Claims of Footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

hansolo
Mass Poster

Re: Claims of Footage

Post by hansolo »

The QR footage is awesome but Randy wasn't as happy with QR and told his ma this. Okay, don't make money off your musically (who played guitar like a m'fer) gifted son, because he didn't consider that era or that he would die (so soon). Randy is still relevant musically today because most of us have never achieved his abilities as his understanding or playing. Doesn't that warrant anything that this human achieved star status FOR A REASON? I love Randy. I would buy (I'm guilty as a bootleg buyer and history buff) anything I don't have with Randy. I'll buy legally the after hours, NYC, ET or anything else with Randy because of his musical legacy. Give me a one camera shot aimed at the drummer or bass player B&W or whatever and I'll be in heaven... Put-it-out...
quadrastudios

Post by quadrastudios »

I recently found an old gem in my VCR tape collection of Quiet Riot video material from 1975-1978. I purchased it from a bootleg record show in the 80's. Some of the footage I have never seen. I was wondering if any of this is un-circulated. Most of the footage is the same footage that was used in the Picking up the Pieces video. But this has the full segments with the original audio. This is some info from first glance.

01. 1978 Whiskey
02. Early Performance Suicide Show: Randy - Blue Jeans and Black Vest, White Les Paul, Kevin White Pants Black Suspenders
03. Chili Cook-off
04. Early Live Performance: Randy - Blue Jeans Yellow and Black Stripe Shirt Kevin White pants, black shirt, white suspenders
a. Nervous Breakdown
b. Unknown Song
c.Fit to be Tide
d. Back to the Coast
05. Studio recording Fit to be Tide with messing around
06. Early Live Performance Randy Black pants and black shirt Kevin Black Pants Red Pancho Black Suspenders
a.Always on the Run
b.Look in any Window
c. Back to the Coast
07. Early Live Performance Randy - Black Pants and Shirt, Kevin Black Pants and Suspenders
a. Look in any Window
b. Back to the Coast (2 seconds worth)
08. Live Performance Randy- Polka dot vest and bow tie Dark in color. Kevin White suit with Black knee patches Kelly in Red
09. Quiet Riot in Drag
10. Live Performance of Tin Soldier Yellow washed out screen. Kelly is playing a thunderbird bass and Randy is playing his les paul.
Attachments
vcr tape002.jpg
(5.81 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

quadrastudios wrote:I recently found an old gem in my VCR tape collection of Quiet Riot video material from 1975-1978. I purchased it from a bootleg record show in the 80's. Some of the footage I have never seen. I was wondering if any of this is un-circulated. Most of the footage is the same footage that was used in the Picking up the Pieces video. But this has the full segments with the original audio. This is some info from first glance.

01. 1978 Whiskey
02. Early Performance Suicide Show: Randy - Blue Jeans and Black Vest, White Les Paul, Kevin White Pants Black Suspenders
03. Chili Cook-off
04. Early Live Performance: Randy - Blue Jeans Yellow and Black Stripe Shirt Kevin White pants, black shirt, white suspenders
a. Nervous Breakdown
b. Unknown Song
c.Fit to be Tide
d. Back to the Coast
05. Studio recording Fit to be Tide with messing around
06. Early Live Performance Randy Black pants and black shirt Kevin Black Pants Red Pancho Black Suspenders
a.Always on the Run
b.Look in any Window
c. Back to the Coast
07. Early Live Performance Randy - Black Pants and Shirt, Kevin Black Pants and Suspenders
a. Look in any Window
b. Back to the Coast (2 seconds worth)
08. Live Performance Randy- Polka dot vest and bow tie Dark in color. Kevin White suit with Black knee patches Kelly in Red
09. Quiet Riot in Drag
10. Live Performance of Tin Soldier Yellow washed out screen. Kelly is playing a thunderbird bass and Randy is playing his les paul.

That is cool stuff... I've got it on DVD now.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Yes that is true Han' a very good friend saw Mr Crowley (I think it was) and he described Lee's Drum kit to me but I have never seen the footage myself.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
quadrastudios

Post by quadrastudios »

So I take it that this stuff is already circulated amongst the community?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

quadrastudios wrote:So I take it that this stuff is already circulated amongst the community?

It's out there, but not widespread I don't think.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Yeah,I got this too about 15 years ago & when I was looking around I couldnt find any of it on youtube or on Cableguys site,So I Made some videos with my 10th eneation copy so the fans could see it.Ive been trying to get a better quality copy for a while now,Is there any way I can get a Copy from you QUADSTUDIO?????? PM me

Heres where I used some of the footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8ekenahhz4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2A--JC8Lcg

Check out my channel I made about 15-20 Randy Videos
quadrastudios

Post by quadrastudios »

DMRX, Looks like yours is in much better shape then mine.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Wow,thats weak,I know there has to be a better quality version somewhere.Kevin used alot of the in the Pickin up the pieces Video
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Wow,thats weak,I know there has to be a better quality version somewhere.Kevin used alot of the in the Pickin up the pieces Video
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Possible pro-shot at 4/24/81 show at Passaic, NJ
that venue had an in-house camera setup.
Where was this show? Venue? My father has gone to a place in Passaic where he saw many big bands play in the 80's.