Randy had a 12 string! (Updated with Close up photos)

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Shaun,

This is the best piece of info on Randy I have seen on the sites. I don't know why but I find it so exciting :)

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Six_Strung_Out
Cool Member

Post by Six_Strung_Out »

8) I agree with Cpt. Matt....

I play a six-string version of The Byrds song Eight Miles High.

Randy lived in a music store in his youth: of course!---having a 12-string electric guitar in his studio work with The Blizzard of Oz , gave him the depth and harmony he always aimed for.

12 strings are real real hard to tune :roll:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Six_Strung_Out wrote:8) I agree with Cpt. Matt....

I play a six-string version of The Byrds song Eight Miles High.

Randy lived in a music store in his youth: of course!---having a 12-string electric guitar in his studio work with The Blizzard of Oz , gave him the depth and harmony he always aimed for.

12 strings are real real hard to tune :roll:
One amazing thing about this news is that for 28 years we had believed that we knew exactly what guitars Randy used on Both Ozzy albums!
Now we not only know the 12 string is Randys but also that somewhere on 'Diary' that guitar is lurking but nobody had been able to hear it!!

After 28 years this is more than just a small Revelation to all those who studied Randys playing and what/where he played his individual guitars. I hope that when we see the film information such as this has made it into the final cut. Without all these new pieces of information the academic element of Peters film is incomplete, and any images of RR's guitars that doesn't involve this 12 string will not be fully representative of the facts.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I couldn't agree more, and Six Strung Out I played a lute for the first time recently and the guy just scribbled down the tunings of each string....it was diabolically out of tune and took a while shall we say LMAO!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

The guitar here is a 1966 model and apparently quite rare with only 260 made ! , street price on a instrument like this would fetch about $ 8 k > $ 10 k in original condition , and that is without the RR connection , with the RR connection ...... who knows
................................................................Image...............................................................................
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Ritchie wrote:The guitar here is a 1966 model and apparently quite rare with only 260 made ! , street price on a instrument like this would fetch about $ 8 k > $ 10 k in original condition , and that is without the RR connection , with the RR connection ...... who knows
From memory Dave T said that the guitar was a 1962 limited edition ?. I thought getting £600 for this guitar back in 1980 was a hell of a lot to pay for such an item. But i wonder how much it would of been worth back then ?. Not a bad investment for a pawn shopped guitar costing $175.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Randy had a 12 string! (Updated with Close up photos)

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Did anyone here save the photos that Skezza originally uploaded from Dave Tangye's collection. He posted 4-5 pics of this 12 string ?. I'd love to see them again.. If you have them please share them here thanks
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

I will try to check my pendrives. I may have saved those. If I can remember which ones were Dave Tangye's!!! :lol: Maybe they had his name on them. Let's see!!!
Mikel
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Oh that's quick... I'd. love to see them if you have them. Cheers