Crazy Train and other books

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

stealaway
Mass Poster

Crazy Train and other books

Post by stealaway »

I just found my copy of "Crazy Train; The High Life And Tragic Death Of Randy Rhoads". Haven't read it since I got it when it first came out. Any opinions on this book or any other books on Randy? Bob Daisley's + Steven Rosen/Andrew Klein-book and Kelly Garni's "Angels With Dirty Faces" are my personal favourites.
Are there any other good ones out there?
Mikel
stealaway
Mass Poster

Re: Crazy Train and other books

Post by stealaway »

Choice of cover was always bit too obvious to me. I'm gonna read it again to see what it was like 8)
Attachments
20210707_211614.jpg
Mikel
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Well, well... I have now read this again and oh my, how many mistakes and flaws there are in this book. No wonder I read it only once... And no wonder no-one ever talks about this book :|
Mikel
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Instead of making a new thread, I´ll post these here. I haven´t seen them too often...
Attachments
Ozzy, Randy.jpg
diarystage.jpg
Mikel
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

stealaway wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:33 pm Instead of making a new thread, I´ll post these here. I haven´t seen them too often...
The wide stage shot is awesome.

I would love to see footage from the diary tour but even better would be footage of the original line up gigs. Oh well.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I seen this recently it's probably what John Stix did on Randy in the guitar player magazines. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Randy-Rhoads-T ... B095GFYDB8
Attachments
RR book John Stix.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

i've got all the books you mentioned apart from Kelly Garni's "Angels With Dirty Faces". I wouldn't mind a copy of it but it is hard to find now. Plus the Quiet Riot book and dvd docu by Ron Sobol
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Kelly's book is highly recommeneded!!! Great stories about Randy and early Quiet Riot + Kelly's life of course :D
Mikel
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:50 am I seen this recently it's probably what John Stix did on Randy in the guitar player magazines. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Randy-Rhoads-T ... B095GFYDB8
I bought that after Kelly Garni recommended it. It's a VERY short read and nothing new. It's pretty much the same old "Randy was a saint" story. It was interesting to me because it brought back memories of reading all of those articles back in the day.

Over all, I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't have all the old magazines already.