Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why did you start to love Randy?

Post by Trigger »

Why did you start to love Randy?

When i started to drum I wanted to play rock drumming but when I had lessons it was all very light and sloppy.

A friend gave me a tape with loads of songs to copy and work with, Two songs were Ozzy one was Mr Crowley from the EP and the pther was 'Never say die' from the speak of the Devil album. The same guy gave me a copy of the Cleveland show and I never looked back and Randy and Tommy were in my heart. :D

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Well if it wasn't for Jake E. Lee I probably wouldn't know who Randy was. I'd heard Bark At The Moon and instantly fell in love with it and so when my friend asked me to recommend him albums I told him to get Ozzy stuff. He got Blizzard, lent it to me and that was that. I'm not a huge fan of Randy because he was inventive, mixed classical guitar with rock or any of that stuff, just because he rules (even though the rest is all quite cool as well). I'm learning a lot more from his playing than I have with anyone elses playing so that's made me like him more as well. It's like having a teacher i've never met.
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

Ell wrote:I'm learning a lot more from his playing than I have with anyone elses playing so that's made me like him more as well. It's like having a teacher i've never met.
Couldn't have said it better myself!!! :wink: That is EXACTLY the way I feel!!! :D
[img]http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/3465/banner2xt.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Ell wrote:It's like having a teacher i've never met.
I think it's the same for me as well !
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
sumdood2

Post by sumdood2 »

i agree with the above posts, he def has taught me a lot about the instrument when compared to most guitarists. Its a sign of a truly gifted musician, which is an understatement for randy. I first started to love his music when my brother, who was a huge ozzy fan too, put in Diary of a Madman, and played me Believer. I was hooked ever since.
FlyingHigh

Post by FlyingHigh »

When I listen to him and all his tracks they sound so new and I always find something that just blows me away. I wish I had been able to see him live but I will have to just enjoy the boot shows and the few known videos. :cry:
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

His playing is like cocaine. Once you start, you're addicted. Id never heard anything like him before.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

therhoadlesstraveled wrote:His playing is like cocaine. Once you start, you're addicted. Id never heard anything like him before.
But his playing is good, doesn't kill you to listen to him.
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

Ell wrote:
therhoadlesstraveled wrote:His playing is like cocaine. Once you start, you're addicted. Id never heard anything like him before.
But his playing is good, doesn't kill you to listen to him.
And it costs less!! :lol:
[img]http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/3465/banner2xt.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Actually, it started for me about 15-20 seconds into a live show that took place during the later weeks or so of the 1981 "Blizzard" tour. This "guitar player" was so immediately intense that ALL you could do was to focus on what he was doing and not much else.........let me tell you, becoming addicted to Randy Rhoads.....and I mean HIGHLY addicted to Randy Rhoads was relatively simple. All you had to do was be in the right place at the right time.......and what I mean by that is that alllllllllll you had to do was see this guy in a live situation. The intensity of his musicianship is something that, all of these years later, is STILL difficult to put into words. :shock:
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
zakkattack!

Post by zakkattack! »

I heard Zakk got the miracle man riff from a randy song so i checked him out.
he was sure great!
zakk!
The Flying Dutchman

Xanadu wrote:Actually, it started for me about 15-20 seconds into a live show that took place during the later weeks or so of the 1981 "Blizzard" tour. This "guitar player" was so immediately intense that ALL you could do was to focus on what he was doing and not much else.........let me tell you, becoming addicted to Randy Rhoads.....and I mean HIGHLY addicted to Randy Rhoads was relatively simple. All you had to do was be in the right place at the right time.......and what I mean by that is that alllllllllll you had to do was see this guy in a live situation. The intensity of his musicianship is something that, all of these years later, is STILL difficult to put into words. :shock:
Hey X,
I said it before, and I say it again now: you are a very lucky guy! 8)
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Hey Dutch!!! I will readily admit to the lucky part.....but in addition to that.........AGE!!!!!!!! LOL!!! Damn, I was 23 when I saw witnessed Randy in 1981!!! You do the math!!!!! I'M GETTING OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!:
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
The Flying Dutchman

Xanadu wrote:I'M GETTING OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!:
I wouldn't mind to be a little older by now if I could have your experience ! :D

Ask a '70 years old and he will say you are still very young! :wink:
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

40 isn't old if you're a tree. :wink: