Randy Rhoads Fort Worth TX Story by Linda Chadwick

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Dan wrote:Jerry seemed every bit as torn up over the loss of "Andy" too. It really hit home finally that this was likely a pretty good man with family and friends who loved him too. He made an error in judgment sadly where there was no margin for error - especially that kind of plane.
I remember, years ago, commenting online about how Andy Ayecock died in March 1982 as well, yet no one ever mourns him. I recall being crucified for even considering that the man was human.

To me, as you said, Dan, he made a tragic mistake. It'd be nice to know who he was as a person.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

That was such a heartwarming story and that´s why I wish I´d seen Randy playing live... even for the sake of the memory.
Mikel
rrhoadsfan86

Post by rrhoadsfan86 »

Man! I hate being so young! Im constantly telling my friends I shoulda been born in like the sixties, as I missed out on alot of great guitar players. Not to say that there arent alot of great guitar players in my generation too, but the number is running short, thats for sure. Anyway, thats a great picture of randy thanks for sharing
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

it would be interesting to see more personal pics from Rudy and Tommy; pics from backstage, tour-bus and like, something to reflect what their touring surroundings were etc.
Mikel
Satch

Post by Satch »

Awesome write up. This is the show I missed! My older brother tried to get me to go with him and I could not make it. I did see Randy in Feb of 82 but I had no idea it would be the only time.

Thank you for posting this. Awesome memories.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Rhoads Fort Worth TX Story by Linda Chadwick

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I pulled this thread out of the archives it does go on a bit..... But the photos and road trip are a good one for ya.... Enjoy :lol:
dasboot

Post by dasboot »

Dimebag Darrell was probably at this show. Ft Worth is near his hometown of Arlington. Did either of the ladies know him at the time? I thought I had read somewhere that Andrew Aycock had just joined the tour on the final leg. Maybe in Rudy's book.
"He could interpret blazing renditions of his compositions as easily as taking a breath"-Rudy Sarzo
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

Stories & pictures like this keep the dream alive!! Thanks for "pulling it out of the archives"!! Awesome. And yes, she IS hot!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

First off, by the photos and Ozzy & Sharon fighting story, I thought this might be a "B" Diary show; in 1982. Did Randy wear the black leather or whatever on the Diary tour? In the photos it is the red which is most likely 1981.
Secondly, I have stated before, I believe 100% the crash was due to AA's flying and nothing else. Call it having fun or reckless, it doesn't mater. It doesn't mean I think he was a coke snorting demon or an insane terrorist who took people out like a Kamikaze. But we didn't know him. We knew Randy. This is a Randy site not an AA site. It's like that guy you know that, due to his stupidity it affected your life. He ain't my favorite human but it doesn't make him Hitler. Everyone has faults. Don't get me started on mine.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Its safe to say Linda and Debbie dont look like that now, but if i had a time machine i would go back and and do them both .har har.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

We don't refer to the word 'do' at UR it's a more simpler term which is as solid as a frozen one and its simply 'sausaging'...
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:We don't refer to the word 'do' at UR it's a more simpler term which is as solid as a frozen one and its simply 'sausaging'...
This thread was a fun read. Especially thanks to you, Idol...haha
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

camdenlp wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:We don't refer to the word 'do' at UR it's a more simpler term which is as solid as a frozen one and its simply 'sausaging'...
This thread was a fun read. Especially thanks to you, Idol...haha
It's good to drag the old threads out and if you liked the humour thats even better. :-)
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

Yep, I've been browsing some of the old stuff that I missed out on not being a member at the time...cool stuff and interesting to boot! Bravo :)