Sony CyberSecurity Hack

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

No1UNo
Cool Member

Sony CyberSecurity Hack

Post by No1UNo »

I was thinking the other day...Sony was hacked in 2014 by "Guardians of the Peace", and some film footage and controversial emails were made public. Supposedly, the hacks originated from North Korea in response to the the impending release of the film, "The Interview". I also believe that CBS/Sony was where Ozzy signed once he got out of the Jet Record's Deal, and know some of his later releases were on the Sony/Epic label.

Next logical thought is to Kevin Churko's comments about working on the "Ozzy Live" album, about how he worked on "a number of other shows", and that Sony "had a lot more in the vault" for future releases. Tommy Aldridge has also said that he has "boxes of soundboard (cassette) tapes" from all of the shows he did with Randy (which I hope he has electronically digitized).

Putting the two together - and not that I'm encouraging any criminal activity whatsoever, but it's too bad the Guardians of the Peace were only interested in embarrassing emails and material related to that one movie. I can imagine there was potentially a treasure trove of digital files of Ozzy / Randy stuff just sitting there, waiting for the taking.

Imagine most shows...almost any date you want from the Blizzard of Ozz tour, having a soundboard quality digital file available for it? And then some from the Diary tour, and potentially rehearsals and other outtakes? What a treat that would be!
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Re: Sony CyberSecurity Hack

Post by chilinvilin »

When that hack went down back then I was all over it going through searches for anything I could find from ozzy randy etc. I came up with nothing but that doesn't mean its not there, I just couldn't find it.
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

Wow and looking at your join date and mine, kinda weird LOL.
No1UNo
Cool Member

Post by No1UNo »

Maybe somewhere down the line, something will leak out? Someone should reach out to the hackers and have them look for this stuff.

Yes, you beat me by a month, although I'm sure I lurked in the shadows as a "guest" for a long time!
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

You can search through all the emails online still, it's not illegal to do so. I searched them and there is nothing regarding Randy, Ozzy, or Kevin Churko.
No1UNo
Cool Member

Post by No1UNo »

Yeah, I think most of the emails that got leaked to the press were derogatory remarks made about certain actors or producers...gossip-type stuff that dressed down some of them.

I wouldn't expect to find any emails related to Ozzy, Randy, or live tapes. But if files were located and/or downloaded, that would be the stuff everyone would be interested in.