Brad gillis has 2 randy sound board tapes !!!

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

randy will never die
Mass Poster

Brad gillis has 2 randy sound board tapes !!!

Post by randy will never die »

In an interview with brad gillis he told eddie trunk that he was given 2 soundboard recordings of randy on tour from the sound of it these recordings were used to help brad learn the songs

He says he STILL has them

Here
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sld77N16QOA

Listen at 38:05

I'd listen from 28:23 on till the end

But back to the board tapes brad never said from what part of the tour or were they were recorded

My big question is how good is the quality of these soundboard tapes are they almost prefect like the tribute bootleg or are they like king bisket flower hour Montreal and they need to be cleaned up just a little

One can only wonder

The story brad has about ozzy around 39:00 about the show in Texas is pretty dam funny. I would love to see the pics brad has of ozz
Stewie
Mass Poster

Re: Brad gillis has 2 randy sound board tapes !!!

Post by Stewie »

Doesnt UR have some soundboard recordings in the bootleg section? The quality of these don't match the RR Tribute album if I remember correctly.. So I think the stuff Brad has doesnt differ that much of whats offered here :)
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I mentioned this ages ago and i emailed Brad Gillis... no reply and a second email fell on deaf ears. You have to remember the time duration and how many people keep hold of cassette tapes. It's something that gets thrown out or giving away or in Brad's case it has more then likely been giving to a fan. Tommy Aldridge has a shit load of soundboard recordings. Will we every hear them ???.. The sound quality could be anything from excellent to poor. If it is a monitor sound or front of house soundboard. The on-stage monitor mix soundboards tend to be the best in quality.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Stewie wrote:Doesnt UR have some soundboard recordings in the bootleg section? The quality of these don't match the RR Tribute album if I remember correctly.. So I think the stuff Brad has doesnt differ that much of whats offered here :)
Exactly what I thought. There's a ton of shows floating around out there. BG may have some shows in better quality, but chances are, they're some of the same shows.

Plus, I don't see BG jumping at the chance to send out copies of RR soundboard tapes to fans. It's a nice thought and would be very cool, but it's very unlikely.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

Did any body listen to the interview ?
leftyaxeman

Post by leftyaxeman »

Thanks for the heads up, that was a cool interview. I was at the Ritz with a couple of friends when "Speak of the Devil" was recorded. Brad Gillis kicked ass, it was a great show.
xk319

Post by xk319 »

I highly doubt the quality of the soundboard tapes Brad (has) received at the time are the same poor quality that the known bootleg '82 shows are. The ones Brad has are most likely much much better (no tape warp garbles, no fluctuating high end, not the nth generation). I'm sure they're are smooth as glass.

For me, this is a grail since it's an '82 show with the band jam. Maybe someday Brad will just "float" them out there anonymously on the net.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

xk319 wrote:For me, this is a grail since it's an '82 show with the band jam. Maybe someday Brad will just "float" them out there anonymously on the net.
Brad gave Randy's purple (blue?) leather vest to a friend. If you search the archive you'll see the fiasco that caused between fans here and at tk. I'd bet if Brad has these tapes in his possession, they're in a box in a closet somewhere and he'd probably forgotten about them 'til Trunk brought it up. I'd also wager that he's so focused on his own musical career that the blink of an eye he was with Ozzy doesn't cross his mind very often.