and tears. I think this photo only enforces what some of us thought. I will try to post it as soon as I can get my hands on it!

The greatest shredders in the world Ed and Randy!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

C'mon, a pic of Ed and Rand hangin' like two chatty cathy's talkin' 'bout the git??? Get out!! NO WAY!

BTW, I am listening to a cd of a low gen "After Hours" and I live in (dramatic pause) Rochester, NY! AND How about Mr. Kelli Garni on here! Thank you Kelli, Rhoads' Family and even those with Osbourne for a last name.

Bless Randy Rhoads...
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

My aunt used to cut my hair and about 27 years ago, I showed her the After hours (unaired - missing Marty Doodahs (Interviewer) Intro) but she wasn't sure how to cut it. I called it a reverse feather. If you look in some photos it's like it is a feathered from the back of his beautiful head. A true original.
cowboys1

Re: Masters of Heavy Metal 1984 Randy Rhoads 20 page articl

Post by cowboys1 »

This is exactly the pictures I have from the book......THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR POSTING AND REPLYING...
JasO

Post by JasO »

When I wrote Masters of Heavy Metal, only portions of my conversations were used for the Randy Rhoads chapter. In case you've missed them, I've recently posted my complete interviews with Delores and Kelle Rhoads, Ozzy, Rudy Sarzo, and Max Norman. You can find them in my Jas Obrecht Music Archive website:

http://www.jasobrecht.com
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

Thanks for sharing this, cheers.
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

Funny thing is, I found a copy of this book in a store today. Ten bucks.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC