Any news on possible footage coming out?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

orion_damage
Mass Poster

Any news on possible footage coming out?

Post by orion_damage »

I figured with Randy getting the hall of fame nod that maybe that might spark something. Any grumbles of something possibly happening? I really thought something was going to happen a couple of years back but that went up in flames. Not 100% on the reason for the failure. For those that aren't aware, I believe that was a Minnesota or Michigan show. Apparently there were a couple of shows.

These clips:
https://youtu.be/E4k6oWf9ggs
stealaway
Mass Poster

Re: Any news on possible footage coming out?

Post by stealaway »

Yes, there are propably few shows out there, that we know of. Any video-footage with Randy would be worth releasing, at least from the fan's point of view!!!
Mikel
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Diary 40th anniversary is the best bet. The No More Tears 30th anniversary is being released in September. I’ll bet within 2-3 weeks after that release we will get a 40th anniversary announcement of Diary. Diary’s anniversary is in November.

Keep in mind the expanded edition of Diary was already completed and been ready for release since 2010. No doubt they held off releasing it to make bank on it in a separate release from the 30th anniversary boxset (of blizzard)
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Let's see if Osbournes can come to terms with Bob Daisley... Bob's holy grail would be the ultimate Randy Rhoads-release, along with unreleased footage.
Mikel
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Shockwave wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:16 pm Diary 40th anniversary is the best bet. The No More Tears 30th anniversary is being released in September. I’ll bet within 2-3 weeks after that release we will get a 40th anniversary announcement of Diary. Diary’s anniversary is in November.

Keep in mind the expanded edition of Diary was already completed and been ready for release since 2010. No doubt they held off releasing it to make bank on it in a separate release from the 30th anniversary boxset (of blizzard)
Man, that would be great. Any idea on a possible show or clip? I know Kathy has mentioned that they are in possession of footage.

I'm not holding my breath though, being a Randy fan comes with a lot of disappointment unfortunately.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

stealaway wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:38 pm Let's see if Osbournes can come to terms with Bob Daisley... Bob's holy grail would be the ultimate Randy Rhoads-release, along with unreleased footage.
This! I really want this to happen in Bob's lifetime.. It's bad enough Randy and Lee are gone and we've yet to get to listen to this.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

orion_damage wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:55 pm
Shockwave wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:16 pm Diary 40th anniversary is the best bet. The No More Tears 30th anniversary is being released in September. I’ll bet within 2-3 weeks after that release we will get a 40th anniversary announcement of Diary. Diary’s anniversary is in November.

Man, that would be great. Any idea on a possible show or clip? I know Kathy has mentioned that they are in possession of footage.

I'm not holding my breath though, being a Randy fan comes with a lot of disappointment unfortunately.
Everything connected to Randy turns to shit for the fans. I've given up expecting anything. If it happens then it's a bonus.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Was there ever any indication of what would be included in a Diary Expanded Edition?
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

alborg wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:33 am

Was there ever any indication of what would be included in a Diary Expanded Edition?

From the original 2010 marketing material for the 30 years after boxset it showed a picture of all the cd’s included with the set. The two cd’s that were changed at the last minute were. You could actually see the runtimes of the songs on the cd cover and they were much longer than what we have.

1. Ozzy Live - This was originally the full 1980 Southampton show
2. Diary Expanded Edition- This had the full songs past the fade outs. Those would be the full versions of the songs YKCRR, Believer, Little Dolls, Tonight.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

stealaway wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:38 pm Let's see if Osbournes can come to terms with Bob Daisley... Bob's holy grail would be the ultimate Randy Rhoads-release, along with unreleased footage.
This would be more appropriate for a 50th anniversary release of both albums. 10 years from now Bob and Ozzy will both likely be passed. It really depends who Bob leaves everything in his will to and what they do with it at that point. Jack Osbourne will likely be running the show for Ozzy releases in the future and he is very big into documentaries/history, so he would love to work on a release like this.

It’s the same with who all these people are holding Randy footage. Once they die there kids or whomever else will inherit what they have. Those that inherit it won’t really care about what the reasons were for holding onto it like that and never releasing it. They will likely sell it off within a couple years.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Shockwave wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:26 am
alborg wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:33 am

From the original 2010 marketing material for the 30 years after boxset it showed a picture of all the cd’s included with the set. The two cd’s that were changed at the last minute were. You could actually see the runtimes of the songs on the cd cover and they were much longer than what we have.

1. Ozzy Live - This was originally the full 1980 Southampton show
2. Diary Expanded Edition- This had the full songs past the fade outs. Those would be the full versions of the songs YKCRR, Believer, Little Dolls, Tonight.
That's awesome. The full versions are exactly what would make it worth buying again.
Fingers crossed...
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Shockwave wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:33 am
This would be more appropriate for a 50th anniversary release of both albums. 10 years from now Bob and Ozzy will both likely be passed. It really depends who Bob leaves everything in his will to and what they do with it at that point. Jack Osbourne will likely be running the show for Ozzy releases in the future and he is very big into documentaries/history, so he would love to work on a release like this.

It’s the same with who all these people are holding Randy footage. Once they die there kids or whomever else will inherit what they have. Those that inherit it won’t really care about what the reasons were for holding onto it like that and never releasing it. They will likely sell it off within a couple years.
10 years from now the world will be a different place.. Most fans will be pretty old or no longer around. Best release everything while you can make $$$ and people can enjoy the damn thing.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

alborg wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:58 am
Shockwave wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:33 am

10 years from now the world will be a different place.. Most fans will be pretty old or no longer around. Best release everything while you can make $$$ and people can enjoy the damn thing.
Eh, I wouldn’t go that far. Sure most of us will be older but not on our deathbed lol. Let’s say that most Randy fans from that generation were 15-20 years old in 1980. Using born in 1960 they will be 60 years old in 2025. That’s not old by any stretch and you have at least another 10-15 years of decent living left at that point if you lived a somewhat healthy life. More than likely 20 years of life left as I think the average age until croaking is around or approaching 80 now.

Or you could die right after reading this 😢
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Exactly!!! Osbournes would do us a favour by releasing all that stuff and cashing in on it!!! Ozzy on his own does not bear that much merit, anyway. Not to me anyway. To me, it's either Ozzy with Black Sabbath or with Randy. I maybe prefer Blizzard Of Ozz the band, but I don't mind Rudy, Tommy or Don either. To me, Randy Rhoads is right there with Jimi Hendrix, Paul Kossoff, Tommy Bolin, Michael Schenker and Uli Jon Roth. Those guitarists + Eric Clapton, Eddie Van Halen and Yngwie Malmsteen are all unique in their playing. Hearing Randy Rhoads first time was a thrill!!!
Mikel
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

stealaway wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:58 pm Exactly!!! Osbournes would do us a favour by releasing all that stuff and cashing in on it!!! Ozzy on his own does not bear that much merit, anyway. Not to me anyway. To me, it's either Ozzy with Black Sabbath or with Randy. I maybe prefer Blizzard Of Ozz the band, but I don't mind Rudy, Tommy or Don either. To me, Randy Rhoads is right there with Jimi Hendrix, Paul Kossoff, Tommy Bolin, Michael Schenker and Uli Jon Roth. Those guitarists + Eric Clapton, Eddie Van Halen and Yngwie Malmsteen are all unique in their playing. Hearing Randy Rhoads first time was a thrill!!!
I think the cashing in part for the Osbourne’s is widely overstated. On any of the past boxset releases they did not make much. The last boxset ozzy released they only made 5,000 copies. At the most that’s only around 750k gross if they sold it for $150. Then minus all the other fees such as production and marketing they are lucky to clear 200k after taxes. Streaming is there but won’t result in magically selling thousands of copies more. Usually the online box sets are watered down versions and don’t include everything anyway.

If ozzy wants to make money he could do a commercial or go back on tour and make a 100x more than he would off a boxset. That’s likely why Bob’s grail is never going to be released why they are both alive. Bob is asking too much for something that realistically won’t bring in much money.