Re: Great News

Post by TheMrAxeman »

this is awesome news!!!
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

+1 8) :twisted:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

2 shows = Brilliant!!! Couldn't have dreamed of better news than this.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

wareagle wrote:however the ozzy release of footage is most certainly not because of me, i just may have found the right guy at the right time is all
You are right. Ozzy mentioned footage around Jan. 24th. As far back as March 12, 2006 we did a poll and many of us believed it to be true. There was a member RandyOliva (a Moderator?) said they actually had some but didn’t want to share it; and never could prove it. Lintball was also someone who claimed unseen footage as well. I know by Feb. 27, 2010 some of us were ragging on you about what your claims to the Shelley archive footage. We deleted the earlier posts so I don’t have an exact reference point. Anyways, Ozzy might have received the footage “just” before you spoke about it but I don’t think it is coincidence that more shows are suddenly popping up. It sure seems like everyone is opening up and saying, “Oh crap I just fell over my secretly kept Randy footage. Hey anybody wanna see it?” :lol:
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:lol: Holy holy!!! Give me the time-machine and I´ll go get them packages already!!! Better yet, I´d go back in time and film all the Randy-shows :P and then tell him not to get on that bloody plane!!! :cry:
Mikel
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quadrastudios

Post by quadrastudios »

This truly is GREAT NEWS!!! :-)
Phineas J

Post by Phineas J »

Wow, just Wow!

They finally have a chance to get it right. It only took 30 years!

Sounds like the mother of sets for all Randy fans. I will surely be counting down the days until we get it.

Sharon must have really softened her stance in the last 6 months. Maybe after watching all of the footage she had a real sentimental change of heart about the original music and how magic it was/is. Maybe Bob's stuff made it to Sharon??

This is shaping up to be one heck of a 2010 holiday season.

Keep in mind. When this comes out, it will likely cause a chain reaction of Randy appreciation/resurgence. Instead of kids only seeing him on a magazine page or hearing him on cd, they will see him live & breathe. That my friends will be awesome. As a guitar teacher, this release will single handedly change the lives of many young players....just like it did for me and many others.
stlrox

Post by stlrox »

I have to admit...I was completely skeptical that any new material other than the leaked trailer was going to be seen in my lifetime. Since I was a 14 year old kid in 82 I have longed for more. I gave up on the Margolis documentary months ago, but today it is like the sun cracked through the black clouds for the first time in months. I look forward to these treasures with major anticipation.

Good news for all us "true" fans.

:P
jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Post by jasonmusicman »

The news just gets better and better, what has suprised me over the last few days is we are yet to get a response from bob and lee over this.
I thought bob would have said something on his website about it by now, good or bad.
Lets hope when he does its good news for him.

jas.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

It's funny...the naysayers who were giving Wareagle shit a short while back haven't chimed in as of yet. I would imagine they are busy eating crow and wiping egg off of their faces.
:lol:
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

wareagle wrote:yeah ozzy didnt just stumble on it. he had it. that i know. he didnt just suddenly find it. just a sharon thing there. however sharons being very good to deal with apparently... i mean she did approve it! cant wait to see all the footage
So I take it your endevour paid off? I hadn't kept up much on this stuff as sometimes to much drama is overwhelming. I am excited that it appears there will be at least 2 concerts of Randy on video. Maybe even 3?? I guess.
estang74

Post by estang74 »

This is truly great news, especially for all the "old schoolers" who used to buy really crappy versions of after hours through circus magazine. I wish Thanksgiving was around the corner, but maybe we will get a teaser when the new Ozzy record comes out(cross fingers)

Here is my 2 cents on the re releases of BOO and DIARY

Maybe Bob gave Sharon the Holy Grail in exchange for BOO and DIARY to be re released with the original parts and royalties? It would make sense on why Bob has been quiet as of late and it would make sense why the Osbournes are re releasing the tracks with the original players. Even if this is not true, I am very happy and grateful that Bob and Lee will be back on BOO and DIARY where they belong. As much as Sharon gets thrown to the wolves, you have to admit that it's great that she is releasing all this new Randy footage. Maybe the documentary thing struck a nerve with her and she decided that it was time to release what they have in the archives for the Randy fans who have been so patiently waiting for any type of footage from those 3 great years in Ozzy's career.
www.reverbnation.com/estang74
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

whoopiecat wrote:It's funny...the naysayers who were giving Wareagle shit a short while back haven't chimed in as of yet. I would imagine they are busy eating crow and wiping egg off of their faces.
:lol:
That is indeed interesting. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and just kept to myself. Of course I can understand the naysayers POV. I myself have been waiting almost 20 years. Others have been waiting 30. And there has been a lot of smack talk about footage in past years. I have just learned to have patients and wait until more is known. I tend to be agnostic in such matters. Good times.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

estang74 wrote:This is truly great news, especially for all the "old schoolers" who used to buy really crappy versions of after hours through circus magazine. I wish Thanksgiving was around the corner, but maybe we will get a teaser when the new Ozzy record comes out(cross fingers)

Here is my 2 cents on the re releases of BOO and DIARY

Maybe Bob gave Sharon the Holy Grail in exchange for BOO and DIARY to be re released with the original parts and royalties? It would make sense on why Bob has been quiet as of late and it would make sense why the Osbournes are re releasing the tracks with the original players. Even if this is not true, I am very happy and grateful that Bob and Lee will be back on BOO and DIARY where they belong. As much as Sharon gets thrown to the wolves, you have to admit that it's great that she is releasing all this new Randy footage. Maybe the documentary thing struck a nerve with her and she decided that it was time to release what they have in the archives for the Randy fans who have been so patiently waiting for any type of footage from those 3 great years in Ozzy's career.
Either way it seems that Sharon has just redeemed her self. You know there really is such thing as redemption. If this all comes out as she claims she is ok in my book. I used to have a some what unfavorable opinion of her.