Question for all you that visit this and the other site...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Question for all you that visit this and the other site...

Post by Shockwave »

Kind of an oddball question but i have kinda wanted to ask it for years now.

Whenever you guys visit this forum or the other, when you click on that General Rhoads Talk link are you thinking " There will be some Pro Shot full concert footage finally found thread going on"

Every dam time i come to these or the other rhoads forum, i always think behind that general rhoads link there will be a massive thread of some jackpot of video footage that was discovered(im not talking little things like the soundcheck footage or something, i mean the JACKPOT)

Just figured i would ask :)
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

LOL, I can't say I do personally, but I am sure one day something will occur like that!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

JMPMKII, "ONE DAY!" and the only reason I come to this forum is when Randy is on my mind................cheers ! :fish:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I have my fingers crossed because evrytime something shows up the threads become huge, ie RR showing up in a few moments of the Sharom O doc' and the leaked trailer we showed a while back.
I know that we will have the excitment you are craving but I am not sure how long you will have to wait.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Re: Question for all you that visit this and the other site.

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

JMPMKII wrote:Whenever you guys visit this forum or the other, when you click on that General Rhoads Talk link are you thinking " There will be some Pro Shot full concert footage finally found thread going on"
To be honest: no....
But I strongly feel there must be TONS of stuff out there.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Not any more. When I joined tk in 03, every day seemed like a revelation with new pics surfacing. Then there was the much vaunted 'soundcheck' clip and the full Quiet Riot shows (the last of which was 30 years ago today at the Whisky for Kevin's birthday).

Now there is just so much drama involved in any 'new' findings. In addition, so much info is being rehashed because new, younger members ask questions that we old guys have discussed years ago.

If something exciting were to surface, that'd be cool, but I don't hold my breath in anticipation anymore - I'd rather hear more of Randy's personal lessons that 'pro' anything.
duane v

Post by duane v »

.b
Last edited by duane v on Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

duane v wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:Now there is just so much drama involved .
When I joined both forums two months ago, I was really excited with the fact of being part of the RR community, and that there were actual forums you could discuss Randy.

But with all my heart, I'm saddened by the fact that drama has become the signature behavior of both forums, rather than the love for Randy the person/guitar player, which has left a bad taste. Which is why my involvement has pretty much ended on both forums, and has me a bit apprehensive attending the up and coming December Randy Tribute Show. In fears this useless drama might carry over into real life.

Truly a disappointed RR fan.
When Paul said what you have quoted he was talking about something different than you.
I agree with your sadness and share in it as well, I feel that some have been diversive in the RR world for self gain, honour or vain self promoting glory. They have pushed the community and streched it to its very thinest leaving all of us vunerable and bruised.
What I can see is that most people who have been around a while know and fully understand the causes of recent tensions. I think that though we at the forums bare the brunt due to how confusing things become, in time everyone will realise that the forums were not the cause.
Like everything it will pass and after the cause of this drama has passed we will move onto somthing else, a new film a new CD release etc!

I think that people should remember that this isn't the real world and the events that some find distresing are artificial. And if the upset does become hurtful on a personel level the fact that more than one forum exists gives you a chance to learn the fuller picture.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

duane v wrote:When I joined both forums two months ago, I was really excited with the fact of being part of the RR community, and that there were actual forums you could discuss Randy.
I would love to discuss Randy Rhoads and guitar playing in general, with anyone who wants to. However, not so many people seem to want to anymore.

For instance, there is a thread here entitled, "Play Like Randy". At this moment it's been viewed 42 times and commented on once. Why is that? An excellent resource to learn to play both Randy's music and his style, but no one wants to discuss it?

Occasionally there is a thread like, "Why did Randy choose UCLA'" or something about what Musonia is like, but most threads these days are about the upcoming documentary, whether or not an autograph is fake, speculation about footage, or links to youtube videos.

Back in the day we'd discuss what kind of strings Randy used, what kind of scales he used and why, his religious beliefs, his musical interests, even what kind of shoes he wore and why he seems to have the same pair of shoes on in every picture. I've asked about each of these things and had lengthy discussions about them... the newer members simply don't ask.

So duane v, before writing off the community, consider helping bring back the spirit in which we started this thing. Ask questions about Randy Rhoads, spark the conversation by asking questions and making comments. It can be a fun place if you get involved.
Six_Strung_Out
Cool Member

Post by Six_Strung_Out »

Waiting to find lost pro footage of Randy playing his majestic and magnetic guitar is just like searching for The Holy Grail.
The story of the Grail and of the quest to find it became increasingly popular in the nineteenth century, referred to in literature such as Alfred Tennyson's Arthurian cycle the Idylls of the King. The combination of hushed reverence, chromatic harmonies and sexualized imagery in Richard Wagner's late opera Parsifal gave new significance to the grail theme
So, the search continues....
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Paul Wolfe wrote: For instance, there is a thread here entitled, "Play Like Randy". At this moment it's been viewed 42 times and commented on once. Why is that? An excellent resource to learn to play both Randy's music and his style, but no one wants to discuss it?
To comment here myself Paul and to evryone else, I myself don't comment in threads like that because I am not a guitarist. I focus on the audio or more general stuff due to my love of his recorded works.
i like the non RR related topics as well, but what brought me to the forums was a love of his recorded live works! I also enjoy observing human nature so even at the darkest times I find behavior fascinating.

What is more I love the members of the forums because of the passions they have for RR and for life, the way they differ, how they can search out rivals but in time how they ultimatly come together.
When seeing the differences and making them the focus you miss what makes us all so similer.
And my friend Paul is right, it is contributing that brings us together so perhaps you should look out for just how united we are because it is very easy to see when you realise where to look.
clashradio
Cool Member

Re: Question for all you that visit this and the other site.

Post by clashradio »

I search almost everyday hoping, because I am a film/video freak. I play guitar as well but my passion is motion picture. So I'd love to see some 16mm/Super 8 clips or a small gig on film. Wouldn't you love to see some film footage of Ozzy/Randy from the first UK tour October-Nov 1980! I have some buddies that have a band so I do a lot of video recording of those guys so I can do the editing and watch the show at home. Plus it serves as an archive for the band.
Just figured i would ask :)[/quote]
JustTakeAPebble
Mass Poster

Post by JustTakeAPebble »

haha, super 8 and super 16s...

I actually have both a super 8 and a standard 8mm ClashRadio.

Simon
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Yeah alot of the Quiet Riot footage is Super 8 & 16mm.I dont know but to me the "Soundcheck" footage to me was the Jackpot at the time it was first Found/posted .To surface after 20+ years & (I just want to know where it came from & where the rest of it is????it seems strange that they would film the sound check,the interview & not tape the show at all) And it might be high hopes but I feel that the interview is incomplete.I find it weird that this would just appear after 20 years and be all that there is.
As far as I know ,it was on Ebay as rare Randy Rhoads Soundcheck footage & turned out being "real" The Quality is AMAZING to boot.
Even if it was just one song it would be great (even just one of the Sabbath songs) would be Too good to be true,i mean even just one camera" The Quality is AMAZING "