Can we please fix the links to on The Free Audio Section?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mike_campos

Re: Can we please fix the links to on The Free Audio Section

Post by mike_campos »

https://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145

posted cool lossless stuff over there !
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

I have almost all of it. Including some stuff I dont think is posted in there. If anyone wants anything specific, shoot me a p.m. I'm happy to share it. I think Randy's stuff should be easily available to any of his fans, I'll always share anything I have. If I post it publicly, I'm afraid it would be abused or taken down. Or Sharon might get upset.
No1UNo
Cool Member

Post by No1UNo »

Thank you - totally appreciate you sharing what you have! Awesome, and excited to hear shows that I've never heard!!
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

No1UNo wrote:Thank you - totally appreciate you sharing what you have! Awesome, and excited to hear shows that I've never heard!!
Yup yup. Like I said, if you want anything specific, let me know. I'll keep uploading to that folder I linked you to. I just added a few within the last half hour. Chelmsford is a great early show that I just added. I think it's hilarious when he makes the little dig at Randy before SS. And the spotlight solo rips especially hard in that one for some reason. Plus. it's got Lee on drums which is a rare treat, and of course he destroys it. His solo is fantastic. Love Tommy, too, but neat to hear Lee still with them.
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

Just added a Long Beach show which is fantastic except the audio is too heavy in the left channel. But it's a GREAT show. Randy was really on fire that night. And it's not the NYE show, though I'll upload that, too.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

shawn wrote:As I type this I am listening to new Bon Scott ACDC bootlegs I have never heard. The Bon bootlegs are of stunning quality too, just mind blowing. After all this time new Bon material surfaces every now and then and of a quality that is so fucking impressive its awesome. Old bootlegs are cleaned up and re-released to make listening to them a new experience basically.

Why not Randy! It is simply bullshit of the highest order! Randy's live playing is awe inspiring, I know his playing can still energise a new generation of guitarists.

I believe the extraordinary amount of background wankery that has surrounded Randy's legacy has crushed many of the releases we could all be sharing. Let me be absolutely clear here. I mean some of us fans are fuckwits and have done and said some bullshits of the highest order, and the same can be said of those that are meant to champion his legacy. The blame can be spread on all sides.

Think of the Randy Rhoads fans that have now also passed on without hearing or seeing some new material. I don't mean new songs, I'm talking about re mastered live gigs and the now proven live shoots. I guess that is what will happen to many of us, we will die knowing there is material out there that we are not going to see or hear.

I am full of hope though ... one of these days, yeah one of these days something will surface I will listen in awe and the police will be called for excessive noise complaints as Randy pushes speaker cones to their limits.
Well said. It seems like every time something associated with Randy comes up it gets fucked up.. So sad for his legacy and his fans. You look at what the Hendrix Estate has done to keep his name current and you can only shake your head in frustration and sadness. So much of Randy's legacy is wrapped up in Bullshit and Greed... Hopefully we shall see some fitting projects in our lifetime.
mike_campos

Post by mike_campos »

AceVader wrote:
No1UNo wrote:Thank you - totally appreciate you sharing what you have! Awesome, and excited to hear shows that I've never heard!!
Yup yup. Like I said, if you want anything specific, let me know. I'll keep uploading to that folder I linked you to. I just added a few within the last half hour. Chelmsford is a great early show that I just added. I think it's hilarious when he makes the little dig at Randy before SS. And the spotlight solo rips especially hard in that one for some reason. Plus. it's got Lee on drums which is a rare treat, and of course he destroys it. His solo is fantastic. Love Tommy, too, but neat to hear Lee still with them.

do you have ,knoxville show ,(last show)this guy on you tube say's he has it ,do you ??love a lossless version of it !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xan4ZTFNxU
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

mike_campos wrote:
AceVader wrote:

do you have ,knoxville show ,(last show)this guy on you tube say's he has it ,do you ??love a lossless version of it !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xan4ZTFNxU
It was mentioned in the thread here about it that it's the Minneapolis show and after listening to it I totally agree. Happy to share that show with you.