HOLY SHIT!!!!.....

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

had you never seen this before DMRX?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

DoubleT wrote:While on this subject - Carmine Appice was fired because he didn't get on with Sharon. It was mainly an ego thing. He was doing drum clinics while on the road, selling t-shirts and acting too much like "an artist in his own right" for Sharon's taste. Doing the drum solo with glowing drumsticks and singing etc. I don't know why any of that could possibly been any kind of real threat to the Osbournes . . . but we know how they are. That was his story anyway. He had a good quote at the time. "I've worked with a lot of prestigious people in this business . . . and Ozzy is definitely not one of them."
I think Carmine was very much OTT when it came to his solo he had to do the Flash bastard attitude. Like many drum solos they don't go down to well and his was way too much. Ozzy didn't like the guy and i think when he took him on board he was asking for big dollar. So when the moment came he was gone. On the same subject his bro Vinnie i just think he is a far better Metal drummer without the upstaging antics. I was lucky to meet him during the H&H UK tour a very friendly guy. Ozzy has had many a great drummer and like his guitarists he picks them well.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:As a non drummer I can honestly say that where as many drum solos on live concerts have bored me, Tommy's one on the Tribute is to me as exciting as Randy's spotlight solo!!

Also he has eternal youth! he looked 50 when he was 30 and now in his 60's (?) looks 50 still! I better he never thought looking 50 all those years in his youth would be a blessing!! lol
I've noticed over the years Tommy has kept his solo very much the same. I've seen him play with Ozzy Whitesnake & Thin Lizzy. It's a very impressive solo but he does the same thing picking up the pace double bass drumming. Sticks into the crowd then playing with his hands. He's a very physical drummer and at his age he has a very good physique for his age. Not to sound like i'm hitting on Tommy :lol: But he is one of the best, but i think he should change his routine. OK if its not broken why fix it, but i'm sure he could come up with something better. The late Cozy Powell was very much like him and his Overture solo was fecking awesome.
rrhoadsfan

Post by rrhoadsfan »

The Amazon link won't work for me? Does anyone have an alternative?!

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/competition/jackson
Just found this competition to win a free Jackson JS30RR!!!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

rrhoadsfan wrote:The Amazon link won't work for me? Does anyone have an alternative?!
Try this link but don't get too excited this show is the re-release of the Irvine Meadows gig first shown on MTV Speak of the Devil with Brad Gillis.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ozzy-Osbourne-B ... 999&sr=8-2
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
DoubleT wrote:While on this subject - Carmine Appice was fired because he didn't get on with Sharon. It was mainly an ego thing. He was doing drum clinics while on the road, selling t-shirts and acting too much like "an artist in his own right" for Sharon's taste. Doing the drum solo with glowing drumsticks and singing etc. I don't know why any of that could possibly been any kind of real threat to the Osbournes . . . but we know how they are. That was his story anyway. He had a good quote at the time. "I've worked with a lot of prestigious people in this business . . . and Ozzy is definitely not one of them."
I think Carmine was very much OTT when it came to his solo he had to do the Flash bastard attitude. Like many drum solos they don't go down to well and his was way too much. Ozzy didn't like the guy and i think when he took him on board he was asking for big dollar. So when the moment came he was gone. On the same subject his bro Vinnie i just think he is a far better Metal drummer without the upstaging antics. I was lucky to meet him during the H&H UK tour a very friendly guy. Ozzy has had many a great drummer and like his guitarists he picks them well.
I agree Shaun, Vinnie is a much more talented Drummer than Carmine and his performance is much better to watch he really plays the right thing in the right place.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The Live H&H DVD is well worth buying his sound is well crisp and just pure energy. I was lucky to get to see them again doing the old Sabbath set. It was like a blast from the past seeing them again after the 1980 + 82 tours. Awesome... :wink:
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Trigger wrote:I agree Shaun, Vinnie is a much more talented Drummer than Carmine and his performance is much better to watch he really plays the right thing in the right place.
I also agree, I saw Carmine with Ozzy back in '83, and although he was entertaining to watch at first I think he would have become pretty tirersome after a while.
Vinnie on the other hand is always great, seen him loads of times going back to '81, seen him with Sabbath, Dio and Heaven and Hell, even saw him drumming for an Ozzy fronted Sabbath at Milton Keynes in '98, (when Bill Ward had the heart scare) and everytime he's been spot on.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll