Kelle Rhoads Speaks from Birthday Celebration

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Re: Kelle Rhoads Speaks from Birthday Celebration

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
oth wrote:I remember i was bashing romeorose relentlessly and then his momentary friend kg started bashing me but i didnt respond to him,i took the high road and just bashed romerose more :)

oth, that just made me crack up, thanks for that!
classicalmetal wrote:As far as Kellie's video yea he got a little vulgar and should have left some of it out but I doubt many of us have gotten drunk and not said things we regret later or were a little embarrassed about the next day. He could have said alot worse.
But how many of us who want to represent our family business and be taken seriously say vulgar things on video while drunk and then have the video posted online? If Kelle wants to speak that way in private, who cares, but he was speaking publicly and that was an embarrassment.

Maybe the event was moved to the winery at the request of the cemetery management? Isn't that a possibility? Why always bash these things? The winery is in Santa Rosa which is 480 miles from the cemetery and the tasting room is in Burbank which is 64 miles from the cemetery... so maybe it was a change based on being more convenient to get Kathy, Kelle and Mrs. Rhoads to attend? It's not always a conspiracy to make a buck.

I think if you were to meet Frank Santa Cruz or Kathy or Randy's mom you might not feel the same about ruining your feelings about Randy. Just try to meet the 'right' people and not those who you feel are trying to cash in on his name.
Maybe I would feel different if I were to meet one of those folks, it's hard to say. To be honest, they all sound like nice people, but the only person that I would even consider as not having an agenda of some sort (good or bad) is Frank Santa Cruz. He seems like a stand up guy who, while having a tie to Randy, still has a bit of distance, you know? I mean absolutely no offense to Randy's family in any way, it's just not an experience I care to have. More power to the people that wish to have this experience, but it's just not for me.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
Maybe I would feel different if I were to meet one of those folks, it's hard to say. To be honest, they all sound like nice people, but the only person that I would even consider as not having an agenda of some sort (good or bad) is Frank Santa Cruz. He seems like a stand up guy who, while having a tie to Randy, still has a bit of distance, you know? I mean absolutely no offense to Randy's family in any way, it's just not an experience I care to have. More power to the people that wish to have this experience, but it's just not for me.
This post as well as others in this thread are approaching hysteria-see salem witch trials circa 1692.Ok being drunk isnt a great idea sometimes.Okay.
So now everybody in the family has questionable motives?Yes a conspiracy to make shitloads of cash and charging entrance fee?People need to have a beer or get laid bad on this site.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Sounds like something a drunk driver would say.

I don't think we are asking too much to not have some 'otherwise' unknown brother smoking a fat cigar and telling sh**y jokes to hold it together for five minutes, in the name of his brother and HIS legacy.

Without your brother Kelle, you wouldn't even have an EXCUSE to making a crap clip like that.

I lasted about 4 minutes in. I want those four minutes back.

Lame. Call this severe, but that is a guy waiting for his mother to die.

And don't tell me to respect the family. I seem to have more respect for the family than Kelle does.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

oth wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
This post as well as others in this thread are approaching hysteria-see salem witch trials circa 1692.Ok being drunk isnt a great idea sometimes.Okay.
So now everybody in the family has questionable motives?Yes a conspiracy to make shitloads of cash and charging entrance fee?People need to have a beer or get laid bad on this site.
Really, Oth? How is this post "approaching hysteria"? I could care less what Kelle, or the rest of the family does. Pardon me for stating the obvious that people close to Randy have an agenda! If you read my earlier post, I said that I thought people close to Randy did have some positive elements - did I say that his entire family has questionable motives? Further to that, I expressed a personal opinion about not wanting to meet those close to Randy due to the way his legacy is being handled. I think this is a completely reasonable statement. Frankly, your reaction to what I had to say is more akin to the Salem Witch Trial that you speak of.

And, for the record, I have a wonderful girlfriend who enjoys a beer with me on occasion! 8)
classicalmetal

Post by classicalmetal »

I have to agree it's going a bit overboard here. Kelle got drunk and maybe should not have posted the video but that has seemed to branch out to attacks on Randy's family. If their intentions were really to just make money off of him then shame on them but does anybody here really know that? How do you think Randy would feel about the comments made in this thread? I personally wouldn't think he would be to happy about it.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
Further to that, I expressed a personal opinion about not wanting to meet those close to Randy due to the way his legacy is being handled. I think this is a completely reasonable statement. 8)
Yes,this is the deluded thinking that is going on here:"not wanting to meet those close to Randy due to the way his legacy is being handled".Can i ask you something?Who the fuck are you and why should the family give a flying fk about the way you feel the legacy is being handled?This is as arrogant as it is moronic.Get over yourself.A guy gets drunk and now some lame fans use that to disrespect the whole family as money grabbers etc.Some really juvenile and classless posts.Some people need to learn when to edit the garbage that travels from the empty space in their cranium(formerly occupied by a brain) to their mouths.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

shred1 wrote:Sounds like something a drunk driver would say.

I don't think we are asking too much to not have some 'otherwise' unknown brother smoking a fat cigar and telling sh**y jokes to hold it together for five minutes, in the name of his brother and HIS legacy.

Without your brother Kelle, you wouldn't even have an EXCUSE to making a crap clip like that.

I lasted about 4 minutes in. I want those four minutes back.

Lame. Call this severe, but that is a guy waiting for his mother to die.

And don't tell me to respect the family. I seem to have more respect for the family than Kelle does.

At least Kelly's excuse for his blabbering is that he was drunk.

Your excuse for your stupid comments is youre not very bright.

Big difference.

BTW,we all know you wouldnt dare say these things to their faces,right?
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Whether you are famous, or famous by proxy, you are still accountable for your actions.

Who cares about who knew RR, has stories, or is a relative. How about some video of him playing, instead of personally colored memoirs?
"And this is the section where I suggested we go to F sharp'. Please.

It appears the 'keepers' have lost the plot..... it is not about them.

Pony up or f*** off.

Let the music do the talking. PLEASE.

Say it to their face. In a heartbeat.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

shred1 wrote:
Who cares about who knew RR, has stories, or is a relative. How about some video of him playing, instead of personally colored memoirs?
Why are you even on this board then?
Finding new video is a needle in a haystack.its been like that for 30yrs.you know that.
You have almost reached the level of the legendary romeorose with your personal insults towards the family :roll:
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

'its been like that for 30yrs. you know that.'

And why is that oth?

Might as well go back to the top of this thread, and start again.

The currency in all this is Randy's exceptional guitar skills. Everyone's trading on it.
We aren't seeing or hearing any of it.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

shred1 wrote:Who cares about who knew RR, has stories, or is a relative. How about some video of him playing, instead of personally colored memoirs?
What a completely STUPID comment!

I care about people who knew Randy, are related to him or have stories about him. Because film of him playing does nothing but show me what he looked like while playing. I already know that - from pictures/After Hours/Quiet Riot video.

His friends/family/students can tell me about who he was. So many of you are obsessed with 'footage' and the term 'legacy'... it's you who've lost the plot. Randy Rhoads was a guitar player and teacher. His life was all about the guitar. He loved to play the guitar and he loved to teach the guitar. So discussing why he chose to go to F# at a certain point is actually very relevant, because it's what Randy loved to know and discuss.

'shred 1' you seem to be a typical Internet kid who thinks the world owes him something for nothing. A lot of us had to work for the knowledge we have of Randy Rhoads. When you've worked for it and have something credible to add, then you'll be worth listening to. In the mean time, you come across as an ass.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

I should clarify that statement. I read it now and it sounds wrong. Always proof read. I didn't.

What I meant to say is I don't care to hear stories from anyone whose story has a price tag or vested interest in all this.
As you have said - they just don't have credibility anymore. Its hide and seek for money. Its three decades old.
I just want to see some footage.

As to going to F sharp, I think you know what I am talking about there (I hope).
Some may see 'rehearsal tapes' as a gift, I see it as picking over the bones. You can see it however you want.

Stories, photos and anecdotes from forum members are why I come here - we don't get anything from the official sources.

I have researched this story since extensively since 1981.
Last edited by shred1 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

oth wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
Further to that, I expressed a personal opinion about not wanting to meet those close to Randy due to the way his legacy is being handled. I think this is a completely reasonable statement. 8)
Yes,this is the deluded thinking that is going on here:"not wanting to meet those close to Randy due to the way his legacy is being handled".Can i ask you something?Who the fuck are you and why should the family give a flying fk about the way you feel the legacy is being handled?This is as arrogant as it is moronic.Get over yourself.A guy gets drunk and now some lame fans use that to disrespect the whole family as money grabbers etc.Some really juvenile and classless posts.Some people need to learn when to edit the garbage that travels from the empty space in their cranium(formerly occupied by a brain) to their mouths.
Hilariously enough, Oth, you just proved your own point about people needing to edit the garbage that comes out of their mouths! It seems like the minute someone has a different opinion than you, you don't like it, and feel the need to personally insult them. How pathetic.

And in the scheme of things, my opinion has no bearing on what the Rhoads family says or does - neither does yours. I frankly could care less what they do; I'm a fan of the music and Randy, nothing more. In no instance did I say that my opinion had any effect on what the family does/did. What I find arrogant are your asinine comments, which you must think make you some great defender of Randy's honor or something. THAT'S deluded thinking, and makes you look like some sort of zealot, especially when someone is just expressing an opinion, one that I think is worded reasonably and with temperance.

In the end, the next time you think something is "moronic", look no further than your own posts in this thread, which are laced with vulgarity, and to use your own word, "classless".
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

shred1 wrote:I should clarify that statement. I read it now and it sounds wrong. Always proof read. I didn't.

What I meant to say is I don't care to hear stories from anyone whose story has a price tag or vested interest in all this.

I have researched this story since extensively since 1981.
I've been known to post without proof reading myself... sometimes when something makes sense in my head I don't realize how it will come across in a post.

It's good to know you're of the era when we learned what we could when we could and had no option to 'Google it'.

I'll agree to disagree regarding the rehearsal tapes. I will also apologize for saying you came across as an ass and a kid, I see now you were simply standing behind your opinion and I can respect that.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Thinking faster than I can type.
You know, I only post here because I am a fan. Some may disagree.
To put it simply, Randy's guitar playing still makes gives me a shiver of excitement.

The 'other' stuff pisses me off - in a '30 years' sorta way.

Paul, some wanna enjoy the finished picture (as that is how the artist intended it), and some wanna know what kind of paint was used.
I am fine with that.