Randy Rhoads by Ross Halfin - Preorders start today.

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Randy Rhoads by Ross Halfin - Preorders start today.

Post by Shockwave »

Ross's book is finally up for ordering today.

http://www.rufuspublications.com/randyrhoads
stealaway
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Rhoads by Ross Halfin - Preorders start today.

Post by stealaway »

Finally!!! I'm going to place my order!!!
Mikel
No1UNo
Cool Member

Post by No1UNo »

It looks like quite a book! Well put together and well made - it will make those old, 80's HM Photo Books look like kids magazines!

I ordered the standard book for $128.70 (99 Pounds), and $32.50 to ship it to America. Expensive, but quite a piece of memorabilia with some promised treasures inside. I think they promise to deliver it sometime in August.

The other versions - some autographed by Ozzy and Ross, begin at 299 Pounds and go up to 2,000 Pounds. I just wanted the pictures and didn't think their autographs were worth that much - plus waiting an extra 3 months for delivery.

Glad I have something to look forward to at the end of the summer. It's fantastic that Ross did this, and without fanfare or obstacles.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It looks cool but why are they just over priced. Yeah yeah I get the photographers need to earn a wage but honestly I've seen books that are better quality and not as pricey. Unseen photos.. Well that will be very difficult to do unless Ross has Randy doing the naked guitar solo pose. Ross put out a couple of books in the 80's for under £10. Why can he not produce a similar package now. Pre sale madness and the high end 2k books have sold out.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

I bet the concents cannot be all unseen photos. I would presume that Ross has now used those photos that were considered unusable back in the day. Might be good ones still + those we have already seem. Yes, they seem to be always too expensive...
Mikel
richard emms

Post by richard emms »

Ordered mine, and went for the signed by Ozzy and Ross. Haven't bought a lot for myself lately and this is a real treat to have something that's so close to owning an original photo. I would love to see a few other shots of the tribute album cover as you can see the flash go off a few times in the video.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The Tribute album's cover photo was taken at a performance in Rosemont, Illinois on 24 January 1982, by photographer Paul Natkin. I'm not sure if Ross Halfin was at this gig.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Have these books been delayed i've not heard anyone saying they've received theirs ??? anyone ???
clashradio
Cool Member

Post by clashradio »

I received an email August 13th (see below)

"Dear Randy Rhoads Fan,
The book has finally been signed off by everyone involved. This took longer than expected. It has gone to print, in the UK, this week.
Ever since Brexit was finalized in January and with the ongoing effects of the COVID crises we have experienced severe production delays.
This has been due to material issues, staff shortages or company closures during this difficult time.
So, we have have had to find new, UK based, suppliers. This has taken a while and finally we have found two companies we can work with in an ongoing capacity and hopefully resolve our production issues.
So, this week the Randy Rhoads book went to press about 4 weeks later than expected. This means that instead of shipping this month it will ship in September.
At the moment I cant give you a precise date but we will ensure it is a great job and looks absolutely brilliant.
You will be kept up to date and once shipping starts you will be given full tracking details.
We do apologize for the delay and we sincerely hope you will bear with us.
Kind Regards

The Rufus Team"
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Thats odd since Ozzy spent a couple days with Ross signing the various book copies months ago?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Any updates on this book ? That email said it would be out in September...It's the 1st of October tomorrow.
clashradio
Cool Member

Post by clashradio »

I sent another message on Oct 5th since they originally said it would ship in September. Below is their reply:

"Good morning Jason,

As we had stated in the email we sent to the mailing list, there was a delay with the Randy Rhoads books due to getting the book signed off. There have also been knock-on effects due to a printing quality issue of one of our previous books which led us to getting a new, well-established printer based in Wales.

The Randy Rhoads books were printed and bound 5 weeks ago. We are still waiting on the slipcases to be finished so that we can start the shipping process. They are having supply difficulties and in reality, we are expecting at least another 2 weeks until we start shipping.

As always, we appreciate just how patient you have been during this process.

We apologise for the delays in the getting you the books. Please believe us when we tell you that this is just as frustrating for us!

Many thanks
Jamie"

Are you guys not receiving these emails? I assume you're on the mailing list like Jamie said?
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

I ordered the deluxe edition and I've received fuck all emails explaining the delay.. Piss poor customer service.
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

I haven't heard anything since the original "there's a little snag" email on August 13th.. thanks for the update.
No1UNo
Cool Member

Post by No1UNo »

I have received a UPS tracking number that said my standard book (no autographs or fancy stuff) is arriving by the end of the day on Wednesday, October 28th. I'll just be digesting it when Randy is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of fame on Saturday night. Great timing, and if I can will follow up with my opinion to give folks an idea of what's in the book (and if it's worth the hefty price) but not spoil it for anyone.