Great News

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

wareagle
Mass Poster

Re: Great News

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

^^^^ Debbie Downer, over here. ^^^^
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

AWWWW C'Mon guys!!!I know you guys are Just setting yourselfs up for dissapointment based on the past ( And I cant blame you) Mabey if we Hope for the worst the Best will be that much better.But Sharon has Confirmed that there is more than One Concert which is One more than we were all Sure of!!!!! Sure we Probibably will be let down when it comes to seeing EVERYTHING but I think that if Ozzys voice is Too bad in some Songs Mabey they will at least show the Band During the Solos like they did on Dont Blame me.
I Would have my Prayers answered & sorta have anyway wih this Confirmation but I'd Like to see Both Bands.I am Very Curious to See the Original bands Chemestry Live in front of Packed Houses (All of the BOO UK Tourdates I believe were Sold out or near Capacity) & the Energy of the US Touring Band too,where the audiences were more familiar w/the songs ...........God who am I Kidding,,,,,,I WILL be Salivating & hyperventalating Over ANY NEW LIVE RR Footage,and now KNOWING that there IS more than One Show PRO-SHOT FOR SURE Not just another RUMOR or Bogus Whatif story
THIS IS THE REAL DEAL............To Quote Ozzy "I am speechless"
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Hey Matt (Capt. Matt Sparrow), how many signatures did you finally get on that petition? That must have really put a fire under things. Thanks so much!
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Phineas J

Post by Phineas J »

I do think that the things Sharon has stated about the box set is their vision of how it might be. It seems like a bit of a dangle to get people talking.

I doubt that we will get all the raw footage they have. I also doubt that we will get a snippett too! I hope that I am wrong, but the Osbournes probably are going to do this once as part of the BOO & Diary anniversaries. The likelihood that we will get Ozzy/Randy releases in the future is surely small unless a hoard of quality material comes forth (HOPE).

To me, seeing Randy play something like REVELATION MOTHER EARTH LIVE on dvd would satisfy me completely. Just typing that I might get to see that gives me chills.

I guess what I am saying is that it doesnt matter to me what we/I get. As long as we are finally getting something after all this time that correctly frames the 2 best albums of all time, and shows the world what a dynamic and great player Randy was.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

To me it makes sense $haron talked about two shows when it concerns the two Palladium shows. Same night, same source, makes all sense.
BUT that doesn't mean there are only two shows filmed, it's probably what they have to release now, I think there is more out there than those two Palladium shows.
But the Palladium would be awesome! 8) (hope it will be both sets! )
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

At the very least, we can hope the cameraman/men will be better, and we won't have to look at Sarzo thump along during the solos :lol:
Speaking of Rudy, I always felt he just caught himself during the Japanese 20th special, when asked about Randy on film. I do realize his English is broken, and he was explaining himself to a Japanese interviewer, but to me, it sounds as if he almost said 'One of the only shows', but he corrects himself.
But then, could be my imagination. Either way, it doesn't matter as more footage has surfaced, I'm just not ready to construct my parade float for $haron as of yet. I'll wait to see and hear the finished product before I get all amped up.
As I've stated elsewhere, this is very good news for Rhoads fans, and most are on a high right now, and understandably so, but what she is doing is righting a wrong she made eight years ago, as well as recover some credibility and lost sales.
On his FB page, Bob Daisley states he has yet to be contacted, so the out-take material isn't from him.
I do hope she does what is right in terms of Bob and Lee. All of these people were once friends. I understand it is business, but still....
Last edited by whoopiecat on Fri May 21, 2010 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Livewire8195

Post by Livewire8195 »

I'd be fine with anything. New footage is new footage, and thats what I'm waiting to see.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Um, they had one camera on each member.... They just didn't show him a lot (It was probably cut out while it was filming or something)
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
dinomite
Cool Member

Post by dinomite »

Man this is Fantastic News. Cannot wait.... Pre-Order....Anything!!....
It'll be one of the greatest days of my life to finally sit down and see These videos. As I'm for all of you guys.

All I can say is Thanks to all the members here who keep Randy's memory alive, It's with you guys I was able to discover what such a talent Randy was and how much hs ability to play guitar got me enthused enough to actually take it up!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I just find this whole re-release weird in the light of whats went on. The Bob Daisley Holy Grail tapes, the Dakota film - (will we ever see this) The film Wareagle tracked down etc. I'm sure that Ozzy & $haron seen this footage through Peter and decided to keep it, as they must of had a brainstorm to release the Blizzard albums. But then Bob and Lee are tight lipped and know nothing ?.After all thats went on, i'm just glad that something is eventualy going to happen. Be it one or two whole songs or just Live footage with an overdubbed track. We shouldn't be greedy at least we know that other shows have been confirmed and they are out there. 'Thanks Giving' and Thank God! When is thanks giving ? is it November ?. I hope this release is not delayed in the UK.
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I just find this whole re-release weird in the light of whats went on. The Bob Daisley Holy Grail tapes, the Dakota film - (will we ever see this) The film Wareagle tracked down etc. I'm sure that Ozzy & $haron seen this footage through Peter and decided to keep it, as they must of had a brainstorm to release the Blizzard albums. But then Bob and Lee are tight lipped and know nothing ?.After all thats went on, i'm just glad that something is eventualy going to happen. Be it one or two whole songs or just Live footage with an overdubbed track. We shouldn't be greedy at least we know that other shows have been confirmed and they are out there. 'Thanks Giving' and Thank God! When is thanks giving ? is it November ?. I hope this release is not delayed in the UK.

Thanksgiving is on the fourth Thursday in November here in the U.S
................................................................Image...............................................................................
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

I'm sure we'll know more before the release date of what show(s) it is. This is the fun part about being a Randy fan....sure, we've been let down time and time again, but it's the anticipation and 'what if it's the real deal' that keeps the flame alive!!!
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

OK, so after we are given the keys to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory in November :P ( yay! ) what then? Will we still want more, or will this quench the thirst?

I have a feeling this is going to be one awesome box set for Randy fans and I think it's pretty safe to say that all of us helped make this happen. Had we all not continued to keep the interest up via the Internet, it may never have happened. Good job peoples 8)