Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Yes, there must be footage somewhere!
91%
No, all there is we've seen already .
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 239

alborg
Cool Member

Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Post by alborg »

Lespauly wrote:Sure it does but its gonna show Ozzy in a bad light..He was drunk and messed up nearly every show from what Rudy says in his book and of course he would not want that out now-Ozzy has made his money and does not need any from a RR dvd..Maybe if Sharon spends it all we might get to see something of RR--maybe the documentary will stir up some interest from the record co. and as greedy as they are they might dig around and find something Oz put back and has forgot about...my 2 cents--
I actually think that after "The Osbourne's" TV show showed OZZY to be a buffoon then they wouldn't mind showing footage of the crazy unpredictable rocker OZZY that he was back then?... It can't do too much harm to his image these days regardless. I just wish all the bullshit from all angles regarding Randy would just end & something gets released. I also think the endless speculation & nit picking of everything by us fans is pretty negative & adds to everyone's frustration. Enjoy what we have & anything else that comes across will be a bonus.
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

Astral Plane wrote:.
I can remember vividly in school (before I was a fan) a friend of mine telling me that he watched an Ozzy concert on Mtv. He said "It was awesome Ozzy bit a chunk of raw meat, and threw it into the crowd"

Come on, if an ozzy concert with randy had been aired on MTV, we will have seen it by now...
Astral Plane

Post by Astral Plane »

Come on, if an ozzy concert with randy had been aired on MTV, we will have seen it by now...[/quote]

One would think so... This was said to me between 86-and 90, in elementary school at the time, so I cant remember the exact year. Thats why when I became a fan probably 5-7 years after he had said that, I looked high, and low for any footage of it, when I learned that there was hardly any footage of them playing together.
Seeing how theres no raw meat throwing in the show with Brad Gillis (as far as I know, never watched the whole thing) He definately was not talking about WASP, as they were known to do the raw meat thing also..
I cant figure for the life of me what he saw. But I'll never forget him telling me that, not being a fan at the time, I just said to myself "what the hell is so awesome about that" Maybe it was not a whole concert, I dont know, but I always remember him specifically mentioning the raw meat..
johnorlitta

Post by johnorlitta »

Your friend was probably referring to the concert dates that were announced on MTV during the tour.
"Mother, please show the children
Before it's too late
To fight each other, there's no one winning
We must fight all the hate"
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Several interviews, some interviews in print and some TV (ET) mention raw meat and throwing blood in the air and offer to the audience (ET). The 1982 Irvine show WAS shown on MTV's Saturday Night Concert but NO meat throwing as far as I remember. There was a dwarf that was hung and Ozzy smashed a cross. Anyone have the MTV version? In the Japanese Laserdisc and video, I noticed that Ozzy redid his vocals (off sync vid & aud). I bet the MTV vers was too because the spinning laser cross/bat was superimposed on it. There was also a Bark at the moon MTV '84 concert that cranked up the audience to cover Ozzy swearing. The Jap release has the swearing intact.
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

The lasers wernt put on after the gig, look at the stairs carefully and youll see glimmer off the mirrors.
blues_n_cues
Cool Member

Post by blues_n_cues »

i'm sure there are things like home movies & session tapes from the band and family that are saved for personal reasons or to keep $haron from getting her paws into it or filing injunctions or whatever.
maybe we'll see them before we all kick off but i doubt it as long as people are bickering about $$$.
personally, i could care less. i saw him live & met him shortly before the accident so i have my memories & a couple artifacts from that time in history.
fredhoffman1968

Post by fredhoffman1968 »

We allready know there is everybody is talking about the new footage from those folks in phoneix...but the question remains is the footage from phoneix...there was a sports celebrity who was recording everything that came through the summit in texas.....anyone ever heard of that?
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

Somthing will pop up any day now, yesterday some new elton john/john lennon live footage was uploaded to youtube after 37years of no film known to exist from the show, so im optimistic for now.
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

I feel something will pop up. New stuff pops up every week, and DMXR always posts golden stuff. There has got to be more out there
johnorlitta

Post by johnorlitta »

As an example of what might be - just this past week rare color photographs of San Francisco taken after the 1906 earthquake turned up. I would have never thought that color photos from 1906 would have even existed. Someone took those photos, stored them away, and then they were forgotten. So what are the chances that there is still video or photos of Randy that remain to be discovered? I think chances are pretty good.
"Mother, please show the children
Before it's too late
To fight each other, there's no one winning
We must fight all the hate"
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

good point. if something over 100 years ago was discovered, with camera's not being a common thing in that time, especially in color, shows up, something from 30 years ago is sure to pop up. I mean, everyone bootlegged shows, both on tapes and cassettes.
jimiforrest

Post by jimiforrest »

One has to wonder about this topic and there are various opinions.

Many of the venues doubled as sports arenas and many of these venues showed multiple camera angles during the concerts on their big screens. I know these types of recordings were used for many good quality live bootlegs. Van Halen in 1982 at the Capital Center (Largo, MD), Dokken in Philadelphia in 1987, etc.

Sorry if this particular aspect of this topic has already been covered but I simply don't have enough time to read through 26 pages of this thread. However, I would not be surprised if this kind of footage exists out there somewhere in regards to Randy. A lot of you might say that we would have seen it by now. Maybe true, but I'm not entirely sold on that. It could be locked away in a storage room without anyone realizing that it exists.

Peace,

Jimi
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

jimiforrest wrote:One has to wonder about this topic and there are various opinions.

Many of the venues doubled as sports arenas and many of these venues showed multiple camera angles during the concerts on their big screens. I know these types of recordings were used for many good quality live bootlegs. Van Halen in 1982 at the Capital Center (Largo, MD), Dokken in Philadelphia in 1987, etc.

Sorry if this particular aspect of this topic has already been covered but I simply don't have enough time to read through 26 pages of this thread. However, I would not be surprised if this kind of footage exists out there somewhere in regards to Randy. A lot of you might say that we would have seen it by now. Maybe true, but I'm not entirely sold on that. It could be locked away in a storage room without anyone realizing that it exists.

Peace,

Jimi
I'm sure I've said this before, but it makes ZERO sense to me that no more exists. Think about how much material exists from '81. LOTS more audio and video has surfaced from the Blizzard tour than from the Diary tour. Why?

Here you have a guy who used to be the singer for Sabbath, most people viewed him as washed up. He wasnt the "godfather of metal" then, he was a washed up has-been in most people's eyes. Then Blizzard is released and they go on tour. People realize, wow, this guy is for real, and WOW this kid on guitar is amazing!!

Ozzy gains some popularity and Randy begins to gain a reputation as the next big thing. I simply dont believe that LESS material exists from the later days when Ozzy and Randy were getting BIGGER. Somewhere, someone has more and better quality audio from '82, and someone has video. There isnt a doubt in my mind it exists. The question is, will we SEE it.
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

Well gentlemen, it looks like the answer is yes.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC