Mr.crowley, crazy train

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

wareagle
Mass Poster

Mr.crowley, crazy train

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Wareagle

On My i Tunes, where Mr Crowley is playing as I write from I can hear the harmonic begins on 5:14. The harmonic turns into feedback.

If you mean about 1 minute 5 seconds into Crazy Train Randy plays the first fours notes in 3rds (the two notes are an interval of a 3rd apart) of the A Major scale before going back down to the second note of the scale.

I hope that helps.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

yes its at 1 min 3 secs, thnx, tht did, im also guessing its very high on the fretboard im guessing the octave of a, and isnt he using phyrgian?
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

It is just good old plain A major I think 8)

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

not in the solo, i hate to sound like a complete ass but ive studied him countlessly even though i havent been playing for long, he starts on the extended phyrgian, and moves up to the normal phyrgian, the hits the (high)extended phyrgian. in the little riff he does in the chorus hes also useing phrygian. and same with the riff he does in the verse, the first fast one. im almost positive.

-wareagle
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

my bad i meant aeolian, its f# aeolian, which in turn would be a major. sorry about that, the solo is in f# aeolian tho. sorry bout tht.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

wareagle wrote:my bad i meant aeolian, its f# aeolian, which in turn would be a major. sorry about that, the solo is in f# aeolian tho. sorry bout tht.
ha ha :D :D no problem. It is good to have an enquiring mind.

That part (1:03) is major or Ionian (1st degree of the scale).

And yes I do believe new friend that the solo uses Aeolian (Natural minor scales) as well as other scales.

So how long have you been playing? It is great you seem so passionate about it!

Matt