Were many photos taken of the Knoxville show (3/18/82)?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Gus
Cool Member

Were many photos taken of the Knoxville show (3/18/82)?

Post by Gus »

I've only been able to find one that I'm sure is from that gig cos it shows Randy with the swelling from his dental work, but I'm wondering does anyone know if a much larger set was taken?
Livewire8195

Post by Livewire8195 »

I've only been able to find one that I'm sure is from that gig cos it shows Randy with the swelling from his dental work
I'm interested in seeing this picture...
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Maybe ask Tom (T.A.). Over @ rr.tk, we had a thread for a while with 20 or so photos from Knoxville, but the links are all dead now.
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

The one photo I've seen can be found under the heading 'Knoxville photo-Before/After' at the tk site.
Thanks Cableguy. I'll ask TA about it.
matt21

Post by matt21 »

from what I know there were (atleast) two known sets of photos from the show which are in the rr.tk photo gallery as well
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Ya there is quite a pics of the show, they are all very somber looking, almost like it was expected something bad would happen within 12hrs or so
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

mm yeah, I see there were a bunch posted at tk at one stage, but all the links are now inactive.

It's a bittersweet thing, to see more photos of Randy is always 8) , but so close to the end :(
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

rumored last known photo knoxville....can anyone verify this?
Attachments
130_view.jpg
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Does anyone know what the true color of his shirt was? Was it yellow or white?

whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Gotta hand it to the guy...he was supposedly in a lot of pain from the wisdom teeth ordeal, but he still found the time to pose for pics with fans, and doing so with a smile on his face.
8) 8) 8)
T.

I'd have to go with yellow on the shirt, SR.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

WOW now THATS a great pic.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Silver Rhoads wrote:Does anyone know what the true color of his shirt was? Was it yellow or white?

I would say it was white, a weird story came out of Ozzy's recent book. Ozzy said he was at the crash site after the fire had been put out etc. He was looking amongst the wreckage and he found part of that very shirt with the Gibson logo on. How spooky is this..
"Then later that day, i went back to the crash site with Randy's brother- in-law. The bus was still there, twisted into the shape of a boomerang, next to the ruins of the garage. And there in the corner, untouched in all the ash and rubble, was a perfect little cut-out section of the Gibson t-shirt that Randy had been wearing when he died. Just the logo, nothing else. I couldn't believe it - it was so spooky"...

But as rumour goes that is the last known photo taking of Randy prior to the crash. But i know Don Airey has a photo of Rachel and Randy before they got on the plane.
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

A fun little tidbit is that this looks to be a favorite shirt of Randy since he appears to be wearing it in the soundcheck footage also.

Guys, we wear our favorite stuff over, and over, and over, and.....

:)
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

I've always liked that photo. Didn't know that it was taken the night before.

Interesting what you say Shockwave-there's been rumors about that Knoxville gig that some odd stuff happened that night: something malfunctioned during 'Mr Crowley' and there was a weird buzzing sound for about half the song. Also, that Randy took his vest off towards the end of the the gig cos he wasn't feeling too good.

Guitar Idol, there was some talk a while back that Don Airey's interview for the doco is really riveting stuff. It must have been so hard for him to talk about that day, so, respect to Mr. Airey.

I probably should set this up as a separate thread, but do any of you guys/girls get visits from Randy in your dreams?
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Man, anything to make a buck, huh Oz? We've seen pics of the bus...it wasn't that fucked up....and I really don't see the police or the investigators from the FAA letting Ozzy bumble around the scene looking for pieces of his friends while gakked out of his mind.
It would've been more believable if he went back to the site to look for the bag of coke Tommy threw into the woods.
If it is indeed true, it's pretty fuckin' spooky, but it sounds like Ozzy, Sharon and the ghost writer threw in some fiction to ramp up the drama...much like when douchebag felt the need to let everyone know she was fucking Randy in her book.
I truly believe the two of them are mentally deranged people who will do what they have to in order to make a buck. :roll:

Thanks for sharing that, GI...I don't mean to take a crap on what you posted. I used to love Ozzy...it's just sad what he has become.

"I didn't think there was still much interest in Randy, but let me weave you a tale of how I found a piece of his favorite Tshirt that was burned/ torn from his body."
WTF....
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!