Hate To Ask This

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Re: Hate To Ask This

Post by axeman_12656 »

Remedylane wrote:I was actually responding to the OTHER Axeman in the thread LOL. TheMrAxeman educated me on the proper way to use ellipses points. I wasn't being a smart ass to you :)
Haha... thats funny. It did make me go back and check my own message though. I then realized how bad the grammar really ws in my message. lol
Live Life Stronger Than Death
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

axeman_12656 wrote: how bad the grammar really ws in my message. lol
was*
:lol: :lol: :lol:
and your welcome remedy!
other axeman... :lol:
funny
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Last edited by cableguyxx on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chasmcneal

Post by chasmcneal »

TheMrAxeman wrote:
axeman_12656 wrote: how bad the grammar really ws in my message. lol
was*
:lol: :lol: :lol:
and your welcome remedy!
other axeman... :lol:
funny
*you're 8)
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Alex wrote:If anything, you should have a look at the audio section of this site.
These are bootlegs not meant for sales anyways.
With the box-stuff it's a little different, they made a product meant to be sold, they put real effort in it to put it on the market.

But it's a very difficult issue nowadays with the internet file sharing, everybody does it to some point, but people don't see they jeopardize future releases of RR stuff by only wanting stuff for free......
Don't forget it's the people who spend $$$ who make new releases of RR stuff possible.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Alex wrote:If anything, you should have a look at the audio section of this site.
With the box-stuff it's a little different, they made a product meant to be sold, they put real effort in it to put it on the market.

But it's a very difficult issue nowadays with the internet file sharing, everybody does it to some point, but people don't see they jeopardize future releases of RR stuff by only wanting stuff for free......
Don't forget it's the people who spend $$$ who make new releases of RR stuff possible.
I really hate to fight on this subject, but there are links to download QR 1&2 in that section. You may not be able to go to a record store and buy them, but you can buy them online in a few places, and those albums were meant to be sold. Those links haven't been taken down.

With that said, I respect the mod's opinion on this subject.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Post by jasonmusicman »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:

Thats the reason why when i found the 30 years doc on youtube i didnt put up the links, i did say who was hosting it but would give the links, if someone want that they could have easily have found it without giving direct links.
sites do get shut down for posting commercially available links on there sites.

I too want to see the footage as i can afford to buy the box set at the moment but i'll just have to wait.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

sites do get shut down for posting commercially available links on there sites.

I too want to see the footage as i can afford to buy the box set at the moment but i'll just have to wait.

your wrong
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Alex wrote:No. Offering information to where you can find something is not illegal. As I said, if that was the case, then Google would be in deep, frickin' trouble. Offering the downloads themselves, now that is illegal.

I won't budge on that point.
the MegaUpload links you provided is/was a direct pointer to the files.
Alex wrote: Thing is, I would never have bought the boxset, regardless if it was available online or not. So is that really jeopardizing anything, being that they would never have gotten my money in the first place anyway?

Also, if they rely on 100 people or so stepping up, then they are in big trouble as it is already.
Wait, so you were not going to buy the boxset, but you want it for free?
And you provided the links for other people to get it for free too?
What I have yet to grasp is that the O's(or whoever) put up the money
to make this new footage available. Regardless of how much money they have or don't have,
they took action when noone else did.
fortress wrote:your wrong
real classy. wrong about what?
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Stiltzkin wrote:Wait, so you were not going to buy the boxset, but you want it for free?
And you provided the links for other people to get it for free too?
What I have yet to grasp is that the O's(or whoever) put up the money
to make this new footage available. Regardless of how much money they have or don't have,
they took action when noone else did.
+1
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

To clarify, a bootleg is not subject to copyright infringement laws, however a bootleg recording is a recording obtained illegally - as in you have to sneak in the recording device and record the performance without consent of the artist. All the RR boots were illegally obtained because bootlegging was illegal at the time (whether it is still considered illegal is a moot point).

I understand the MODs not wanting to post links to the box set stuff.

However, I also have zero problem with people who want the stuff for free. The Pirating industry would never have gotten so big if the music industry hadn't jacked prices to an unaffordable level. The 'music industry' likes to say the Internet has led to their downfall, but really, their greed has caused them to implode. Hollywood is doing the same thing. The Internet has allowed the common man to influence the greedy rich, the battle is not over. Those who set the prices need to learn that if they lower prices they will sell more, raise prices and more pirating will take place. Pretty simple once the greed glasses are removed.

Now, as for the 30th doc... I didn't see it, but wasn't it aired on VH1? If so, anyone with a Tivo or VCR (apologies to the younger members who've never heard of a VCR) could have a free copy to share online, right?
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

I don't think anyone minds people wanting to view it for free. I believe people get upset when Some make rude posts that imply that others are greedy for not uploading it for them. Like its owed to them.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

axeman_12656 wrote:I don't think anyone minds people wanting to view it for free. I believe people get upset when Some make rude posts that imply that others are greedy for not uploading it for them. Like its owed to them.

I agree, if you want to download it for free, do the legwork and find it yourself, don't post a request and ask someone else to do all the work for you.