Great News

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Solos

Re: Great News

Post by Solos »

RhoadsRockPhotographer wrote:You guys are getting all worked up about what's going to amount to a "snippet" of video.

There won't be "multiple concerts worth" or even partial.

You'll see.

Sure, at least it's SOMETHING - but it won't be that much.
I don't want to be a downer, but I agree with this. Watch the video of Sharon answering the question about the films... she seems a bit uncomfortable at first. She's doing alot of squirming and is looking at the floor while talking. This leads me to believe she's either not being 100% truthful about it or there is some drama surrounding whether or not it can be released.

Hope I'm wrong. Two (or three) full shows with Randy would be pretty sweet.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Wow you ate terrible nudge of human behavior. Watch to much csi do we
Solos wrote:
RhoadsRockPhotographer wrote:You guys are getting all worked up about what's going to amount to a "snippet" of video.

There won't be "multiple concerts worth" or even partial.

You'll see.

Sure, at least it's SOMETHING - but it won't be that much.
I don't want to be a downer, but I agree with this. Watch the video of Sharon answering the question about the films... she seems a bit uncomfortable at first. She's doing alot of squirming and is looking at the floor while talking. This leads me to believe she's either not being 100% truthful about it or there is some drama surrounding whether or not it can be released.

Hope I'm wrong. Two (or three) full shows with Randy would be pretty sweet.
Solos

Post by Solos »

Shockwave wrote:Wow you ate terrible nudge of human behavior. Watch to much csi do we
Don't you ever notice that when people aren't being truthful with you they act like that? If not you need to start paying more attention... I tuned in to that video expecting a confident answer. The way Sharon reacted immediately struck me as odd.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Well .... I think for $haron Randy is still an emotional subject. That's all.
If it was up to her we had seen footage aleady 20 years ago! I think they will do a fine job!

btw: now they seem willing to burry their battle with Bob & Lee, could it be some footage from 1980 as well?
There has to be some kind of footage (pro or not) from that first Blizzard tour as well.....
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The whole 'footage' reaction by the 'fans' strikes me as cold as how Sharon may or may not have reacted.

They announce that they want to put out something and everyone jumps at '2 or 3 full shows'! I'd be happy with 1 full song that's better quality than what we've seen. The idea of hearing the studio albums with band member banter (ala Dee from Tribute) is more than enough for me.

Speculating on what 'might be' is one thing, but constantly shit talking Sharon for not putting out what the fans feel they deserve is pathetic. No one talks bad about Delores Rhoads when she asks Randy's former students not to put their lesson tapes online, so why always attack Sharon and Ozzy for moving forward in life and not continually living in 1982?

I'm surprised there's not more bitching that this is to be a box set which will likely be expensive. The Ozzy camp is doing something cool, whatever it is should be considered enough.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I have no problem with Sharon at all. She is a buisness woman at its best.

I find it funny how everyone loves her now after shit talking her for years. If your opinions or people are that easily managed then bla bla bla

Anyway enough of this on my phone, I'm gonna get some food with the kids, drink some beer then go downstairs and go to my desktop and then talk about all kinds of crap on here tonight. :)

Is there still a chat room? Not sure if I saved the link or not.

Paul Wolfe wrote:The whole 'footage' reaction by the 'fans' strikes me as cold as how Sharon may or may not have reacted.

They announce that they want to put out something and everyone jumps at '2 or 3 full shows'! I'd be happy with 1 full song that's better quality than what we've seen. The idea of hearing the studio albums with band member banter (ala Dee from Tribute) is more than enough for me.

Speculating on what 'might be' is one thing, but constantly shit talking Sharon for not putting out what the fans feel they deserve is pathetic. No one talks bad about Delores Rhoads when she asks Randy's former students not to put their lesson tapes online, so why always attack Sharon and Ozzy for moving forward in life and not continually living in 1982?

I'm surprised there's not more bitching that this is to be a box set which will likely be expensive. The Ozzy camp is doing something cool, whatever it is should be considered enough.
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Shockwave wrote:I have no problem with Sharon at all. She is a buisness woman at its best.

I find it funny how everyone loves her now after shit talking her for years. If your opinions or people are that easily managed then bla bla bla

Anyway enough of this on my phone, I'm gonna get some food with the kids, drink some beer then go downstairs and go to my desktop and then talk about all kinds of crap on here tonight. :)

Is there still a chat room? Not sure if I saved the link or not.

chat.php
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

shit i'll be chuggin too!!!lets get ta chattin fools!!!!!!!!!!!!oh and i love sharon so much!!!!!!kisses and tongues to her and ozzy!!!!!!!!!!
David

Post by David »

http://www.bravewords.com/news/139433

Its pretty much the same thing as the video I posted earlier, but it gives a full transcript of the interview that took place
Apparently there was a Q&A after also. I'm a bit disappointed no one asked a question about Randy.

From the interview:

"Metal" Tim: And I guess this will be another Sharon question: There’s also rumours of the Randy Rhoads DVD that is supposed to be coming out, that kinda footage.

Ozzy: "It's amazing. Just when you think you've seen it all or somebody finds more. It’s really good, one of the very early concerts in New York. I was watching and going 'wow, you know.' It’s really interesting. He’s a special guy, that guy. I wish he was still here to do music now, you know."
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

David wrote:http://www.bravewords.com/news/139433

Its pretty much the same thing as the video I posted earlier, but it gives a full transcript of the interview that took place
Apparently there was a Q&A after also. I'm a bit disappointed no one asked a question about Randy.

From the interview:

"Metal" Tim: And I guess this will be another Sharon question: There’s also rumours of the Randy Rhoads DVD that is supposed to be coming out, that kinda footage.

Ozzy: "It's amazing. Just when you think you've seen it all or somebody finds more. It’s really good, one of the very early concerts in New York. I was watching and going 'wow, you know.' It’s really interesting. He’s a special guy, that guy. I wish he was still here to do music now, you know."

Well that pretty much confirms one of the shows is ny!
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Thats what we were thinking,I believe Ozzy said that he thought it was MY back in Feb at a Book signing.They did 2 sets that night,I wonder if Both were filmed & that counts as Two.Unfortionatly,Randy didnt do his Spotlight Solo that Night :( I Dont Care I will be happy with ANYTHING.Even if Ozzys Vox are Bad & they wont use that,I imagine that they would at least do a Montage w/just the Solo & Instrumental parts.......ala Dont Blame Me
David

Post by David »

DMRX wrote:Thats what we were thinking,I believe Ozzy said that he thought it was MY back in Feb at a Book signing.They did 2 sets that night,I wonder if Both were filmed & that counts as Two.Unfortionatly,Randy didnt do his Spotlight Solo that Night :( I Dont Care I will be happy with ANYTHING.Even if Ozzys Vox are Bad & they wont use that,I imagine that they would at least do a Montage w/just the Solo & Instrumental parts.......ala Dont Blame Me
Didn't he did a Spotlight Solo the during the second set at the Palladium? I don't think he did a solo on the first set though
Because I'm listening to the bootlegs and I have audio where he does a solo. So unless I have the wrong bootleg there is a spotlight solo :P
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Was going through some palladium videos and the last comment caught my eye on the believer one(well first comment at the top)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb8L58qR ... tube_gdata
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Here it is .. pieces of the puzzle falling into place it seems .. :-)

RocktheStageNYC
6 days ago @musashihumar - I was the guy who filmed this. The 8mm film master is much better than this - much sharper. Every copy you see today is a fuzzy VHS transfer from my 30year old 8mm film - leaked from Ozzy's camp in he late 80's. The master does NOT slow down like you see here.
I've since had it digitally remastered and cleaned up. Looks fantastic. Gave another copy to Sharon Osbourne on the set of Celebrity Apprentice last year and got a nice "Thank You" letter from Ozzy. Pretty cool
................................................................Image...............................................................................
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.