What if /

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RRfish
Madman

What if /

Post by RRfish »

Suppose Kelly Garni wrote a book about his life and experiences with Randy, and committed to donate a certain amount of the proceeds to the RR scholarship fund, would you buy it ? I know many of you have posted how some posters come on this forum, and are gone, after they have received the information they want to write a book. Most who have written books, or articles about Randy, never knew him, had hardly know Randy at all, and some maybe two to three years of his life. What do you all think ? Should KG put it all out there, balls to the wall, with complete honesty? or should KG write a biography on his friend that many think was the real "HEAVY METAL" hero ?
Curious as to how all of you would feel about complete honesty coming from KG, the one, other than Randy's family, who knew him the best. :fish:
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I think Kelly should write an RR biography although as Alex (hinted) his life has been so closely linked to Randy that a KG autobigraphy would contain lots of RR related information.
I think that if KG took up the batern and wrote an RR book he could really inform us fans about much of what has been going on for the past few years in the RR world. I think that this following the doc' would get decent sales and would benefit from the newly created buzz around Randy,and if some of that cash went on to help somebody through the fund that would be great.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

I'd love to see Mr. Garni write a book about his time knowing Randy.
The Flying Dutchman

Re: What if /

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

RRfish wrote:Suppose Kelly Garni wrote a book about his life and experiences with Randy, and committed to donate a certain amount of the proceeds to the RR scholarship fund, would you buy it ?
Yes
RRfish wrote:Should KG put it all out there, balls to the wall, with complete honesty? or should KG write a biography on his friend that many think was the real "HEAVY METAL" hero ?
Both! :)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I would buy it regardless of any charity donation. I think a book is the best and most intimate way to actually experience the subject in question.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

put it out there kelly!!!!i agree with matt,i;d buy it regardless!!
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Good Idea

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

I always try to get a more complete idea about Randy by reading articles and even the books that come out from time to time. I also realize that history is just that: HIS-STORY. I have a few misgivings and so does my brother. The better the relationship the fewer the number of misgivings I'm going to tell. The worse the relationship the more dirt I'm going to throw around. That's why we are so fixated on celebrities. They love the attention. Most of the time it's dirt. How many positive uplifting stories do you get in magazines? Almost never. It just doesn't sell. How much truth do you get depends on the angle/perception you want to project. Like I've said before, if it's done solely for money it will eventually bring out your worst character flaws. I therefore never read anything as absolute truth only perceived truth.
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
krgarni
Cool Member

Post by krgarni »

I'd write it, for sure, Because, I am a writer. I need an ending. And given the history of my band mates, I'm not so sure I'd be around.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

As long as the book is HONEST and as accurate as possible. Randy's not here to defend himself.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

krgarni wrote:I'd write it, for sure, Because, I am a writer. I need an ending. And given the history of my band mates, I'm not so sure I'd be around.
I don't think you need an ending in the way you suggest ie demise ;)
The ending of the book could be a beginning of sorts, with a forward and message to people regarding life as a musician for example your current project/s at the time of writing.

On the subject of Silverrhoads' valid point about accuracy; as a reader I know that several people can witness something and all the tell the truth, yet produce very different accounts, all the while being accurate and truthful from their own perspective.

Everyone seemed to know a different angle of Randy. The more versions there are available the better picture we have of the real man.

Also the more that has come to light about Randy, the more I am delighted to find out that he appeared a very multi faceted and complex man. Not the simple living idealistic boy I had been told by the media and internet information.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

Like any biography about someone who has passed, the reality is they are not here to defend themselves. I believe that the most honest and accurate portrayal of Randy's life (other than from his family),would come from Kelly. Given that we all as humans perceive and remember situations and occurrences, because of our own life experiences, differently, I would rather have Kelly be a historian as to Randy's life, than someone with no first hand knowledge.

Kelly, everyone dies, not everyone lives, and you have lived. Shove pessimism aside, and put pen to paper my friend. People will always question ones motives, or disagree with the way a story is told, that is human nature. As the old adage goes, "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time." So you have to please yourself. Not for the fans, but you owe this to yourself, and Randy. I believe you will find the experience quite rewarding in it self. I know you will do it. Take care! :wink: :fish:
krgarni
Cool Member

Post by krgarni »

I am still thinking about this, it's been suggested many times to me in the past. I'm not feeling too good right now. I just went on facebook and found out that my friend Jeff Findley died. Many of you may know him. He always showed up at Randy's grave with his BLS brothers. I got to know him pretty well as he was a photographer. I am deeply saddened by this news. My heart goes out to his loved ones.
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

So sad to hear KG, Jeff was a very talented photographer, and way too young to pass. I am so sorry for your loss. Take care KG :cry: :fish:
Six_Strung_Out
Cool Member

Post by Six_Strung_Out »

Yes, our own mortality, combined with witnessing the one's we know and love die before we do, makes writing about others lives emotionally complex. Yet, this is the constant dilemma that makes us create memories through books. Books are like bricks. If those who knew Randy in life author another brick, the interested reader can build a living memorial structure in their mind and heart.

Do not fear writing about your own life if you decide to write about Randy's life. That would not be an "ego trip" at all. What makes the human race interesting is the interrelationships of those who happen to meet each other, and then, both traveling souls are changed by a once-in-a-lifetime special relationship.

There is no ending to any book until the last person reads it.

Good luck Kelly...