http://www.marshallamps.com/product_ran ... ode=1959RR

Or the frontpage.. CHECK IT OUT :shock:

Any ideas what the price will be?
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

That l;ooks really cool 8) and they are so respecful to Randy :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

kinda came out of nowhere, were the rhoads family involved in this???

i hope its a permanent model and not just limited edition so that marshal can make some extra cash :? I also hope that it is in fact based on randys and not just designed how some fool guesses randys was designed and presumably modded.

the only difference it seems to have from similar model marshals is a cascade mod, im not entirely sure what that does :?

i reckon it will cost around £800 unless its handwired in which case probably double.
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

EMAIL wrote: Randy Rhoads Signature 1959 Marshall Superlead

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today @10 pm in Anahiem California Marshall Amplification unvaild the new Randy Rhoads signature series amp at the NAMM show.

The film crew was onsite along with the Rhoads family and friends. Pictures will be posted in this thread soon!

http://fpath.com/film/1959rr.swf
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

nice im glad it was done with the family's blessings. 8)

so obvious question, whos gonna buy one? i cant im skint :lol:

unless someone would accept a fiver, maybe if i learn to use matts ladykiller face...
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

No money, altough I want it more than anything in the world..

Or a Gibson Les Paul Cream, like Randy's one 8)
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

:shock: 8)
Some revelations here too:
Cascade mod...., that means a mastervolume if I understand correctly. Makes it more like a 2203. Also no Kt88's or 6550 tubes like everybody always said..... but EL34's.
This gonna cost me something..... :( :lol:
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Re: 1959RR

Post by siro_angel »

now thats what i'd buy :cool: if i have the money of course ;)

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

The Flying Dutchman wrote: Some revelations here too:
Cascade mod...., that means a mastervolume if I understand correctly. Makes it more like a 2203. Also no Kt88's or 6550 tubes like everybody always said..... but EL34's.
This gonna cost me something..... :( :lol:
im asumming the cascade mod means the pre-amp valves are driven harder than they would normaly be at any given level, so you can get more drive at lower volume. Regardless I think it means its more like a 2203. Thats my guesss anyway :?
alex1251

Post by alex1251 »

damn. I need a job now. hopefully it is no more than $1250 USD. Are they making a cab for it too?
Goodbye to romance, yeah
Goodbye to friends,
Goodbye to all the Past
I guess that we'll meet
We'll meet in the end
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

One of the pics on the Marshall site shows it sitting atop a 4x12 slant cab covered in white Tolex...so I'm assuming they do. I need this amp like I need another hole in my head, but damn...I have got to get my hands on one.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
alex1251

Post by alex1251 »

i was looking at the back side picture of the head and it says limited edition. :cry:
Goodbye to romance, yeah
Goodbye to friends,
Goodbye to all the Past
I guess that we'll meet
We'll meet in the end
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

That's cool. Seeing RR's name out there more is always super rad. You know, speaking about Randy's tone, I'm not a big fan of it on BOO. Diary and Tribute are great though, tone wise.
What I'm also not a big fan of is probably how much they're going to charge for it. Sad but true.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

NicDots wrote:That's cool. Seeing RR's name out there more is always super rad. You know, speaking about Randy's tone, I'm not a big fan of it on BOO. Diary and Tribute are great though, tone wise.
What I'm also not a big fan of is probably how much they're going to charge for it. Sad but true.
Blizzard was quite midly ill agree with you on that, but I think for the times it worked well. Especially with Max's lack of experience, at the time.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Tribute is the first guitar tone I heard and I loved, and still love it.
Diary I thought sounded great but not so 'alive' as the Tribute.

The musicianship on Blizzard is ball breaking but I have to admit I think the production is very, very dated.

I have albums like Strange Days by the Doors that stand up now pretty well and they are 41 years old.

I very rarely listen to Blizzard Of Ozz.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt