New Screamo Cover of Over the Mountain

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Re: New Screamo Cover of Over the Mountain

Post by Cryptic Night »

Alex wrote:I don't think you can generalize like that, but even if you could, that's not really a problem. Aren't they allowed to enjoy the screamo cover? Is it not just music?
I never said they weren't allowed to enjoy the screamo cover. I was simply stating that just because someone hears the screamo cover first, they won't necessarily like the original because they like screamo over hard rock.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

I'm not saying you can't.

Some people can. I'm saying that the younger generations of music fans aren't likely to enjoy both.

I mean, it's a MUCH farther stretch, but how many Justin Beiber fans out there like Slayer? Not many.

Me personally, I don't like screamo, but I will admit it takes talent to do what they do.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Alex wrote:
I like Lady Gaga and Slayer.

Oh, and black people does not always listen to rap.
You do realize I'm talking about a younger generation right?

And I never said all black people listen to rap. There are exceptions to every rule. No one HAS to listen to just one type of music. I enjoy many genres of music.

I'm saying the majority of people who listen to JUST screamo (The type of people who think that anything NOT screamo is "lame", not people who enjoy many types of music) would say the original sucks.
Alex wrote: Not making it any easier when you automatically assume that they won't.
Once again, I never said they WOULDN'T like the original, I said it's not likely. There's a difference.

It's not likely you'll win the lottery, but it's completely possible.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

its a good thing i never heard of screamo lol!!!!!you make perfect sense with what you mean though cryptic!!!
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Alex wrote:
That goes for anything though, doesn't it? I see quite a lot of it on these boards.

What did you think of the cover I posted?
Yes, it does.

To be honest? I haven't even looked at it. lol

I just kind of ignored it. :lol:

I'll give it a listen.

EDIT:

Youtube's being stupid and won't let me get past the 39 second mark, but from I heard, it's an interesting twist on the original.

I wouldn't put it on my iPod or anything, but it's not bad.

Back on the subject of screamo, I've heard screamo covers of Lady Gaga's music that I like. Once again, I wouldn't put them on my iPod, but they are quite fun to listen to. Mostly because of the novelty of them.
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

i get what ya mean cryptic
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

I was just sharing it,I didnt mean to start all this debate on the Genre.I said Screamo because it sounds like a mix between Whah whah Emo crap w/Death metal type screams & such...Not True Death metal....Now Opressor's cover off Over The Mountain,is Total Death Metal,but the guys Nail the Solo!!! I heard Yngwie doing Mr.Crowley & he Shit All Over it:(( A shame really.....Dwezeel Zappa w/Lisa Loeb doing Goodbye is SPOT-ON as far as All the Guitar Textures,Layers & Expression/teqnique as well as the Mix,Totally the #1 Randy Tribute,Dime did a Pretty Great job Tripling "Believer" Too!
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I think Cryptic Night is right actually. If a fanboy likes a band so much, they'll just about convince themselves to believe anything. I recently checked out Iron Maiden's cover of Doctor Doctor. Classic hard rock song. One of my favourites of all time. The original is fantastic and I found Maiden's really overproduced and didn't really suit the style. Still, you had loads of fans on the comments section going "omg, this is amazing, way better than the original".

I sometimes wonder if they've even listened to the originally firstly, and if they have, if they just convincing themselves the Maiden version is better. Just my opinion.