Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

DMRX
Mass Poster

Daver Rx collection 2

Post by DMRX »

This is from one of the VERY 1st US Blizzard Shows

Wish I could say I was there,but I was 2
Look at that 25 cent sales charge it would be like 4 dollars on a 9$ ticket theese days weak

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Dave Cheers for posting up some of your collection. I'm into collectiing Ozzy / RR related items. I've got a huge collection which is still growing. It was a bit of an expensive obsession to have everthing i seen at ebay etc. But i've calmed down now and the compulsive spender has closed his wallet for the time being. I'll try and post some of my better items up . I think the mods should think about having a collectors corner. I'll show you mine if you show me yours..sort of thing LOL!!..
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

$.25 fee from ticketron. The good ol' days... :wink:
gtraddict

Post by gtraddict »

Here are tix from the two times I got to witness greatness first hand.
[url=http://www.vintagecharvels.com/][img]http://www.vintagecharvels.com/images/avatars/sig_blk.gif[/img][/url]
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Idol-Totally I agree.Im 30 & was introduced to Randy when I was 6 by my older Brother & sorta Inherited/Claimed his RR collection & have been building it since I was very young.Unfortionatly I havent the fund for too much Ebay for I would buy EVERYTHING I could,so I save myself the heartache & just dont even look unless there an interesting link someone posts like the reoccuring UK Blizzard Amp:)
Awsome Stubbs Havnt seen those ones yet already saved em thanks for posting
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

gtraddict wrote:Here are tix from the two times I got to witness greatness first hand.

Hey man we were at the same Diary show !! It was very incredible wasn't it ? Do you remember what vest he was wearing, I just remember it was black, was either the studs all over or the zipper one? Man I almost made the Stanley theater too.. Did you go to the seminar, I almost made that too.

wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gtraddict

Post by gtraddict »

TAB wrote:
gtraddict wrote:Here are tix from the two times I got to witness greatness first hand.

Hey man we were at the same Diary show !! It was very incredible wasn't it ? Do you remember what vest he was wearing, I just remember it was black, was either the studs all over or the zipper one? Man I almost made the Stanley theater too.. Did you go to the seminar, I almost made that too.

I think he wore the studded vest, but we're talkin' 28 years ago and I was surely nice and buzzed up. Unfortunately, I did not make the clinic in Greensburg - had to work that day and was pitching for a management position - wouldn't have looked good to call off, but in retrospect I sure wish that I had.

I can still remember Tommy's drum intro to Over the Mountain that night. Little did we know Randy would be taken from us in a few weeks time.

Do you happen to remember who opened that Diary show? I can't recall for the life of me.
[url=http://www.vintagecharvels.com/][img]http://www.vintagecharvels.com/images/avatars/sig_blk.gif[/img][/url]
FiddlePickr

Post by FiddlePickr »

I am so envious of those of you who got to see Randy play! I was 14 pr 15 when blizzard came out and had no way to get to the concert when they came to Connecticut. I was 16 when the Diary tour was coming to my area in April 1982, and I didn't have my license yet, but was working on getting there with friends. As it turned out, neither Randy nor I made that show anyway... :(
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

Yes thanks for getting back! I was thinking the studded vest too. I remember looking at the world tour book and seeing the blizzard shot and then looking up at him going, that's a different vest than in the tour book... I just remember now being black and bulkier than the tourbook blizzard vest. Anyway, the opening band was Starfighters. I do remember certain parts of the show I was studying Randy very well being a guitar player. I still remember the radio ads on WDVE for the seminar. ..

FiddlePickr , I was in that boat for the Stanley theater Blizzard show, I was 15 at the time and wasn't driving.
matt21

Post by matt21 »

kinda cool listening to your guys stories that you were at the same show. i can only imagine what it was like..
Phineas J

Post by Phineas J »

TAB wrote:Yes thanks for getting back! I was thinking the studded vest too. I remember looking at the world tour book and seeing the blizzard shot and then looking up at him going, that's a different vest than in the tour book... I just remember now being black and bulkier than the tourbook blizzard vest. Anyway, the opening band was Starfighters. I do remember certain parts of the show I was studying Randy very well being a guitar player. I still remember the radio ads on WDVE for the seminar. ..

FiddlePickr , I was in that boat for the Stanley theater Blizzard show, I was 15 at the time and wasn't driving.
Tab,
Im from Pittsburgh too and I was only 12 at the time. Mom took one look at the Diary cover and nixed it fast LOL. My cousin who was 17 at the time went with a large group of friends to see the Civic Arena show. I remember them talking nonstop for days afterward about how awesome Randy was.

I remember my cousin crying when Randy died soon after. These memories are cemented with me. I found out Randy was gone from him.