Randy Rhoads Ampeg VT22 on Ebay?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

romeorose
Cool Member

Randy Rhoads Ampeg VT22 on Ebay?

Post by romeorose »

Is this for real? Did Randy ever even use this model VT-22 of a Ampeg amp????

And I thought he only used Marshalls with Ozzy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Amplifier-R ... 1|294%3A50
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

It could be very well Randy's practice amp while on tour with Ozzy.
Check the Japanese 2002 Tribute vid, they showed Randy's amp in his teaching room, that was an ampeg as well, but it had only 3 knobs so that was a different model.

btw Back from prison? :P
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
OffTheScales

Post by OffTheScales »

Haha apparently, looks legit to me.
When Randy Rhoads Died, I think A Piece Of Everyone In Town Died With Him...
romeorose
Cool Member

Post by romeorose »

wow that's cool, it's exciting how much new Randy Rhoads stuff is coming to light, this is the most exciting time to be a Rhoads fan since he's been gone.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halorising

Post by halorising »

I wont buy this one as it was only used by randy and owned by Jet. But still it;s pretty cool. Id love to have it but not at that price.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

does he have the toilet paper rr wiped his ass with also to go along with that?
seriously,this looks like junk equipment that RR would never use except in the most desperate of circumstances.Is this supposed to be a practice amp?
This certainly wasnt used on stage-god help us....
Junk for sale with just a faint connection if any at all to the artist.Yay,somebody at jet stamped rr's name on it.So this amp sat at jet records and whenever one of their bands went out on tour they said "here,if u need an amp,you can borrow our little pos"...this is ridiculous.And the old fart selling it is an ass to be gouging such an outrageous price.Total ass.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Oth, Say what you mean, don't hold back! :)
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

I didn't even notice the price until now. What the hell is that guy thinking? Some twiddly little Ampeg that Randy may have played a handful of times, for $25,000. Perhaps for his white Marshall head, sure. For that? No way, what a tosser.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
quadrastudios

I Do Not Think It Is 100% Legit

Post by quadrastudios »

I Do Not Think It Is 100% Legit. Somebody is trying to make this amp more than it is. If you look at the Randy Rhoads stencil on top of the amp, it has WIDOWMAKER underneath it. Widowmaker came along after the Blizzard of OZZ if I remember correctly. So the WIDOWMAKER stencil should be over the Randy stencil, not under it. I do not doubt that Randy may have played the amp at some point, but to my knowledge, Randy with QR used a Peavey Musician head through a 4X12 bottom with Altec 417-8H speakers. Even back in the QR days, he used Altecs. He did not like Celestion speakers. Then with Ozzy, he used Marshall SLP Heads through 4X12 Marshall cabinets with Altec 417-8H speakers. His backstage practice amp was a Roland cube. Never, do I recall seeing or hearing about him playing an Ampeg with eminence speakers. Just my 2 cents.
romeorose
Cool Member

Post by romeorose »

Some of these Ampeg VT-22 amps actually came stock with those Altecs during that time. People say they have a clean sound almost as good as a Fender Twin and that they are excellent with pedals because of thier clean headroom. They are tube, and built like a tank from what I hear. I doubt they are junk, and bet they could hold thier own with Marshalls if Randy were using them, after all he did make that little Fender Harvard sound pretty good.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: I Do Not Think It Is 100% Legit

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

quadrastudios wrote:I Do Not Think It Is 100% Legit. Somebody is trying to make this amp more than it is. If you look at the Randy Rhoads stencil on top of the amp, it has WIDOWMAKER underneath it. Widowmaker came along after the Blizzard of OZZ if I remember correctly. So the WIDOWMAKER stencil should be over the Randy stencil, not under it.
Not that i'm saying that the amp is 100% as i think its totaly Bull$hit. But your info about Widowmaker ? They started back in 1975 made two albums and split up by 1978. Bob Daisley played bass for them until he joined Rainbow. I have asked Bob about this amp over at his site. I'm sure if he had seen this in either band he would remember.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widowmaker_(band)
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

it's total bs.. that exact amp was up for ebay auction 4 or 5 years ago, I saved the pics on my computer then just in case and still have them. Now they are asking double the price.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

we have a used roll of toilet paper with 'randy rhoads' stenciled on it.It is about 1/4 used...amazingly,we have that 1/4 used portion,some of it has brown stains...ah yes RR dna....Please no offers below 10000$...