Shockwave wrote:Rainbows = homosexuals
I really hope you're kidding.
Attachments
Tribute5.jpg
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Re: Great News

Post by whoopiecat »

Wow, Paul...it's a darn good thing that pic wasn't chosen for the new banner. Otherwise, Shock's head would've exploded :lol:
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I am getting a bit sick and tired of this homophobic bollocks
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Post by jasonmusicman »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:I am getting a bit sick and tired of this homophobic bollocks
I'll second that capt matt. how the hell did such an important thread end up like this.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:I am getting a bit sick and tired of this homophobic bollocks

yeah i agree pretty much, Did not think it would have caused such a controversy here and sorry if it did. I did not mean it as an insult towards anyone on this board or the beloved by all Dio, I was just stating the fact that in general when you see a rainbow , as in if you see one on someones car then that pretty much means that they are. Its become there "symbol" if you may for there lifestyle , and also a way of promoting it. I figured its common knowledge and everyone would have "gotten the joke" but that did not happen.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Oh, please...did you not start a thread a short while ago actually requesting UR change the banner as one of the Randy photos in it looked wrong to you? You were also concerned that co-workers were doing a double-take when they saw the same banner photo while you were browsing the site at work.
Don't try to pass this off as an innocent joke taken wrong, Shockwave. Most here do indeed know what the rainbow represents to the gay community, there's no need for anyone to point it out, except in your case.
Once again, sorry to go off topic!
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Well, UR is a very relaxed forum and there is nothing better than some fun bantering (which happens here regularly :) ) ; but there is a distinct line between that and crossing the line into being hurtful.

Lets move on and put this hiccup behind us in this thread and all stay on good terms.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

True Matt. That's Why American Culture Should Always Be Compared Against Some Historical Perspectives...

In Greek mythology, the rainbow was considered to be a path made by a messenger (Iris) between Earth and Heaven. In Chinese mythology, the rainbow was a slit in the sky sealed by Goddess Nüwa using stones of five different colours.

In Hindu mythology, the rainbow is called "Indradhanush", meaning the bow (Sanskrit & Hindi: dhanush is bow) of Indra, the God of lightning, thunder and rain. Another Indian mythology says rainbow is the bow of Kama, the God of love. It is called Kamanabillu in Kannada, billu meaning bow. Likewise, in mythology of Arabian Peninsula, rainbow, called Qaus Quzaħ in Arabic, is the war bow of the god Quzaħ.

In Norse Mythology, a rainbow called the Bifröst Bridge connects the realms of Ásgard and Midgard, homes of the gods and humans, respectively. The Irish leprechaun's secret hiding place for his pot of gold is usually said to be at the end of the rainbow. This place is impossible to reach, because the rainbow is an optical effect which depends on the location of the viewer. When walking towards the end of a rainbow, it will move further away.

In Christian Mythology, after Noah's flood the Bible relates that the rainbow gained meaning as the sign of God's promise that terrestrial life would never again be destroyed by flood (Genesis 9.13-17)[27]:
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

David,
I'm still amazed by the sound to color chart you spoke of last page. I've never been able to understand notation, and have learned by ear and by tab. I think it's cool that you use this theory to teach kids music.
Am I right in guessing that you caught Michael Schenker's attention with this concept as well?
Thanks,
Tom
Last edited by whoopiecat on Sat May 29, 2010 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

I suppose I did without realizing it. Michael put out a "checker-board" fretboard guitar 3 years after our initial meeting. It could very well be coincidence but I'd like to think he remembered my colored one. He was very cool I might add. One of my all-time favorite guitar players. I almost missed the signing due to a fan standing in front of me who collapsed from the heat. He was a diabetic I believe and fell face first to the pavement (he was also convulsing violently). He smashed both of his front teeth out in the fall. I had to act fast. I ran about a mile (with my guitar) to the nearby 7-11 and luckily found a patrol car there. They quickly responded with EMS and the guy was saved thankfully. By the time I got back to the signing they were about to close the gates. I was the very last person they allowed in. Michael signed my guitar and I had the same expression as Skezza when Ozzy signed his arm. A terrible yet wonderful day. :lol:

~David
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Wow, that fan was lucky you happened to be there to help him :shock: Running a mile is taxing enough without having to do so while carrying a guitar.
Kind of cool to think a guitar hero was inspired by a fan.
Sorry I called you 'Nick' :oops:
T.