Proof of More Port Vale Footage??

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

theykilledkenny

Proof of More Port Vale Footage??

Post by theykilledkenny »

Here's a pic of RR I haven't seen before. Taken by Shari Worcester. Shows him walking toward stage left with the Concorde.

But look in the background, on the left of the frame. Does anyone else clearly see a person holding something like a professional video camera pointing it to Tommy's drum set?

Photo was uploaded by Dwayne Bradshaw and shared to the Randy Rhoads Metal Army page on Facebook.
Attachments
RR Port Vale 1981.jpg
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: Proof of More Port Vale Footage??

Post by Shockwave »

Na it’s just a camera. There are a few other photographs of that guy taking pics. There is thread here discussing port vale and all the photos.

Still a good chance there is video though.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

I have a copy of that photo, it came with a batch of photos from ebay years ago. Very good photos from Port Vale and quite dark ones from Hammersmith 1980. Good photos still :lol:
Mikel
theykilledkenny

Post by theykilledkenny »

Shockwave wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:22 am Na it’s just a camera. There are a few other photographs of that guy taking pics. There is thread here discussing port vale and all the photos.

Are there picture cameras that have hand holds like video ones do?
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

theykilledkenny wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:20 am
Shockwave wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:22 am Na it’s just a camera. There are a few other photographs of that guy taking pics. There is thread here discussing port vale and all the photos.

Are there picture cameras that have hand holds like video ones do?
yes the base camera could be much larger back then compared to today.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

A bit food for thought i think we have all seen the footage of Randy talking to Motorhead before his gig at HMH Portvale '81.. If your new here i was lucky to find some footage from the same gig and i uploaded it to youtube..The footage is literally from the same area but Randy was not seen in this footage. From what i can work out Randy must of went onto the stage early as my footage shows Ozzy kick starting their gig.. If you look at the Randy clip i mentioned, at the very end you get a fast glimpse of Rudy he's holding his bass. So they must of both entered the stage from 'stage left'. As far as i'm aware the small vid footage must be from another camera man. He is in the same place and we've only seen that short 30 second vid. Colin Taylor, Philthy Animal Taylor's dad shot the footage i found. But this is very brief but you can here the tracks being played while he is shooting the walls, crowd and everything but the band. Alas he was an amature photographer and just there to film his son. As the footage continues and he is alongside Philthy filming him during the Hammer and other tracks.