Live Tracks from Diary 40th

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

richard emms

Live Tracks from Diary 40th

Post by richard emms »

The live tracks are up. Sound different from Tribute and the box set.

Flying High Again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNdEf-mIXO8
Believer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEmcAzAVsLc

Believer sounds slower, solo is amazing and lots more improv and there's an effect 4:09 which is new to me.

Have fun!
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: Live Tracks from Diary 40th

Post by Shockwave »

Hopefully this ain’t actually it because both of these tracks are from the Blizzard of Ozz live album that was part of the boxset in 2010. FHA is from the 81 Montreal show and Believer is from Indianapolis 81 I think.

Now that I check my Apple Music library it’s probably right..Blizzard of Ozz live was also released digitally as part of the 30th anniversary of Blizzard of Ozz but was missing a few of the live tracks, including FHA and Believer. Totally screwed over on this one again.

I have the full digital version of the full 2010 live album in my Apple as added it manually. These two tracks are the same.

The “effect” a little after 4:09 on believer is just Randy not hitting the harmonics right and doing a little whammy action. Off the top of my head I would say the open harmonics he was trying were likely around the 2 or 3rd fret which are pretty hard to get. Might be the 4th fret but I don’t think they sound that high. I’ve always like that little part and maybe I’ll try figuring it out tomorrow.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

So, as expected: nothing new from Randy Rhoads under the sun.
Obvious source for such rare and released material would be Bob Daisley with his so called "holy grail", but that just doesn't seem to happen either.
Too bad Jack Osbourne is not doing all the negotiations about Ozz-releated releases. I mean, Blizzard Of Ozz was the best band Ozzy was ever involved with!!! Black Sabbath is a concept on their own.
Mikel
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

richard emms wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:33 am The live tracks are up. Sound different from Tribute and the box set.

Flying High Again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNdEf-mIXO8
Believer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEmcAzAVsLc

Believer sounds slower, solo is amazing and lots more improv and there's an effect 4:09 which is new to me.

Have fun!
I think the mix for these 2 songs is much better compared to the boxset!
The live songs from the boxset sounds soo strange, I rarely listen to these.
And yes the Believer solo here is amazing!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Ugh…Ozzys new instagram post promoting the 40th anniversary live tracks has video of later on in his career playing the songs, while the audio playing is the live versions from from Zakks tenure.. :?
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

One thing I can't for the life of me understand how with tribute (taken from 2 shows - not counting the last tracks from South Hampton),that with Max,Ozzy corrected the words to Believer yet never picked a decent show (Tommy confirmed - all was recorded) and fixed Over The Mountain. Hell,at this point I don't care he messed up the words. Give us something. Kallamzoo is the best to date yet,claims "There is no recordings" bullshit. They can digitally remaster his farts but,no - stuff in the vault can't be done. "Hey Sharon,let's rehash a shit show that I fucked up the words to but,sell it as new". I blame her alot but,this is now on Ozzy's head. I imagine Duff McKegan laughed at the deal he made to help make last and the new album but,he was smart and knew going in from Bob not to deal with the Osbournes. My point is people have to stop enabling this asshole/family. Shame on the Rhoads family too. They know Bob want's to do good and could use that to make something epic with the Osbournes but,worried about the out of court wrongfull death deal and tarnishing his memory. 40 + years of babying....we all have our warts,things in our closets. He was no saint. Get over it. My brother is an asshole yet,his friends want to hang out with me because I am cool. Does that mean I'm better and should shun or protect him. Hell no. I tell them the same...family - warts and all. Just my point of view if anyone understands.