Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Knoxville 3/18/82

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Didn't see this on here:

https://youtu.be/_xan4ZTFNxU

Apparently the full show will be posted "soon"...
AceVader
Cool Member

Re: Knoxville 3/18/82

Post by AceVader »

GREAT Post, thank you! Incredible to hear that, and very very sad to think it was his last one.
Rhoadsfan266

Post by Rhoadsfan266 »

Sounds like 1/15/82 to me
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Rhoadsfan266 wrote:Sounds like 1/15/82 to me

That's in the video comments as well
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

That guy post stuff all the time and a lot of it is mislabeled. A lot his comments make no sense as well. But we are supposed to believe him because he was a student of Randy’s and lived next to him. I’m sure Randy was sending soundboard tapes to him after every show while with Ozzy.. :D

This show is in fact 1/15/82. I just compared the two and it’s evident within the first 15 seconds. He has also posted the same shows in the past on different occasions and labeled them differently. :roll:
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

I thought it was awfully familiar, but with him doing almost the same solo every night I just figured, I'm not really the expert and took it at face value.

Ah well.
mike_campos

Post by mike_campos »

encouragement not discouragement is what a true randy fan would want ,gotta appreciate anybody who has something to share especially something sweet as that ,i posted lot's of my collection that took decades to acquire and know it can take one guy to ruin a good gesture ,by judging it before you have or heard it . i got impression that is what happen with him,about this matter of sharing show with everyone ,hope i'm wrong .
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

mike_campos wrote:encouragement not discouragement is what a true randy fan would want ,gotta appreciate anybody who has something to share especially something sweet as that ,i posted lot's of my collection that took decades to acquire and know it can take one guy to ruin a good gesture ,by judging it before you have or heard it . i got impression that is what happen with him,about this matter of sharing show with everyone ,hope i'm wrong .
I do agree with you on all of that. I do follow what that guy post for the most part and some of his labelings are just flat out wrong. If I feel something is wrong I will always point it out. The main reason I will try to correct it is that sometimes I will see hundreds of comments from people believing what was shown for pictures, audio, or video, when its not the case. Now you have hundreds of fans thinking that something like the 02/08/82 Cobo show took place in 1980 with "Bob Kerslake" :D

Outside of the family and those that were close to Randy while on tour with Ozzy I think we know the most about his history. We owe it to the next generation of Randy fans to pass down what we know to them. Sort of how a lot of us got our info from RR.TK and then continued gaining more on top of that here at UR.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

woahhhh if that really knoxville, that's a show I may not be able to make myself listen to. that would be too real.
I went ahead and rode the white horse
mike_campos

Post by mike_campos »

i have the recordings,its a new hard to find board show that says san antonio3-15-82 ,it is identical to the knoxville solo ,it may be knoxville because the 3-15-82 date is wrong,they did'nt play that night,also the sound is better then the cd i paid big bucks for.
great to hear soundboard but the echo that randy got into on lhis last days sounds best on kalamazoo show. still like to hear his recording ,great sound quality
joediesle

Post by joediesle »

Any chance of putting a link up so we can hear the whole show.