Blizzard 1980 UK ticket + signature

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Blizzard 1980 UK ticket + signature

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I was very lucky to get this item cheap on ebay.I already have this ticket stub but i liked the idea that it was signed by Bob Daisley. I took a chance with it, as the signature was not shown in the description.I didn't have time to ask for a look at the item,so i took a gamble.But like i said i picked this up for a few pounds.I'm surprised that his signature has hardly changed since 1980. I had a quick look at the one Simon got from him last year.People's signatures change alot over the years but this one is very much the same. A bonus to this is the ticket is still whole probably with the signature going onto the tear off portion.The original owner has probably asked the door man on admission if he could keep the whole ticket. A very nice addition to my collection.. :lol: :wink: :lol:
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Coolness, Shaun!
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Sarab wrote:Coolness, Shaun!
Thats a really cool find Shaun, hadn't the seller thought to look at the reverse of the stub? :? :wink: :lol:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

A good find there mate. I remember this date well, Sheffield is just over an hour from where I live and I remember been gutted 'cos as I was only 15 my Mam would'nt let me go. Luckily when they added extra dates my home town was included, thankfully, as that was my one and only time I got to see Randy in concert.
Shaun, remember me telling you about that old friend of mine who promised me some old memorabillia from the Ozzy /Randy era? well don't get excited 'cos I've still heard sod all from him, but he went to this Sheffield gig and he's supposedly got a denim jacket signed by all the band except Ozzy as well as a few photo's from the concert, but he could be speaking out of his arse 'cos he seems to have done a dissapearing act.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote:A good find there mate. I remember this date well, Sheffield is just over an hour from where I live and I remember been gutted 'cos as I was only 15 my Mam would'nt let me go. Luckily when they added extra dates my home town was included, thankfully, as that was my one and only time I got to see Randy in concert.
Shaun, remember me telling you about that old friend of mine who promised me some old memorabillia from the Ozzy /Randy era? well don't get excited 'cos I've still heard sod all from him, but he went to this Sheffield gig and he's supposedly got a denim jacket signed by all the band except Ozzy as well as a few photo's from the concert, but he could be speaking out of his arse 'cos he seems to have done a dissapearing act.
Yeah Gaz I think if your mate was going to pass any of his collection your way he would of done it before now.I talk to alot of people and i hear stories about the signing that Ozzy and the band did in a record/music shop in town.They did a signing the afternoon of one of the Newcastle 1980 dates.I'm hoping to see the guy that has this item up for grabs.Sheffield was the same they did a signing in a record shop 'Valances' and i have a few signed items from that time.Two ticket stubs from the Sheffield (Oval) City Hall the one above and one with a bad Ozzy sig and a Randy sig.Plus a signed Ozzy 1980 programme which is missing Lee Kerslake.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Trigger wrote:
Sarab wrote:Coolness, Shaun!
Thats a really cool find Shaun, hadn't the seller thought to look at the reverse of the stub? :? :wink: :lol:
Well Ian the seller knew it was signed but the description says it all

OZZY OSBOURNE - A RARE UN-USED TICKET STUB - PROB EARLY 1980s,

TUES 7 OCT @ SHEFFIELD CITY HALL

CONDITION - GOOD,INTACT,WITH AUTOGRAPH TO REAR - BOB ??

But for £3.70 you cannot grumble eh! :lol:
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Good to see all four Blizzard autographs there.
Ozzy's autograph has hardly changed over the years, it just depends how many he has got to do in one go, 'cos it can just end up looking like a squiggle if he's in a hurry. The last time I got Ozzy's autograph was in 1999 and looks pretty much the same as the one on the Blizzasrd poster, but my No More Tears CD he signed in 1992 is just a mess, but thats only because there were tons of us hanging around the tour bus and he had loads to sign, but I've gotta admit he signed everything that was put in front of him.
I don't know what the chances of meeting him and getting him to sign anything these days is, maybe he'll do a Ringo Starr and basically say "Fuck the lot of ya, I ain't signing anything anymore." The miserable bastard.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I remember trying to get near Ritchie Blackmore he played a gig with Rainbow in the early 80's at the City Hall Newcastle.All the other band members signed stuff for the fans.Ritchie turned up in a Transit van and he was lying on the floor in the back.The van pulled up as close to the stage door as it could get and he got out of the side sliding door.It was a proper military operation.I wouldn't care i seen him a year later and he was just walking from the tour bus with his body guards etc.He actually signed a photo i had of him.But to hide from the fans and avoid them is pure Rock Star stuff. They want to remember that if it wasn't for the fans buying the CD's merchendise etc and going to the gigs they'd be nobody..
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

That's bob's signature alright :)

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

the 2nd looks fake. waaaaayyy too neat. none look authentic.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

wareagle wrote:the 2nd looks fake. waaaaayyy too neat. none look authentic.
What makes you think that these are not authentic apart from them looking waaaaaaaayyy too neat ? :lol:
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

well, it doesnt even come close to other sigs ive seen. espeically randy's. judgeing from his former sigs, and his handwriting on letters that hes written, it woulda taken months for him to sign it that neat, almost computer like. idk bout the others, ozzy's looks o.k. ive nver seen lee's or daisley's before. but if one is fake, i wouldnt buy it.