From Ozzys mouth

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Kixy

Post by Kixy »

I really hope it isn't just the paladium footage we've all seen before, I think Ozzy is smarter than that so hopefully it will be top qual. If not I'm joining you guys on your drinking spree haha
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I would like to think that if the O's have some Randy Live footage that it's suitable for a dvd release. Even if it's just a few songs on the extras i don't think they'd release this if it was of poor quality. I think Ozzy would of had all that has been seen ('available live footage') sent to him via sites like the defunct Ozzyhead.com etc. Plus i'm sure that Ozzy and $haron have had this footage approved for use from someone and they've decided to release it. It could of came from PM or some associate connected to the film. But we need to keep that positive energy ''''' BUZZZING''''''!!! i think we are due a big surprise. :wink:
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

I agree, Shaun...we can guarantee, everything we've seen, the Rhoads and the Osbourne families have seen. Of course they have...it's Randy, for cryin' out loud!
They have apparently have seen something that is new...to them
Of course they've seen all of the grainy footage we've been exposed to.
It's naieve to think otherwise.
If we get just three or four songs that are equal to the quality of what we have in After Hours, I'll be thrilled. 8)
Tom
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Solos

Post by Solos »

You have to remember... The Osbourne empire is a huge global business. I doubt that Ozzy is inimately involved in every aspect of it, especially when it comes to his web presence. Has an employee seen the footage? Sure that's very likely. Has Ozzy seen it all? I'm doubtful of that. It has nothing to do with how smart Ozzy is... there are too many other aspects of his career that are much more important than surfing here, TK, or youtube. I think it is very likely that he has no idea how many audio or video boots there are floating around. Hell, there are tons of Randy fans you see posting comments on the youtube stuff to effect of "whoa!!! where did you get this? I've been a fan for 25yrs and never knew this exsited...".

I hope I'm wrong about all of this and we get a full pro shot show. I'm not holding my breath. The Osbourne hype machine is in full effect...
estang74

Post by estang74 »

Solos wrote:You have to remember... The Osbourne empire is a huge global business. I doubt that Ozzy is inimately involved in every aspect of it, especially when it comes to his web presence. Has an employee seen the footage? Sure that's very likely. Has Ozzy seen it all? I'm doubtful of that. It has nothing to do with how smart Ozzy is... there are too many other aspects of his career that are much more important than surfing here, TK, or youtube. I think it is very likely that he has no idea how many audio or video boots there are floating around. Hell, there are tons of Randy fans you see posting comments on the youtube stuff to effect of "whoa!!! where did you get this? I've been a fan for 25yrs and never knew this exsited...".

I hope I'm wrong about all of this and we get a full pro shot show. I'm not holding my breath. The Osbourne hype machine is in full effect...
So you are a big rock star like Ozzy and no one has shown him any of this footage that we have already seen? I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you, of course Ozzy has seen the footage that we have all seen. Whether Zakk showed him or Jack showed him, I guarantee you he has seen the footage, especially in this age of technology for sure.
www.reverbnation.com/estang74
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I agree E74. Zakk is a huge RR fan so during his off and on stays with the O's he must have shared video showings with Ozzy, why would Zakk hold back from sharing, gathering or enthuesing Ozzy! it makes no sense from a human nature basis because his Boss was there with his idol!.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

I do realize Ozzy, Inc. does huge business. I do realize Ozzy isn't involved in every aspect of it. In my opinion, he's involved in very little of it. To think that someone hasn't shown Ozzy all of this footage by now is naieve thinking....sorry man, it just is.
I doubt Ozzy has ever set foot here or TK, or ever will. Take it for what it's worth, but the Osbournes claimed over the years that there was no footage, aside from bootleg and After Hours. Again, this is their friend, who helped launch Ozzy's career, and was tragically killed while on tour with them. They may not have heard every audio boot out there...(if I was Ozzy I wouldn't want to, as it's a painful reminder of how out of it I was. It would remind me, though I was the star, I was the weak link in the band.), but they have seen all of the video...there's just no way around that. If they truly had no other vid in their posession over the years, then they certainly went searching for it with the advent of the world wide web.
If someone close in your family dies, you search through all of your photos and home video to see them once more, to hear their voice, or their laugh once more. This would be akin to that. Randy was their close friend, and damn near family, at least until things soured near the end.
They went looking, just like the rest of us did....for different reasons, perhaps, but they went looking just the same.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

The best thing to do is when someone has footage but can't release is it because of some reasons is this: you tell people you don't have it! Period.
And when after a while you can release it: you just found it / you 'forgot'abou it and found it / you just got some awesome footage someone send you! :wink:

Who can verify here? They can tell us anything!

We all know what Dave Tangye said about shooting some shows. No way the O's would have forgotten that a few shows with Randy were pro filmed. And hence the timing, right after trouble with the doc appeared we get this...... After almost 3 'decades'.... It's obvious! (imo)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

Can anyone here really with 100% certainty remember any details about what went on 1 day at their work/job 28 years ago? Hell Tommy and Rudy+ Airey were there and don't recall shooting video! I believe if footage exists it is either "hidden " like FDM says and will be found or stumbled on by fluke in a private collection from in house cameras-not pro shot :? Who wouldn't remember a MAJOR event like that in the early days-as a band member-and sHARON dressing you and combing your hair and picking out your stage clothes to be your best.If it was a scheduled proshot the BOO members would remember it-they remember the speak of the devil show at Irvine meadow because it happened. :P
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

None of thrm remember anything pro shot but do they even remember two on the town or et being recorded? Those are pro shot and you would figure when asked about pro shot stuff that would be answered as a side note even though they were not concerts with crowds
Last edited by Shockwave on Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Post by jasonmusicman »

whoopiecat wrote:I agree, Shaun...we can guarantee, everything we've seen, the Rhoads and the Osbourne families have seen. Of course they have...it's Randy, for cryin' out loud!
They have apparently have seen something that is new...to them
Of course they've seen all of the grainy footage we've been exposed to.
It's naieve to think otherwise.
If we get just three or four songs that are equal to the quality of what we have in After Hours, I'll be thrilled. 8)
Tom
I know that the rhoads family is fully aware of whats out there and available on youtube, i have some of the videos shot at the memorial days and you can see this footage on the tvs they have so i would say that it isnt anything we have seen yet. I cant wait.
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Dutch, I think you nailed it. If a muso knows that by being totally honest about unreleased stuff then they're going to get tons of requests to release it (and maybe they can't yet), then it's just easier to deny it exists until times change. The situation (ownership, contracts etc) influences what they can say to us at the time.

Yeah, you can be positive Ozzy has seen everything we have. He was being sent that stuff by the fans long before most people had the internet.

What they 'remember' is an interesting one. True, most can't remember everything about their workplace from 28 years ago, but most musicians will remember when pro cameras were rolling. I think it's likely something was pro filmed but for reasons that are still not totally clear people can't come out and say it (except for Mr. Tangye).
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

was there a post on here from rr.us today that was deleted afterward?