RANDY RHOADS' Family Sues Margolis and Klein

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Re: RANDY RHOADS' Family Sues Margolis and Klein

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Sky wrote:
Stiltzkin wrote:in hindsight, I wonder how many would be willing to work on something Randy related again
without the risk of facing a lawsuit.
Most professionals would uphold the terms of agreed contracts. The lawsuit will put Randy in the public eye so maybe someone with integrity, who's worthy of making a film about him, will come to light. I hope so.
+1
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Sadly I have to say all my hopes on something happening with A Randy release will happen after Delores passes on. I think Kathy and Kelle will be much more willing to release stuff without Dees approval, assuming they control they his estate after she passes.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

Shockwave wrote:Sadly I have to say all my hopes on something happening with A Randy release will happen after Delores passes on. I think Kathy and Kelle will be much more willing to release stuff without Dees approval, assuming they control they his estate after she passes.
AGREED
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Shockwave wrote:Sadly I have to say all my hopes on something happening with A Randy release will happen after Delores passes on. I think Kathy and Kelle will be much more willing to release stuff without Dees approval, assuming they control they his estate after she passes.
have I read on here that sharon is executor of the RR estate??...which would be why the statement reads rhoads estate and family sue
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Wow, so much has happened since I last posted here!

I have no idea who is at fault (or really care, at this point) but it's just such a shame that things can't seem together for ONCE for the sake of Randy's memory. I feel like the only times these sorts of things work out are when Sharon and Ozzy are involved, oddly enough.
I suppose we all have just been very unfortunate. Every time we get a kernel of hope concerning something official being released, it just gets squashed. I have been apart of the Randy Rhoads online fan community for 10 years now and I have to sadly admit that all the squabbling and posturing has left a bad taste in my mouth. It's at the point where I associate more negativity and bitterness with Randy than anything else.
I hope that someday, someone can work successfully with the Rhoads family and can put something out.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

'I feel like the only times these sorts of things work out are when Sharon and Ozzy are involved, oddly enough.'
What makes you think that they aren't involved in this?
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Sky wrote:What makes you think that they aren't involved in this?

What makes you think they are? 8) :lol:
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Stiltzkin wrote:
Sky wrote:What makes you think that they aren't involved in this?

What makes you think they are? 8) :lol:
:lol: I just think we'll all have to wait and see who's involved, but I wouldn't rule anyone out at this point. Margolis and Klein have managed to piss off a lot of the people who initially got involved in their documentary.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Case information: DELORES RHOADS, individually and as Successor-in-Interest to Randy Rhoads, KATHRYN RHOADS D’ARGENZIO, an individual, and KELLE RHOADS, an individual, Plaintiffs, vs. PETER MARGOLIS, an individual, ANDREW KLEIN, an individual, STEVEN ROSEN, an individual, VELOCITY PUBLISHING GROUP, INC., et al. –

Los Angeles Superior Court, Burbank, CA, Case No. EC 059885. (Delores Rhoads is Randy Rhoads’s mother; professional musician Kelle Rhoads is his brother; and Kathryn Rhoads D’Argenzio is his sister.)

http://www.examiner.com/article/randy-r ... -producers
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

So sad for everyone involved. :cry:
There will be no winners here....

*I still believe the book is a real treasure, made with the best intentions. One can't make something like that without being a huge RR fan.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote: And to those that think his music will die away if you do that? Doubtful. Great art and those who made it will live on. All the "extra stuff" that surrounds it that is non-important or petty will eventually fall away. What will be will be, and what is meant to surface will surface.
I agree here 100%- kids are still discovering Randy all the time. Just yesterday the New England Patriots came out to the field playing Crazy Train- not a loop, the whole thing. Kids are still going to hear that (little "jocks" even! gasp! JK) and hopefully dig a little deeper than the surface of the song itself and find Randy there. Thankfully, because even as a fan of Randy Rhoads, I can't help but side with the family here, too.

I think that the doc was a hasty effort to cover up the producer's real intentions- which was to make more money on a book. I'm not even a professional in the recording or film industry and I recoiled at the trailor- some parts were cool as hell and brought tears to my eyes- yet I couldn't get over my chagrin at certain moments- human that Randy was or not. I think Randy himself would have been a little put off at the absurdity of having Jackie Fox's story there- I mean to remain professional, they could have insinuated there was more and left it at that. The rest of what I saw really had nothing to do with what there is in the book- so that leads me to the conclusion that they held back the good stuff for the real deal, the $100 book.

Hell, that's just my opinion and it ain't worth much. But still as a Randy fan- I'm excited anytime I see him get recognition- because he deserves that and sooo much more!
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

I hate to say it but I would have done the same. It's a sad deal but really what did they think would happen w/o the family's consent? Truth be told, I haven't seen the book or film. But I have to imagine if I was in their situation I'd be pretty upset that they went ahead with this after the first failed doc and the past dealings. Can't say I blame them though for trying. The whole thing just stinks
Phineas J

Post by Phineas J »

I think the problem with the doc in the first place was that Dee and Margolis should have partnered with ozzy immediately and not tried to kiss his and sharon's butt later for rights to stuff. No product with Ozzy's face or vocals on it will be controlled by anyone other than Ozzy's camp. Plain and simple, and Im stunned that anyone (Peter mostly) would get into this project knowing what the Osbournes are like.

The Rhoads family is the reason why we have had no Randy stuff (lesson books, posters, or other promo items) over the past 30 years. Even Sharon hinted that there would need to be a "changing of the guard" in order for things to progress. Unfortunately I believe this to be true. And no matter how much the family says they dont want to profit from randy, the wine and kelle pushing his music demonstrate that they do serve their own interests while hiding behind the guise of true tribute.

I dont know who is right in all this, but I do agree that the family and others around Randy have really soiled his legacy by all the in-fighting and disrespect.

I hate to admit it, but I think the only person who can deliver a Randy product we all want is SHARON. Let her control everything and sh1t will get done. Releasing randy material isnt about wishy washy interpretations and "painting randy in a favorable only light." Its about the music and the footage. What we all want is clearly gonna be controlled by the ozzy camp. Get the family, sharon, and margolis in a room and get this thing done. Sharon will tell Kelle his music is sh1t and pay margolis what he lost. LOL
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

The Flying Dutchman wrote:So sad for everyone involved. :cry:
There will be no winners here....

*I still believe the book is a real treasure, made with the best intentions. One can't make something like that without being a huge RR fan.
+1

...and probably the only Randy-related thing that will see the light of day for a long, lonnnnnnnng time, sadly, with the exception of Sobol's also-great book.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Phineas J wrote:I think the problem with the doc in the first place was that Dee and Margolis should have partnered with ozzy immediately and not tried to kiss his and sharon's butt later for rights to stuff. No product with Ozzy's face or vocals on it will be controlled by anyone other than Ozzy's camp. Plain and simple, and Im stunned that anyone (Peter mostly) would get into this project knowing what the Osbournes are like.

The Rhoads family is the reason why we have had no Randy stuff (lesson books, posters, or other promo items) over the past 30 years. Even Sharon hinted that there would need to be a "changing of the guard" in order for things to progress. Unfortunately I believe this to be true. And no matter how much the family says they dont want to profit from randy, the wine and kelle pushing his music demonstrate that they do serve their own interests while hiding behind the guise of true tribute.

I dont know who is right in all this, but I do agree that the family and others around Randy have really soiled his legacy by all the in-fighting and disrespect.

I hate to admit it, but I think the only person who can deliver a Randy product we all want is SHARON. Let her control everything and sh1t will get done. Releasing randy material isnt about wishy washy interpretations and "painting randy in a favorable only light." Its about the music and the footage. What we all want is clearly gonna be controlled by the ozzy camp. Get the family, sharon, and margolis in a room and get this thing done. Sharon will tell Kelle his music is sh1t and pay margolis what he lost. LOL
Interesting take on the situation, and not at all out of the realm of what needs to take place to move forward, IMO. I, too, do not presume to know all the details, but there's got to be a better way to get things done than how it's going right now.

This lawsuit seems to me to be like a line in the sand by the Rhoads family to dissuade anyone else from messing with their version of Randy's legacy. It sorta sends a strong message, now doesn't it?

Should be very interesting to see how this whole thing plays out, but sadly, I don't think it bodes well for us fans.