Claims of Footage

Post by TheMrAxeman »

I was wondering if anyone has proved or disproved these to exist
Possible Existing Randy Footage

"Day on the Green' July 4th 1981- pic of dude with camera and multiple claims
dude saw clips of this concert on MTV during a blizzard comercial
Bill Grahm productions (only promoter)
Daniel Larsen (photographer) claims it was multi camera shoot
possibly in Bill Grahams Archives (he promoted and filmed all the day on the greens)

Manchester Show-claim has been made that the Manchester show was filmed by a member of the band crue.
Manchester might be a mislable of 1980 Leeds show

The Flying Dutchman heard that the Glasgow (Apollo theatre) show was filmed

Lintball's Claims
says footage property of his uncle Mr. Markus
says Osbournes know about these films
he gave us Texas Soundcheck*FACT*
says that he has
1981 May 18th - Indianapolis
1981 May 24th - Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL ( he didn't say he had footage of this one, but he said there were camera's there while he attended)
1981 July 31th - Montreal
1981 Aug 1th - Port Vale, Heavy Metal Holocaust, UK
1982 Feb 18th - Beaumont, Texas (including soundcheck we've seen)

Trigger's Claim
"A very reliable close friend of many years was shown Mr Crowley a while ago."
not pro-shot
much focus on Lee's drums, but with Randy and Ozzy in the shot
This means that we can be certain that 2 audience recorded shows from 1981and one another March '82 show are held by one group of individuals.

According Bob Daisley $haron changed some things in Randy's contract only a few days after the crash. Mrs. Rhoads had to sue the Osbournes for years to get some money. I think all this made Mrs. Rhoads paranoid forever and not wanting to let the Osbournes make any more bucks out of Randy.

2 on the Town-unknown(might be in documentary)

Rock Report-unknown(might be in documentary)

Entertainment Tonight-to be released with the documentary

evoleye's claim
watched a full diary concert at his friend's house in 82

Gabriel Raphael's claim
says saw video of Randy playing I don't Know at Palladium by a Black Sabath fan in the photographer's pit
shown to her at Maggio's music(a store in NY)
http://www.maggiomusiccenter.com/

Dave Tangye(Randy's guitar tech)
when asked about footage
I don't believe there was much stuff recorded to film very early on, especially on the first UK Tour. I have a few photos from Ridge Farm during the recording of Dairy of a Milkman!!, oop's sorry, Diary of a Madman i meant...
Money was tight at this time, so the expense of filming would not come into the equation.
I know that there was a film recording on the first US Tour, New Jersey or ST Louis show, I am not sure.
Not even sure if it ever was released.
when asked if he was talking about After Hours
"The link to the video clip 'After Hours' was not from the live recording that was made in USA. The video that I remember must still be out there somewhere??? "
when asked again about the footage
As for the film footage I cannot help you any further there, I just know it was shot professionally.
Flying Dutchman thinks it might be May 22nd - Checkerdome, St. Louis, MO ~ Blizzard of Ozz Tour

Arizona brothers
Pheonix
claimed to have two shows (fully/partly) filmed

Romeo Rose
says theres Blizzard concert footage coming out w/ documentary

Possible pro-shot at 4/24/81 show at Passaic, NJ
that venue had an in-house camera setup.

Gus-The Madison Square Garden show in April, 1982 (w/Bernie), or at least some of it, was filmed as a one-camera proshot.
Last edited by TheMrAxeman on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I wish we had better proof but I think we could have the chance of the floodgates opening on htese if and when Ozzy puts his newly found video in the public arena.
More interest in Randy will bring this stuff to the surface, I am in no doubt of that.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

When Ozzy releases this footage it will be interesting to see just which of these rumored dates was true.
To answer Axeman's question, no, I haven't actually seen any of these apart from the MSG '82 that I spoke of. However, I had heard the Aragon ballroom, Chicago rumor before reading it on this board. But no, can't verify it.
Actually the very first rumor that I heard (this was about '87) was that Long Island, New York: 8/14/81, was a multi-camera proshot. This sounded possible because Black Sabbath with Ronnie had filmed there the year before. Also, the fact that quite a few shows over the years have been filmed in either New York or New Jersey makes me wonder if this one is still a chance, or maybe the following night at Asbury Park, NJ. Back then I contacted a hardcore collector in the US to check the NY one out, and he said that he'd heard the rumor, but he hadn't been able to find anyone who'd actually seen it.
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

Hey Trigger have you gotten anywhere with the footage your friend has

by the way I'm not saying that I don't believe any of these most of them I actually think are true

Axeman
6stringer

Post by 6stringer »

Tell you what guys, another possibility I've often wondered about has been:

Capitol Theatre Passaic NJ 04/24/81

They had in-house video facilities, and it's rumored that they filmed every concert to play there. Some of you may have even seen this Rush bootleg, shot there in 1976: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEW2-k0EoyE

The building was closed down in 1986, and destroyed by a fire shortly after. It's rumored that the video library survived, and is owned/controlled by John Scher/Metropolitan Entertainment. Not all artists signed releases enabling any future release of these -- HOWEVER, it's said that there have been discussions about commercially releasing some of them.

Can't guarantee that Ozzy & company were filmed on that April night in 1981, but I'd say it's a solid bet. Not sure if anyone's ever pursued this, I know I haven't, but for the right person, it may be worth looking into.

Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

I also thought that Passaic was probably one of the best bets. But over at TK, I think Ironface contacted Peter Margolis, and PM contacted John Scher, and that tape doesn't exist, or at least it wasn't in the vault.... :shock:
6stringer

Post by 6stringer »

Gus wrote:I also thought that Passaic was probably one of the best bets. But over at TK, I think Ironface contacted Peter Margolis, and PM contacted John Scher, and that tape doesn't exist, or at least it wasn't in the vault.... :shock:
Thanks for the info Gus. So much for that idea, huh? :(
The One
Cool Member

Re: Claims of Footage

Post by The One »

TheMrAxeman wrote:
According Bob Daisley $haron changed some things in Randy's contract only a few days after the crash. Mrs. Rhoads had to sue the Osbournes for years to get some money. I think all this made Mrs. Rhoads paranoid forever and not wanting to let the Osbournes make any more bucks out of Randy.
$haron O$bourne is guaranteed a place in Hells' Hall of Shame...:twisted:

I truly loathe that woman!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/4Stacks.jpg[/img]
6stringer

Post by 6stringer »

The One wrote:
$haron O$bourne is guaranteed a place in Hells' Hall of Shame...:twisted:

+1
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Lintball's Claims
says footage property of his uncle Mr. Markus
says Osbournes know about these films
he gave us Texas Soundcheck*FACT*
says that he has
1981 May 18th - Indianapolis
1981 May 24th - Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL ( he didn't say he had footage of this one, but he said there were camera's there while he attended)
1981 July 31th - Montreal
1981 Aug 1th - Port Vale, Heavy Metal Holocaust, UK
1982 Feb 18th - Beaumont, Texas (including soundcheck we've seen)
I wonder now???If the Montreal show was taped,Ozzy could have rerecorded his Vocals
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

On the Passiac show thing with Ironface and Peter Ironface was trying to prove it and Peter said that he contacted them and that on the list of concerts there it said that Ozzy asked not to be recorded, but that's not proof that it doesn't exist. later in the topic someone said that they met someone who worked there and asked them about it and they said that even if ozzy didn't want to be recorded they would record it and ask if ozzy wanted the tape afterwards
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

Has anyone had contact with Lintball lately he stated this and disapeared according to what i have read here
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

and the shame about sharon is she puts it all on ozzy. when she redid the tracks and everything, who got the press on him? ozzy? who always did? ozzy who was drunk/high/didnt know anything about it? ozzy.
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

The One wrote: $haron O$bourne is guaranteed a place in Hells' Hall of Shame...:twisted:

+1
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Several of the dates on this thread are good possibilities: in the late 70s and early 80s, most bands made a point of filming themselves at least once when in a foreign country. eg. AC/DC in England and America; Van Halen in Brazil.
Montreal is a good chance.

Bands also tended to film concerts that were going to be part of a live album. I say 'film', not necessarily 'release'. Ozzy said when Randy was still alive that they were recording audio of several shows for a planned live album. So, I do think at least one show on 'Blizzard' was filmed. AC/DC filmed their gig at the Glasgow Apollo for 'If You Want Blood' but the footage wasn't released until several years after that live album. VH filmed a couple of concerts from their '83 South America tour, which was meant to form a live album. The album wasn't released but eventually that footage surfaced.

Some DOTGs were filmed before 1981, so why not '81?. Several English festivals were filmed before 1981, so why not Port Vale?

The odds also go up when you talk about major entertainment areas. eg. LA or New York, or a nearby area like New Jersey. Also, doing well in LA or NY is a big deal to most musos so they want some kind of visual record of it. Now that may be just photos, or more! Sometimes the last concert of a tour, or of a leg of a tour, was filmed. eg. Montreal was the last date of the 1st leg of the 'Blizzard' tour.

In-house camera venues, or nearby, are good: eg. Ozzy didn't play the Houston Summit, but Beaumont is only about an hour's drive from Houston.

Now, what I say here is no guarantee of anything :lol: but going on the 'law of averages' those averages look OK.
Last edited by Gus on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.