Just thinking...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Just thinking...

Post by Paul Wolfe »

This morning I have been on an Alice Cooper binge. While I was watching Ryan Roxie describe his guitars amps, etc on a Rig Rundown video, I was overwhelmed with the thought of how cool it'd be to see Randy discuss his rig.

The other thing I couldn't shake was the thought that Randy, at some point, would've been onstage with Alice. How damn cool would that have been?
No1UNo
Cool Member

Re: Just thinking...

Post by No1UNo »

You know, Paul - barring his developing emphysema and hoping that he would've quit the cigarettes at some point, I'm sure Randy would've had some of the very coolest opportunities to sit on studio sessions and to tour as part of a live band if he wanted. He had such an appreciation for all forms of music and styles, one can only wonder what he would've done in the future. Being just outside of Boston, I personally wonder if he ever would've considered a short or long term teaching opportunity at Berklee School of Music...he had so much of wanting to teach and help others in him. After the supposed 3rd Ozzy studio album and tour he was contracted to do, would he have gone to UCLA for his studies or back to Quiet Riot as their popularity was peaking? After time away from Ozzy, would a reunion album or tour with him been in the cards - can you imagine Randy shredding on some of Jake's or Zakk's stuff? A lot of really interesting "ifs" that we'll never know.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Re: Just thinking...

Post by stealaway »

That's the greatest loss and all the lost possibilities all in one, with Randy's passing 😕 One can only imagine, what he would have done...
Mikel